“If your not on the guest list or dressed to impress don't even try it”
Review of Funky Buddha Club

Funky Buddha Club
Ranked #798 of 1,295 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Between the Victorian elegance of Berkley Square and the Imperial magnificence of Piccadilly, Oozing with Eastern decadence and oriental opulence funkybuddha is a distinctive and well established nightclub since 2001 located in the heart of Mayfair, one of the most prestigious areas of London. With an immersive interior design blending a modern cutting edge aesthetic with the mystical orient whilst pulling together an interesting mix of surrealism and luxury. funkybuddha impresses with the beaming neon lights of the dance floors, giant Buddha statues and multi colored waterfalls. The nightclub consists of a sensitive and imaginative arrangement of member’s areas, private rooms, and the main dance floor; it provides a setting that offers its guests plenty of sophistication and an important sense of exclusivity, with a cocktail list of popular classics and exciting modern alternatives and a wide range of canape’s inspired by Far Eastern cuisine.
Reviewed 7 January 2012

This is an upscale swanky lil club in Mayfair central London. Me and my fiancee were on the guest lost and arrived around 1100 and there was no line. And went right in. 20 pounds for men, free for ladies before 11. Some of the bartenders were rude. One was very nice so unstuck with him the whole night, lots of beautiful people. The line gets very long after 11. Friday night is the time to go. Music is half mash ups and half hip hop. Good mix. Enjoy

Reviewed 9 December 2011

I booked an area for me and 8 firends and was told there was a minimum spend but we would not have to queue at the door. When I booked they took my credit card details - I have booked areas in clubs before so this was no surprise. However, when we got there the bouncers were extremely - and I mean extremely - rude and told us we had to queue despite our names being down on their "list". When we got inside they demanded £500 plus £75 service charge upfront before we had even had a chance to take our coats off, let alone order a drink - which took half an hour to arrive! I have never been anywhere which demands service upfront. I have more examples of poor treatment whilst we were there but I think I've made my point. I am not the type to write a review so I think that shows how upset I was at how we were treated!

1  Thank Deborah Y
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I booked a VIP table for my 30th birthday wih 11 friends through somebody called Vincent and Circle Promotions. I was informed that for £50 each (£600 overall) we would get 2 or 3 bottles of spirits with free mixers and this would last us the night unless we were heavy drinkers!
Initially I was worried as all the reviews were saying people were being turned away.
We got in no problem, however the bouncers were pretty rude.
When we arrived at the table it was so small all 11 of us could not sit down at once! Then I was informed that the £60 deposit I had paid to Vincent had nothing to do with them plus there was a service charge!!!!! So before we had even had a drink we had to pay an extra £150!
When the waitress brought over the drinks menu the cheapest bottle of vodka was £550 which is an absolute joke. You got 16 free bottles of mixers not free all night as I had been told. The waitress poured 1 drink and that was it and charged £90 for the pleasure!
Basically for £750 we got 1 BOTTLE OF VODKA!!
The place is nothing special either, they don't even have seats on the toilets!
At the end of the night the bouncers were extremely rude and even told one of my friends that she didn't need to drink any more because she had obviously had enough!!
Overall a complete let down and I really should of listened to reviews that I had read. I'm sure that are much nicer and friendlier places to spend your money.
DO NOT GO TO FUNKY BUDDHA!!!!

Reviewed 30 October 2011

This is the first time I've ever come across a club who hasnt let me in. This must be the most shallow club in london because ny experience with this place was absolutley disgusting for a multicultural and 'welcoming' city.

A group of six of us, including a birthday girl who booked us on a guest list the night before and who also confirmed this the morning after, were rejected and hurried along very rudely after queuing for at least 15 minutes. We had had an awful night of trying to find the place ( cab drivers taking us in the wrong direction) we finally got there at about 10 past 10 and there was quite a long que, we got to the front of the que at about 10.25/10.30 and explained we were on the guest list to a guy with a clipboard, one guy had already started looking at my ID but the clipboard guy told my friend who booked us in that they were not 'taking anymore guestlist' (shouting) and that the place was packed, so we asked how they were still letting others in and would we be able to pay to get in? They said no these are only members and VIP's. Unfortunately we already clocked on to the real reason we were rudely pushed aside without them even looking up our names; we wern't rich or snobbish looking enough, or wern't the right races, or maybe even both. ( we had one friend with us who had a halloween mask but one of the bouncers had one too so this shouldn't have been the reason ). We found this disgustingly rude and my friend who's birthday it was, was very upset whilst trying to talk to the manager of the club on the phone who she booked with, he confirmed we had booked but said he 'couldn't control the doormen' and would call them and call us back, needless to say we were given a lame excuse when he called back, and we had to leave.

Two of our group members tried to persuade the doormen to let us in but they wern't having any of it. This club makes you feel very unwelcome and you only have to look at the people they let in (only let in people who look very similar and dressed similarly) to know that they are being rude, racist and have a really snobbish attitude. How can a club even have a policy that's so narrow minded!? This should be illegal. They make up stupid excuses so they can keep up a reputation for their club. All my thoughts about them being judgemental were confirmed reading all the other reviews.

If you aren't a rich daddy's girl, or live up to their standard of who they should let in then don't bother coming here. Infact avoid it like the plague. This place should be shut down. I'm glad we wern't let in anyway as I can see from other reviews that the service inside is also appalling and the music is bad too.

See for yourself if you dare but be prepared to be humiliated.

3  Thank Fwoi
Reviewed 15 September 2011

My Friend and myself were doing a reunion and decided to go to Funky Bhddha and even we were on their guest list as I arranged this weeks ago the chap with clipboard having guest list looked at our names but wouldnt let us go in straight away and asked us to step a side and then looked at the bouncers or kept us waiting and then allowed us in and then passing these useless 5 people of staff at door we were checked by security guards it didnt take me long to get in but they kept on rubbing my friends legs and pockets and it took about 5 minutes for him to get in while I at cashier said the Japanese girl my friend is paying for me and she started speaking so loud "that guy is paying for you is he paying for you" so my friend paid £40 for us £20 each,and she repeated few times anyway we already started feeling so uncomfortable and then we went downstairs and had 2 cocktails £35 while we had to stand as every table seems to be reserved then we try to go to another room and the chap at the door of that room put his hand infront of us so not a polite way of stopping some one, he said this area is for VIP's only , we felt again so uncomfortable that I just felt rotten and we both decided just to leave even without finishing our drinks, so all in all very very poor service from the chap who had guest lists to bouncers to the cashier girl and the staff downstairs, It was Friday so we had such a bad start of our weekend, I go to good restaurants and hotels where I spend a lot of money so dont need to go to places like this where there is no class of people or the staff seems not to care for anything, please do not go there.....

5  Thank Simon P