“Excellent hotel”

Grange Tower Bridge Hotel
Ranked #227 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Loved this hotel. So close to the tower bridge and tower hill station which made getting around really easy. Free Wifi too which I consider a just have in any hotel. The staff were lovely and the rooms large and very modern and comfortable. I would not hesitate to stay again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange Tower Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel excellent and found the location easy to get around London. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,769)

Reviewed 17 August 2014

The hotel overall is lovely. The room was gorgeous, very clean and tidy, and a very comfortable bed. However, we were not made aware that breakfast was not included. Which is fine. However, when going down for breakfast in the morning of the understanding that breakfast was included from the receptionist that checked us in, we were made to look very foolish. Not by the staff at breakfast but by the receptionist when we queried it. We are always staying in hotels. We booked one in Cardiff a few weeks ago and they even told us on check in and offered us a reduced rate for breakfast however not this hotel. They were rude to us. We felt very frustrated by this and have left this hotel feeling extremely unwelcome. We will not return again. It's amazing how something so small can ruin a weekend away.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Kjh_music

I am so sorry to learn of your difficulties relating to breakfast. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience and embarrassment. I hope that you will consider staying at the hotel again in the future, or even at one of our other hotels when you are assured you will be able to witness our high standard of service.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Hotel's location is very central and within walking distance there are lot of things to see. Hotel services were very good and staff very helpful. Room ok & quiet + breakfast good. Liked very much the indoor big pool and related services like gym too.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Aki P

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay and the hotel and its facilities and location and in particular our lovely spa. We hope you will return to us on your next trip to London.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed here for one night in July, booking last minute on a secret hotel deal with booking.com
We had a double room on the 8th floor. Room was clean and not a bad size. Tea and coffee making facilities, iron and ironing board and a safe were all supplied. Bathroom was clean and modern with a nice walk in shower as well as a bath. Toiletries and hair dryer were also provided. On our return later that evening our bed had been turned down and clean towels put in the bathroom, which we hadn't expected. You cannot check in till 3pm. We arrived about 1.30pm but we were able to leave our luggage in the luggage room so not a problem. We did not book breakfast as we thought it was very expensive. Continental breakfast was £15 per person and English breakfast was £20 per person. We checked out around 10am and walked past the breakfast room and it was very busy and people were queuing to get in. There is a wetherspoons next door to the hotel where we had a cooked breakfast with a cup of tea for £4.29 with no queuing and brought to your table ! The bar area is very small for the size of the hotel. Free wifi was available.

The hotel is in a good location for the Tower of London and Tower Bridge and Butlers wharf where there are a lot of nice restaurants.

We would stay again but only if we got a cheap deal again.

Room Tip: Ask of high floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SUNBEDSUE
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange Tower Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Good to hear you enjoyed your stay, liked the hotel and its location. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I visited this hotel for a couple of nights in August 2014.

Firstly, I should have realised that there are indeed two Grange hotels in close proximity to one another and, yes, I turned up at the wrong one. Like many other travellers it would appear, as the concierge provided me with pre printed directions to the correct hotel. They are only a 7 minute walk apart so no big deal. Just a minor dent in the ego of a frequent traveller!

I arrived early in the day and unfortunately a room was not available, however, I was offered full use of the health club facilities and I completed the check in process to save time later. The receptionist was very helpful and my bag was taken and later delivered to my room.

The room was great, I know there has been some debate about whether this is really a 5 star hotel. To be fair I don't stay exclusively in hotels at the top end of the market but I can say that from my perspective this did deliver in many of the key areas. The room was very comfortable, fairly spacious by London standards and the bathroom very well appointed with a separate bath and (very modern) shower.

My only slight issue (and it was a minor one) was the size and location of the tv, which did appear disproportionately small for the room and faced slightly away from the bed. Ok if you were sitting on the chair at the side of the bed but not so great if you were in bed.

I didn't use the main restaurant so can't comment on breakfast but I did have a drink and light meal in the bar. I liked this area, not too busy when I was there and a good atmosphere. The food was good, as was the room service. For those that don't want to pay the hotel food and drink prices there are less expensive options close by including a Weatherspoon pub next door which was open for breakfast and appeared popular

Free WIFI was good and worked well and the mini bar was well stocked.

So in summary, nice hotel with good service, great facilities and if I could get the same rate I would definitely use it again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your good review. I am pleased the hotel and its facilities lived up to your expectations and I hope you will return soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

In London for a mini break with working husband. Lucky enough to get a five star hotel .

Good booking in . Room spacious but as with all modern hotels gloomy. Decor in grey brown and black . Most depressing.

USB didn't work charging iPad . We were not told about free wi fi and always refuse to pay extra so went out to nearby cafe but didn't need to.
No bathrobes. Lifts- only two and a long wait most of the time and always far to full.

Tea choice was poor,no hot chocolate or real coffee sachets which we have come to expect in 5*.
Only four of those horrid plastic milk pods although fresh milk was quickly delivered when we asked for it
Ultramodern shower with no instructions so the first time we turned it on we got a face full of water and soaked the entire bathroom. Okay if you know the type but for us country bumpkins need a degree in its use.

In addition there was the sound if bubbling water ALL night really disturbing hence the rating for poor sleep. The bed was lovely though

The pool was exceptional . 25 metres lovely jacuzzi,foot spa,sauna,steam. This however was its only redeeming feature we wouldn't use again. It is a modern soulless typical architect designed by a man block.

Ten years will see it very dated.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Eliza1949

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay in our hotel. I am pleased however that you like the spa. Maybe you would like to try one of our smaller boutique or townhouse hotels on a future trip to London.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Very first time stayed here was fantastic. Massive toom. Really clean, fabulous service and amazingly helpful staff.

This time was still good, but the room we were given was a little disappointing, especially as rate was more than before.

Have a lovely spa area. Clean and good atmosphere. Treated ourselves to massage package, which was well worth it.

Also right next door to a great wetherspoons. Amazing value. Atmosphere and food.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Sonia S

Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will choose to return.