Review Highlights
Walking the streets of London

These walks are a must for any visitors to London or residents interested in exploring the city as... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
calirua
London, United Kingdom
Guided Walk of Covent Garden

We enjoyed a guided walk of Covent Garden, it was good fun and we learnt a lot of history in the... read more

Reviewed 7 August 2018
Joanne B
London, United Kingdom

All reviews great walk walking tour west end an excellent guide covent garden soho tours history gems
Reviewed 18 June 2016

We contacted Joanna and her team some weeks ago to request a customised walking tour of Westminster for 60 primary children. She was quick to reply, and showed just how knowledgeable she is about many different areas of the capital. In addition, she was able to add in subject specific facts and location stops to link with the children's recent learning - all really useful and complementary to our topic!
They were a true help with logistics too: where the coach could drop and collect; where best to have lunch; and the best route to the theatre. Above all, this information was given to us before the day, so we could prepare well in advance...and they were able to tweak the tour on the day when an unforeseen traffic eventuality made us late!

Brilliantly organised, very knowledgeable, clearly passionate about their work and extremely helpful! Would definitely recommend.

WestminsterWalks, Owner at Westminster Walks, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2016

Thank you drecastle for such a brilliant review. It was a pleasure to take you all around Westminster and we are so pleased you all enjoyed the day.

Reviewed 19 January 2016

I've been on other walks led by Joanna and this walk was just as informative and entertaining as the others. Joanna does a wonderful job combining historical and present information to provide context for the area covered in the walk. She also had lots of recommendations for pubs and restaurants along the route, even though it wasn't a pub-themed walk. One of the highlights was the detailed email she circulated after the walk with information covered during the walk and other suggestions - makes you eager to re-visit the area on your own.

WestminsterWalks, Owner at Westminster Walks, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2016

Thank you Megan for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I look forward to taking you on more walks in the future.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

With just one evening in London between business meetings I was looking for something interesting to do on my own in the early evening. This fascinating walk to see the Christmas lights of the West End just after the shops closed was perfect, taking us into tiny arcades and hidden courtyards which I would never have found by myself. Joanna's commentary gave us just the right combination of history, practical recommendations and quirky anecdotes, and the friendly atmosphere of the whole group made me feel I wasn't on my own after all.

1  Thank Lesley S
WestminsterWalks, Owner at Westminster Walks, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2015

Thanks Lesley for such a great review. It certainly was a friendly group and this in turn contributed to the success of the walk.

Reviewed 8 December 2015

This 3 hour walking tour of Marylebone was great fun! I especially loved the over-all mix of history, culture, restaurant recommendations (including cheese, wine and dessert shops), and - of course - the 2 pub stops. Joanna was extremely knowledgeable and had a wonderful sense of humor. At the end (the time flew by) I felt I had a good understanding of another lovely part of London. Could not recommend it more highly and will certainly book another of Joanna's tours when I return next year.

WestminsterWalks, Owner at Westminster Walks, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2015

Thank you Judy for your lovely review. I really enjoyed taking you around my favourite parts of Marylebone and look forward to showing you another part of London on your next visit.

Reviewed 8 December 2015

Most sensible Londoners and astute visitors would avoid the main shopping thoroughfares of London's West End at Christmas owing to the crowds of shoppers. It seems a shame because the spectacular lights and colourful shop windows are a real delight at this time of the year. No problem. Joanna has devised a secret route taking in many of the small streets and hidden corners of Westminster, whose amazing lights and remarkable history put the magic back into London at Christmas.

It was no surprise that some members of last night's group have been out with Joanna before. She is an excellent guide and her knowledge and eye for detail is prodigious. I was particularly impressed by her careful attention to safety and not allowing anyone to become separated. And her recommendations along the route as to where we could eat and drink inexpensively, (and very expensively!), were a shining example of a guide who has an astonishing inside knowledge of this wonderful city.

Thank you so much Peter for such a brilliant review. I really enjoyed leading the walk and sharing my accumulated knowledge with everyone!