Aloft London Excel
MOXY London Excel(London)
Good 3.5/5
Good 3.5/5
1,980 results
All reviewsprince regentdlr stationcity airportconvention centercanary wharfcanning townemirates air lineblack out blindssauna and steam roomdocklands light railwayattending a conferencejubilee linewalk in showercomfy bedbooked this hotelreception deskfull english breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Following a recommendation on TA, this hotel was affordable, clean, modern....but empty! Despite this we weren't allowed an upgrade to the loft suites (well, you've got to try), but were given a complimentary cocktail for my birthday :) Staff were pleasant, pool/gym etc was lovely...but unless you're attending the Excel, this is a desolate location.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
AloftLondonExcel, General Manager at Aloft London Excel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2012

Hey Imogen2011,
From your and some other reviews it certainly seems that we had a few quiet days when not so much was happening in the Docklands. We noticed the same and you will be happy to hear that we have identified our resident DJ to re-vive some cool vibes in W XYZ Bar. It is still stop secret, but stay tuned.....

For the many of you who have stayed when the hotel was buzzing, this is definitely not a desolate location. Keep following us on Facebook and you will always know what is happening at Aloft London Excel.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

This hotel ticked all of the corporate travel boxes, room was a good size, the shower was very good but no minibar.

I would stay here again if I was working at the Excel however if I was in the city I would get something closer. The taxi was £60 each way.

Hello EdinburghColin,
Thank you so much for staying with us when you were recently at ExCeL.

TOP TIP: For all guests staying with us in the future, it might be good to know that we left the minibar empty on purpose. We think of it as your in-room fridge, allowing you to stock it with your favourite snacks and sips from our Re:fuel pantry. This allows you to customize your Aloft stay and is just one of many features that put you, our guests, in charge!

We hope you continue to enjoy the easy-breezy flexibility when staying at Aloft, see you soon again.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Very nice and brand new hotel. The rooms are smaller than other Alofts (e.g Brussels) yet it is a prime location.

1  Thank Nicolas_Kar

Hello Nicolas_Kar,
Thanks for staying with us and for your feedback on the rooms compared to Aloft Brussels. All Aloft rooms follow a global standard and ours have the same size and the loft-like 9-foot-high ceilings. The specific room you stayed in might just have seemed a bit smaller.

It seems you have stayed in a few Aloft hotels around the world, any feedback you have for us or cool programs you see, let us know, we would love to hear about your travels.

See you soon again.

julia.harnischfeger@alofthotels.com

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Right next to Excel, so convenient. Prince Regent rail stop about 400 metres from hotel. Great hotel, very reasonable prices. Modern and functional rooms and great staff. Reservation (online), check in and check out a dream!

1  Thank Traveller1071

Hey Traveller1071,
That's what we call a fantastic review to be proud of. Calling our reservations, check-in and check-out "a dream", what more could we ask for.

TOP TIP: should the front desk ever be busy, we also encourage you to use our self-service kiosk, available in the lobby for an easy-breezy check-in/out.

See you soon again at Aloft London Excel.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

I stayed at the hotel while I was exhibiting at a show at Excel. I checked in quite late around 10, and it seemed they were trying to sort out a new hotel for someone who they had double booked a room which wasn't a good start. The hotel is of modern design, which I like, but that is the only thing I liked about it! We booked about 2 months in advance and paid £170 per night including breakfast, but it turned out breakfast was a grab and go croissant with coffee. When I asked whether I could get a proper breakfast, I was told that the hotel does not have a kitchen, which I find unbelievable. So in a hotel which is aimed at exhibition go-ers, there is a pool and gym for guests but no kitchen and no proper breakfast unless you go to the externally owned restaurant and pay £15.50. I only wanted scrambled egg, and didn't want to pay £15 for it. The staff where polo neck tops and jeans, and the rooms are trendy but basic. I don't mind basic, if I am paying a basic price, but to pay £170 a night, I don't consider that a basic price. I also was given a twin room when I booked a double. It seemed very disorganised and because they have transient clientele and regularly sell out when a show is on, they don't seem to care. Not impressed at all!

Room Tip: Book another hotel!

Hello Liz S,
Thank you for taking the time to write, we are sorry to hear that we were unable to meet your expectations. So many of our guests and reviewers have commented on the great price-value of their stay and the flexibility of the grab&go breakfast. Re:fuel, our grab&go pantry, very much represents the Aloft style of affordable, accessible and attractive food offers. You can choose per item and pay accordingly, many of our guests value this option.

We understand that sometime a more substantial breakfast is a better start to the day, therefore FEDE Restaurant, located within our building, offers this. Please accept our apologies for not explaining the options and choices to you in more detail.

Please feel free to contact me and we will make sure that any future reservations you make with us reflect a rate without grab&go breakfast to allow you to enjoy breakfast separately in the restaurant.

julia.harnischfeger@alofthotels.com