“The Real West End”
Review of Westminster Walks

Westminster Walks
Ranked #260 of 716 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: I've lived in London all my life and love the city. I'm a City of Westminster and Clerkenwell & Islington Tour Guide and lead mostly food and drink themed walks in places such as St James's and Mayfair and hidden historic pub tours in Belgravia and Marylebone. Other walks include areas such as Clerkenwell, St Luke's, Walthamstow and Chingford. All my walks include both historical and current information (ie unusual places for afternoon tea) and you will receive a handout listing these details.
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I went on a walking tour with Joanna as part of the 'Spring into Summer' weekend of free guided walks organised by Walk London and Transport for London. Joanna was very well informed about the area, and the walk unveiled a number of hidden places around Covent Garden and Soho. Places most Londoners would rush past without stopping to look at! If you enjoy food and drink and a spot of afternoon tea, Joanna can suggest a number of places that are worth a stop. A very pleasant and interesting way to spend a few hours around the West End!

3  Thank Sandip D

Reviewed 14 April 2014

A wonderful late afternoon/early evening walk with Joanna around Soho. We were shown an array of cocktail bars that were 'secret' - you would be totally unaware of their existence unless pointed out - with history and many absorbing facts thrown in. Joanna was very interesting, informative and knowledgeable and it was a pleasure to listen to her. We ended the walk at the Indian restaurant/bar with cocktail and food tasting - a memorable close to what was an enjoyable couple of hours walking around the fascinating Soho. We look forward to taking another tour with Joanna in the future.

1  Thank CathSW6
Reviewed 15 December 2013

A couple of years ago my friends and I enjoyed a memorable pre-Christmas walk with Joanna around Belgravia and 3 of it's best pubs. Last week we met with Joanna again and had a great walk aroung Marylebone and some of it's hidden secrets. An enjoyable mix of historical facts, great eating places and 3 veryinteresting pubs off the beaten track. Joanna was great fun and gave us a lot of additional information on where to go and what to see in the area.
A brilliant way to spend an afternoon in London with friends.

2  Thank trevor p
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Belated review of a great walk in Belgravia that covered three lovely pubs and other sights. Joanna was a knowledgable and fun guide armed with interesting information about what we were seeing as well as tips about favorite tea spots and other suggestions along the way. As a non-Londoner, it was a great way to see a part of the city slightly out of the tourist areas while being able to chat with the other tour participants over a pint. Even recommended two of the pubs we visited to friends recently visiting London and they enjoyed them as much as I did. I hope my next trip to London corresponds with one of Jo's walks - they are well worth the money spent!

2  Thank Megan J
WWalks, Owner at Westminster Walks, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2012

Thanks for taking the time to give me such a great review. The Belgravia walk was my original pub walk and to my mind still has some of the best pubs in London but in an area slightly off the beaten track. I hope to see you some time soon on another walk.

Reviewed 5 December 2012

On a short visit to London thought a guided walk would be the best way to see the best sights -wasn't wrong Joanne guided us round for nearly two hours with an interesting mixture of pubs lights and facts so the time past very quickly. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience and would recommend it to anyone visiting the Capital for a short time.After the tour we received an e-mail from Joanne giving details of other attractions to visit along with a map of the walk and a selection of restaurants and bars all very helpful ! thanks Joanne a nice touch .

WestminsterWalks, Owner at Westminster Walks, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

Thanks very much for your great review. I hope you managed to make the most of your last day in London and hope to see you both on another occasion.