“Top eatery”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Clerkenwell
Transit: Nearest tube: Farringdon
Description: Set inside an old drill hall and warehouse that overlooks the St John's Gardens on Turnmill Street, Redhook is a chic American-style steak and seafood destination in London's Farringdon. Owned by the team from Giant Robot and Milk and Honey, Redhook has become a firm fixture on the EC1 dining scene. Always filled with a trendy media-centric crowd, the restaurant has its own cocktail and oyster bar, and is a popular place for entertaining clients and after-work dates. The kitchen at Redhook specialises in fresh market fish and premium steaks cooked in searingly hot charcoal ovens, and the wine list features over 70 wines from the Americas and a few favourite clarets.
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I have lived locally to Redhook for a number of years but never visited.
I popped in on the off chance of a table, with my wife & they couldn't do enough to seat us (without reservation).
The food was a amazing and the waiting staff were really helpful.
They even apologised for the long wait (it wasn't).
When I left a cash tip, it wasn't swallowed up, the waiter explained the service charge was included, I still felt the need to leave a tip as they were so nice there.
I can't recommend this restaurant enough.
I will be back.
Thank you all at the Redhook.
I would like to finish by saying, I don't usually go out of my way to write a review but this place is worth it.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Firstly, this is my second only review and it’s as much a criticism of the organisers of 'Graze in the City' as it is Redhook. I do this as a hospitality professional and as constructively as possible having fedback to Graze and communications manager Adam Coghlan. Please if you are going to get restaurants to participate in Graze make sure more than one person in each establishment knows about the festival!! This is year two so I love the concept just badly communicated. Also you do sense a little bit second class citizen as its clearly not a big spending menu and so onto Redhook where we announced Graze to which we received the customary puzzled look a following allot of staring at each other, we sat down. I liked the look of Redhook about 3/4 full on a thurs evening ... before I forget, please close the private function room door, loud noises badly designed as were the movable banquette seats, design disaster, where we were seated (would have made great TV with a hidden camera) We just had a dessert so I cannot comment on the food despite being offered another tables main course. Liked the Wine preferred the one in the glass as opposed to the one I ended up wearing but then we were allocated the new waiter... shame and felt a bit sorry for him. I would always give a restaurant a second opportunity especially as we just had the Graze dessert. That said there was enough to put us off returning. Graze, excellent concept, floored execution and alas Redhook did not fair much better

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We visited Redhook on a Tuesday evening, for Date Night. These are rare and much cherished occasions and as such we try to push the boat out a bit. I chose Redhook as it was easy to get to and the menu looked wonderful.

We were not disappointed. We both started with soft shell crab; mu husband followed with rib-eye and giant prawns, while I went completely overboard with lobster (there's a theme here!). It was all cooked perfectly and simply delicious. The atmosphere is relaxed and the decor is delightful.

There is no getting away from the fact that it wasn't cheap, but hey this is London, there is very little about that is cheap.

Their Mojitos are spot on and their own brand lager seemed to be thoroughly enjoyed by the old ball and chain. All in all a thoroughly enjoyable meal and a restaurant I would definitely return to.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

This place looks great, with good bar for pre food drinking and two food areas; one more formal and one more relaxed near the bar with booths.
We sat by the bar to eat. The food was great and they have a good selection of wine. The fish is excellent and nicely done.
The bill just ruined it. We had what I considered quite small dishes and so the price was unjustified. A real shame as it is a great place for a date or meal with friends. May just be good for business meals/ client events?

Reviewed 22 May 2013 via mobile

Arrived at 8.10pm and ordered within 15mins arriving. Popcorn shrimp and soft shell crab arrived within 20min of ordering. The radish didn't arrive for a other 15mins. Surprising given it is the one dish that didn't involve cooking. Then the real wait started... We got our mains over 1 hour after we ordered. Unfortunately it was the wrong order when it arrived, and the waiter tried to tell is that it was right, even thought it contradicted what was written on the menu. We were offered free sides as an apology. The steak was overcooked, the lobster was very overcooked and one was missing the clarified butter. We complained but was told it was a busy night, there is a new menu, etc etc. the restaurant was about 3/4 full max.
Overall, a pretty appalling display of service, and quality of food. I'm sure the produce was fresh, but in the heat of the kitchen and amongst the disorganization, they were just over priced and poorly cooked dishes. Everyone was clearly trying, but they need to do better.