“Inexpensive Italian pasta/pizza place”
Review of Chicco's - CLOSED

Chicco's
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Camden
Reviewed 23 August 2013

For once I had a look on Trip Advisor beforehand and consequently I had high expectations.

We ate early at 7pm and the restaurant was empty. Even so it took some time to be offered a drink. More importantly the floor was being washed and the smell of bleach was unpleasant.

You get what you pay for and it's a cheap place. Once ordered the food arrived quickly and it was nice and fresh. The pizza is all right - perfectly acceptable but certainly not Italian and certainly far from great. Wine was a little too warm and the beer could have been colder on a hot day. Service was good other than the wait to get a drink on arrival.

I would be happy to eat there again but at the same time I certainly wouldn't be bursting a gut to return. Good value for money given the location.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Really friendly staff, nice welcome for everyone.
Wide pizza menu and the pizza is super good.
Cheap drinks.

What more could you ask for! They even do take away

Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

We dropped in here after not being able to get in elsewhere. It was quite late and it was near to where one of our party was staying. The atmosphere was great, staff friendly and courteous and the food was excellent. Good value too. We would definitely go there again

Reviewed 15 December 2012

It's not usual for me to visit the same restaurant 2 times in a single trip, but this one has made me doing this ! Went to London with 2 buddies, living near Euston. Enough for the fish and chips and potatoes so we just looked for something Italian taste. Walked from our hotel for like 20 mins, ordered spaghetti, pizza and opened a bottle of Chianti. The food, wine, price and service were all great. Totally value-for-money ! Next evening, we went there again before going to Emirates Stadium for Arsenal match. The waiter just greeted us, and recommended some other spaghetti and pizza, and still remembered we'd order Chianti. The food taste was great, and we just had a very pleasant dinner for our stay in London.

Reviewed 14 December 2012

Based on previous reviews, I had higher expectations.

My pizza came out slightly uncooked. When I told the waiter, they just put it back in the oven. I was hoping they'd remake it from scratch.

In the end it wasn't very good. Chewy, too much cheese, the base was too thick.

1  Thank ringingup