“Pull down bed”

Grange Tower Bridge Hotel
Ranked #227 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed at the Grange tower this weekend and we were extremely disappointed. First of all the staff were very unwelcoming and unfriendly from the reception desk to the bar.
The room was standard at best (with the exception of the bathroom) We had a pull down bed which left at gap at the head. This led to an uncomfortable nights sleep as there was nothing to stop the pillows falling off.
The night was very noisy with lots of noise from the corridor, The noise from next door woke us one night and somebody trying the door the next.
£20 for breakfast?? Don't bother. There is a wetherspoons next door who serve a delicious eggs benedict.
Overall we were glad to be home for a decent nights sleep.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange Tower Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

So sorry that you did not fully enjoy your stay at the hotel. Your comments have been noted. We hope this will not put you off staying again on a future occasion.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,769)

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stay here on a fairly regular basis when in London on business.

Although I'm a fan of this chain of hotels - particularly the one located near St Paul's Cathedral, and of the decor, and the general "feel" of the experience, I'm somewhat baffled by the staff at the hotel. Each time I arrive, for example, I'm asked the same question - "Have you stayed with us before?". I realise this may seem like an odd complaint - that they deal with hundreds of different people in a week, but having stayed there at least nine times in the last three months, surely an update of the records should be made and the phrase changed to "Welcome back! Thank you for choosing us out of the hundreds of other options which were open to you, once again!"

One of my most recent experiences saw me being allocated an upgrade to a high level room with disabled facilities (even though I'm not differently-abled in any way) and a stunning view of Tower Bridge and the Shard. It was absolutely superb and I spent the whole weekend with the curtains open.

Another, unfortunately, saw me being allocated Room 213, which had a view of some housing and a gravelled flat-roof. Unsurprisingly, I spent most of my stay with the curtains drawn. The room itself was not up to the standard of other rooms I've been allocated in the hotel - no headboard behind the bed, sheets that didn't fit the bed properly and some chipped and scratched furniture. I could have, and should have complained. No doubt they would have changed my room if one was available, but then - I think to myself - why should I? It's the hotel's job to provide a high quality environment for a paying customer - not the job of the customer to perpetually troubleshoot for body of hotel staff.

On all occasions at some point or other, I've ordered from the room service menu, which was decent enough. The chicken caesar salad is consistently good, and the burgers (particularly the chickenburgers) consistently dry and leathery. Rather than spend a fortune on room service drinks, I invariably pop around the corner to the Tesco to pick up a selection of soft drinks at a fraction of the price.

Am I going to stay here again? I'm not certain - the proximity of a decent car park (Minories Car Park - approximately £22 for 48 hours over the weekend) is a big plus here, but the fact that decent nearby parking springs to mind when you're reviewing a hotel, says bad things about the ongoing quality of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mark01824093

Thank you for your review. Although we are pleased that you have enjoyed staying with us regularly, we regret that your expectations are not fully satisfied. Your comments have been noted. We hope that you will continue to stay with us.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed one night and were upgraded to an executive room which was a very good size, the bed was very comfortable and huge and the shower was fantastic.

Check in was seamless and staff were friendly and efficient.

Location wise it's strolling distance to Tower Bridge so handy for sightseeing. We didn't have breakfast and were quite glad as there was a long queue when we headed out - we had breakfast at the nearby Minories pub but there's a Whetherspoons on the doorstep too.

1  Thank welshboyed
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange Tower Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for your nice review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and found our staff friendly and efficient. We hope that you will return soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed two nights laat week on a business trip to London. The hotels location was great for both Canary Wharf and the City. The room was an executive room which was spaces with two double beds. Room was reasonable well fitted out. Staff at breakfast where a bit unresponsive but nothing to complain about. Location however is the hotels best selling point for me. Would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank all_I_want4xmas

Thank you for your good review. We are pleased you found the hotel and its facilities and particularly location to be ideal for your business needs. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Just a few minutes walk from the DLR and Tower Hill underground, this is a nice hotel, large rooms (although the beds are a bit hard) and is generally quiet at night. Staff at front desk are good, helpful and friendly. Around the area there are good eateries (Wetherspoons across the road, short walk to St Katherines dock for other nice restaurants. This is not a cheap hotel though - probably higher than average, but it is worth it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Radarulare

Its good that you enjoyed your stay and we are pleased that the staff were friendly and helpful. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Recently spent a weekend at Grange Tower Bridge and was most impressed. Staff were very friendly and efficient. Room was spotless. Only gripe was when I ordered two cocktails at £9.95 each the cost came to £21.89. Presumably a charge for pouring the drinks! Also did not venture into the restaurant for breakfast as this was £20 per head. Otherwise, a very pleasant stay

1  Thank Graham H
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange Tower Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for your review and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay. Service charge is added, however it is discretionary. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Booked this through 'secret hotels' at laterooms.com

Arrived at the hotel, right next to Towerhill tube station - to be told, that we were staying in a branch down the road...

So not as close as I thought, and the views were looking into a premier inn window.. so not of tower hill as described.

Room was spacious and clean. Shower was AMAZING, massive rainfall head and jets from the walls.

Bed was the comfiest I have ever slept in...amazing sleep!

Not much in the surrounding areas, a tesco express for emergencies.

Breakfast was £20 each, which I thought was expensive for food sitting on hot plates...

Evening meal was delicious though...

1  Thank Lanna123

Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay, the hotel and its facilities and particularly the bed - we do get lots of very positive comments about our beds. I regret however that you were not entirely satisfied with the location.