“excellent and very modern would stay again !”

The Montcalm at the Brewery London City
Ranked #79 of 1,069 Hotels in London
“excellent and very modern would stay again !”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

very nice lovely rooms and great staff unfortunate to not have any parking but there were sufficient spaces in the barbican theatre car park , lovely modern twist on an old style brewery, lovely friendly staff and good value for money !

• Stayed June 2014
altmon, General Manager at The Montcalm at the Brewery London City, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear James,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a great review on this forum.
It was a pleasure to have you with us.
WE hope to see you again soon.

Sabine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My friend and I stayed here for two nights, the service was excellent from check in and check out. I I have to say their staffs were extremely helpfull and so service minded. I stay regularly in hotel for work and I have never been well taken care of at any other hotel.
The Montcalm will be my regular hotel for now on!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Alpha-Grace
altmon, General Manager at The Montcalm at the Brewery London City, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Alpha-Grace,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment on this forum.

It’s always a great pleasure to receive valuable feedback. Our team here at the Montcalm London City consistently makes every effort to provide an excellent service to all our guests.

I would like to thank you once again for your lovely comments about our team and property and we can't wait to welcome you back.

Shropshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We arrived at the Montcalm to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday. We were asked why we were visiting London and as soon as we mentioned we were celebrating a birthday, we were upgraded to a Club Room (without even asking!).

The hotel reception is exceptional and the rooms are some of the highest quality I have seen in London. The staff are extremely courteous and attentive. The breakfast is at a price you would expect to pay in a London hotel, however is very good value when you consider the choice and quality of the food on offer.

Could not recommend this hotel anymore! I have stayed here on four or five occasions and have also stayed in many other London hotels, so I can easily compare. The Montcalm remains my favourite, without fail.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Daniel H
Dear Dan,

Thank you for taking your valued time to share your review following your stay with us at the Montcalm London City for your girlfriend’s birthday.

I was thrilled to learn that you had such an amazing stay and that our team managed to help to make this special occasion even more special.

Ossett, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Experience started prior to arrival when I emailed the hotel to ensure that they had added my Montcalm membership number to the booking. I also explained that I usually stayed at another hotel in London whilst away on business, but that I hoped my experience would lead me to change to Montcalm, given it was so near my place of work. Despite 2 emails, no response. Upon arrival, I was met by the lovely concierge. Extremely personable, and definitely a wow factor, as this person took my case, directed me to reception, waited whilst I checked in and then took me to my room (although he did get lost a few times- it is a rabbit warren of corridors). Not the ideal check in as they did not have my membership number recorded, so I got none of the perks offered. Also, my reservation was with breakfast included, but they had no record of this and wanted to charge me the £19 extra- luckily I had my confirmation and showed her this. When I arrived at my room I felt like I was walking in to a cupboard. In an attempt to make it look bigger, the wall between the bedroom and bathroom was glass, so the bath was less than a meter from the bed!! I did not like this at all. It was so cramped, having to squeeze around the furniture. The window was very small, and curtains shut when I arrived- I do know why, because when I looked out it was dark and dismall, with a view of... offices no more than 10 foot away- I could see them working away- no day light at all. I then got a call asking me to bring my proof of breakfast being included to reception, so they could update my booking to ensure I actually got breakfast. This is certainly not what I expect from a 3 star, let alone a 5 star. I know there are significantly better rooms in the hotel, which may make it the 5 star, but not based on my cupboard. I won't be staying again as I could not settle at all in my room, as itI felt claustrophobic

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sam_x_74
altmon, General Manager at The Montcalm at the Brewery London City, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Sam,

Thank you for your valued feedback which is much which is most valuable to us as it helps us enhance our products and service.

The Montcalm London City is known to have a great variety of rooms that are very quiet; therefore, it disappoints us that we didn't make a positive impact whilst you were staying with us. Our team is always willing to help our guests to receive their preferred room type or in this case give some special attention to the rate would a request be placed in advanced or during your stay.

We thank you for your praising words about our very attentive concierge team.

We would like to welcome you back to the Montcalm London City; perhaps you could give us another opportunity to make it up to you, and provide you the exceptionally high standard of service you would rightly expect from us.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay the Montcalm, the staff did everything they could to make us feel welcome and looked after, this is the most important part of any hotel stay and as long as they can keep that service up they can do no wrong.
The hotel itself is beautiful, although its a bit of a maze because its a grade 2 listed building, so a staff member kindly escorted us to our room on arrival.
We stayed in a club room which was amazing, very comfortable and really specious for London! Well worth the money. The little extras really made it, like the iphone docking station, fragrance diffuser, nespresso machine, glass wall in the bathroom, and rain shower. If you are a light sleeper ask for a room away from the main road, but it wasn't an issue for me.
The location is good, a few mins walk to Barbican station, we had no problems finding it.
Overall we had a fantastic experience and I'm already booking again for our next stay.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Becky M
Dear Becky,

Thank you for taking your valued time to share your review following your stay with us at the Montcalm London City.

On behalf of entire Montcalm London City Team, I would like to thank you once again for your lovely comments about our team and property and we are looking forward to your return visit to pamper you ones more with great hospitality.

London, Canada
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was a wonderful hotel. The staff were extremely helpful, friendly, and professional - they are genuinely interested in making sure their guests are well taken care of. The room was extremely clean and comfortable with great amenities such as complementary Wi-Fi. Although we had to move our room part way through our stay the staff was most helpful in doing so. The location of the hotel is fabulous - just around the corner from the Barbican Centre and only a couple of blocks from the tube - it also is attached to a great pub. The area is worth exploring - good restaurants, historical sights, and shopping. We will definitely go back to this hotel and would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
altmon, General Manager at The Montcalm at the Brewery London City, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Toula,

Thank you for your kind words.
I am thrilled to learn that you had such a wonderful time with us and I really appreciate that you took the time to write about our services and amenities.
I hope we will be seeing you again soon.

Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed at The Mountcalm Hotel in London and loved every minute of it. I felt totally looked after and special. I was due to attend a dinner in the evening but i had to force myself out as I did not wan to leave my room! I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Tracy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review.
I read your comments to our staff who was delighted to know that you found your room so wonderful that you chose it over a dinner.
We can’t wait to have you back.