“Great !! Super hotel!!”

Paris, France
“Great !! Super hotel!!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

English :
Location is close to Barbican center since we came for a concert there
Hotel is very complex structure but they put indications everywhere!
Staff is very nice and professional and the room is fully and well equipped
Wifi is working very very well (up to 10 mbits)
We did not found how to switch off for the night all the lights in the room since they are plenty of lights but the place is very quiet and the breakfast inthe LOUNGE was a peaceful moment we appreciated so much.
If you have planned any event in this london district this Hotel is THE choice .
Francais:
Venu pour un concert au Barbican center cet hotel est extremement bien placé à 150 metres près!
Ancienne brasserie plus que renovée .les couloirs et escaliers sont nombreux mais tout est bien panneauté
Belle chambre club tres bien equipée avec un wifi du tonnerre et un petit dejeuner au Lounge ( belle piece tres british) ...un moment de paix que nous avons adoré
Le personnel est aux petits soins avec nous ce qui rend le sejour très agreable
En conclusion si vous avez a faire dans le quartier Barbican cet hotel est LE choix

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jmb972
altmon, General Manager at The Montcalm at the Brewery London City, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such an amazing feedback about your recent visit and we are very happy, that the Montcalm London City with its facilities and services were up to your satisfaction and that you enjoyed your stay.

Our friendly and attentive staff will go the extra mile for our guests and nothing is too much to ask for, if it comes to putting a highlight on our guests stay.

I am sure that your recent visit will encourage you further to stay with us on the regular basis.

Montcalm Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 30 April 2014

A great hotel with impeccable service. Great service, brilliant food and good sized room for London at a great price. I stayed at other Montcalm's and the difference was notable. This one was great value and a rare gem for London at the price I paid.

Room Tip: Stay here if you want a great hotel in the city business district
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Leon K
Dear Leon

I am delighted to learn you had a wonderful stay with us; thank you for sharing your positive thoughts.

Our team here at the Montcalm London City consistently makes every effort to provide an excellent service to all our guests.

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 30 April 2014

historical setting, high quality interior, extremely friendly and helpful staff. Spent only one night but felt almost at home. Very nice surprise: a good bottle of Cote du Rhone as a birthday present. Will come again! :)

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Thomas

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stay here on a very regular basis and this review is long overdue. Although my trips are business related it is a great place to come back to at the end of a long day. It is a luxurious looking hotel with an incredibly friendly, helpful and professional team. Even if and when I've had the odd problem or special request (as you would expect having spent a few months there over the past two years) the response is always swift and as accommodating and helpful as it can possibly be. I can single out several of the friendly folks that work here but this would just not be fair as the whole team, is such a pleasure to be around.

My favourite part of the hotel is the cosy Club Lounge, a great place to meet and greet clients and business partners or to meet friends. You always feel welcome!

All the rumours about getting lost in the hotel; you will get lost in the maze trying to find your room at some point, don't panic, enjoy it, it is part of the experience and fun of visiting the "Montcalm at the Brewery".

I can be harsh in my view on hotels as I often live in them and are probably not very easily pleased but the "Montcalm at the Brewery" is my favourite hotel and it is a great place to come back to!

An excellent location, great hotel and a wonderful team.

Room Tip: The Club Rooms are great as it allows access to the Club Lounge!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Ronald

Thank you so much for such an amazing review and we are very happy, that the Montcalm London City with its facilities and services is up to your satisfaction and that you enjoy your stay every time you here.

The Montcalm London City is built within a listed property; it used to be the Whitbread Brewery. So its quirky layout is due to its original features, this, together with our modern décor, gives our property a charm which is unique.

The location of the hotel is very convenient. We are just 5 minutes walk away from the Moorgate and the Barbican tube stations what provides excellent connection for London attractions and sightseeing

I would like to thank you once again for your lovely comments about our team and property and we can't wait to welcome you back.

scot in england
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed here with my husband for 2 nights. All hotel staff from arrival were very attentive and helpful. Beautifully decorated rooms and the most comfortable of beds and pillows. The Hermes products in the bathroom were a treat - and the rainfall shower was amazing. Perfect location for Barbican Centre and overall a very good price for central London. Just a short walk from tube stations Barbican and Moorgate and the area itself has lots to offer

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

The location of the hotel is very convenient. The closest underground stations are the Barbican and the Moorgate. The Liverpool station also presents excellent connections with the underground network and offers a wide connection with the national rail service, including the Stansted Express.

On behalf of entire Montcalm London City Team, I would like to thank you once again for your lovely comments about our team and property and hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back.

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The Montcalm hotel website does not do this hotel justice! On arrival it was such a surprise to find a hotel that was not overselling itself, by a long shot. Everything was fantastic and the price was exceptional for such a great location. On check in we was asked if this was for a special occasion, which it was and within 15 minutes of being in the room a birthday cake & card arrived at our door from the hotel and receptionist.
This is a gem of a hotel, the staff and facilities are 1st rate. Don't miss out!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Matthew

Thank you for taking your valued time to share such a wonderful review following your stay with us at the Montcalm London City.

I am thrilled to learn that you have chosen our hotel to celebrate your special occasion and that the hotel team has managed to meet your expectations.

Rest assured I have shared your wonderful comments with our team, who was delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful time and everyone is looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel in the nearest future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stay at the Montcalm every time I am in London. I have a very good relationship with them and everything is always dealt with in a very personal manner. From the very moment you enter the doors you are greeted with a gentlemen in top hat and tails who takes care of everything.

Due to the personal nature of the hotel I decided to put my Mother there for her birthday while I was in LA. I made one phone call to the hotel and the manager did everything else. To say I was impressed is an understatement. My parents were given the best two story suite in the hotel and she even had a birthday cake delivered! None of this was arranged by myself, the wonderful staff at the Montcalm took it upon themselves to make my Mother's birthday one to remember.

As a result I am extremely grateful for everything they have done and I will continue to stay there every time I am in London.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jason_Appleton
altmon, General Manager at The Montcalm at the Brewery London City, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Jason

Thank you for sharing such a fantastic review on this forum.

I am thrilled to learn that you have chosen our hotel for your mother to celebrate her birthday and we have made this special occasion a memorable one and the hotel team has managed to meet her expectations .I am delighted that she was given a lovely upgraded room on this occasion. Our Barbican Duplex Suites are really stunning.

Rest assured I have shared your wonderful comments with our team, who was delighted to hear that your mother had such a wonderful time and everyone is looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel in the nearest future.