“A very cool experience”

Ranked #198 of 409 Dessert in London
Price range: US$6 - US$49
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Soho's very own secret tea room above the Coach and Horses, a secret vintage tea spot to indulge in amazing cakes and sip on carefully selected teas.
Germany
“A very cool experience”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Tucked away upstairs from what looks like a normal pub (but is actually a very cool vegetarian traditional pub) is this dainty and very classically English high tea room.

It's basically everything you expect - scones, petit fours and elegant crockery...all complemented by exquisite teas.

Surrey (all out!)
“Unique and quirky”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I took my dearest friend here for a surprise afternoon tea. My friend loved the fact we had to go through the pub bar to access the stairs to the tea room. The staff were very friendly, the surroundings were very quaint, quirky and very relaxing. It was a little bit of a squash and a squeeze. Nice old style music played. When you reserve a table they say you have the table for 90 minutes but we were there over 2 hours and not rushed in the slightest. We both had a glass of prosecco to start with and the afternoon tea for £17.50 each. Its very good value given your in Soho. The homemade scones were delicious as was the sharp cherry jam served with them. There was a nice sponge like cake with fresh kiwi and strawberry. The other cakes that we left to the waitress to choose as a surpise were ok but in all fairness I have had alot better. Be aware a service charge is added to the bill which in fairness is worth it as they were polite and not overtly in your face. Definitely unique, quirky and fairly priced.

1 Thank Surreyduo
Stevenage, United Kingdom
“A Secret Discovered”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This delightful and hidden gem was where I recently took my daughte as part of her 40th birthday gift - the service, ambience and location were com pletely superb, like stepping back in time.
We had the most lovely afternoon, theee most wonderful cakes and scones, a delicious pot of tea with an egg-timer to denote when it was brewed, an amazing touch!
The 'mismatching' bone-china crockery was so 'chic' - my daughter abosolutely adored the place. My only slight dissapointment was that the sandwiches were a little sparse and unimaginative - nevertheless, an exceptional place and to be highly reccommended - than you

1 Thank Ushers1
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Neat experience, massive servings”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Loved loved loved this tea rooms entered behind the bar of the horse and hound pub.

The slices of cake were massive and very delicious not to mention the tea cakes and sandwiches.

Great value for money compared with other high tea places in London.

Lovely to take you partner but could see as great to take your child, parent, grandparent too.

Munster, Indiana
“expected more”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Perhaps I set myself up for a disappointment because I expected a lot more from this restaurant based on the reviews that I had read.However, the place seemed rather ordinary to me - not bad - just ordinary. The cakes and pastries were likewise not bad - it's just that I have had much better cakes, sandwiches and pastries in London and I thought this place would have something for the customers to rave about. The only thing I liked was this whole secret thing of having to ask the bar tender of a pub to let you in- and you have to go behind the bar to get to the stairs. That was rather amusing and unique.

1 Thank jsn888