“Friendly Service - Good Food - Reasonable Prices”

Bellaria Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #2,027 of 23,707 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$27 - US$53
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fitzrovia
Description: Charmingly unique, Bellaria Restaurant and Wine Bar in Fitzrovia is a must for those tired of the same typical Italian dining experience. From street level Bellaria looks like a simple Italian restaurant with a welcoming atmosphere. The best seats in the house are by the wide windows where you can sit and watch the world go by. However, a few steps below and guests are transported to a whole other world. Bellaria's basement is straight out of a fairytale - its bare stone walls, with their arches, nooks and crannies complemented by chandeliers, mirrors, and low lighting, enhance the atmospheric ambience. It is the ideal setting for romance and a real surprise to everyone who discovers it. Sophisticated and contemporary, our menu makes good use of authentic Italian ingredients to produce elegant and creative dishes ranging from pastas and risottos to steaks and fish. To complement our delicious food we have created a long list of excellent wines
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I arrived a little early on a very hot day and the Maître De and his colleague were outside. They welcomed me in a very friendly way and offered to look after my bag whilst I strolled around the neighbourhood.

The meal was just a quick business lunch but the pasta (and other ingredients) was clearly fresh, my sausage and courgette linguini was delicious and the seafood dish my guest ate looked perfect.

Very happy to go again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Selected this place because we had the Lindon Pass restaurant guide. Only some entrees are part of London Pass discount, but a decent selection. Very authentic Italian in a residential neighborhood.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My girlfriend and I met up with some friends at Bellaria and enjoyed the good food and nice service of Bellaria. It was a Saturday night and the place was crowded but not full. We had reservations but I wouldn't say that they are required. Good wine list, nice menu and well prepared food. The service was attentive but not overbearing. We have been here a few times before and will be back.

1  Thank Ryan G
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Spent the weekend in London ... ate at Bellaria twice ... it was that great! You will enjoy authentic Italian specialties, delicious desserts and a fabulous wine & spirits list. My husband's favorite meal was the pork chop although he loved the pistachio-crusted salmon also. He said the tiramisu was the best he's ever eaten. He raved about the Grappa di Barolo too.

My meals were risotto [splendid] and eggplant pasta [delicious]. My favorite dessert was the raspberry chocolate torte. We had the BEST service! Molto bene! We heartily and enthusiastically recommend Bellaria. The weather was wonderful so we dined al fresco one evening: a beautiful way to enjoy the quaint neighborhood. Kudos to Giuseppe Vannucci, the Executive Chef. You'll love his food!

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Loved this hidden gem! Tried my first Aperol Spritz and fell in love. The seafood pasta and calamari and zucchini to start were to die for and the service staff were so attentive and friendly. We sat outside as it was a warm evening and there were heaters which creates a lovely atmosphere. Will definitely be returning!