Review of Funky Buddha Club

Funky Buddha Club
Ranked #1,013 of 1,307 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Between the Victorian elegance of Berkley Square and the Imperial magnificence of Piccadilly, Oozing with Eastern decadence and oriental opulence funkybuddha is a distinctive and well established nightclub since 2001 located in the heart of Mayfair, one of the most prestigious areas of London. With an immersive interior design blending a modern cutting edge aesthetic with the mystical orient whilst pulling together an interesting mix of surrealism and luxury. funkybuddha impresses with the beaming neon lights of the dance floors, giant Buddha statues and multi colored waterfalls. The nightclub consists of a sensitive and imaginative arrangement of member’s areas, private rooms, and the main dance floor; it provides a setting that offers its guests plenty of sophistication and an important sense of exclusivity, with a cocktail list of popular classics and exciting modern alternatives and a wide range of canape’s inspired by Far Eastern cuisine.
Reviewed 23 January 2013

So i went to funkybudda for my birthday a week ago. although the music was good i was deeply dispointed with the service, the prices for drinks were wayyy over priced. they ranged from £6000 to £5 and those that were five pounds were the soft drinks. i would say unless you have some serious cash dont go its not worth it and even if you do note you will be charged 15% extra for using debit/credit cards in the club. Which is silly because noone should be carrying hundreds and hundreds pounds in their pocket. Too top all of it off their racist i walked passed the bouncers and i heared one of them say "you dont allow any blackboys in" .
clubbing is good experince but you shouldnt be left bankrupt.. and by God its possible if you come here on a nite out!

2  Thank elizabeth f

Reviewed 11 November 2012

Came to this club as was staying in Mayfair. For men with more money than sense wanting to find women to take home, door staff are very rude but bar staff friendly and chatted for ages, had a good night as was with a good group of people. Would come here again but not a good crowd. Very up themselves spending their parents money

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Stunning decor and had a great night out with the office lot!

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Went here for our anniversary last Thurs in which my hubby bought an expensive vip package which included a very large expensive bottle of Grey Goose. It had only been half an hour and my husband had gone out for a fag only to be told he can't come back in. We had barely touched our drink and requested if we can take it home with us seeing as we had spent so much money. We were advised we were not allowed but the waitress checked with a manager and they had advised we will be able to redeem this package again in a months time. The next day i emailed my concern about not being able to take our large bottle home etc in which the response was due to licensing and being advised by police which is fair enough. So i asked if they can confirm if we can still redeem our package within a month like the lady advised and whether details were passed on. Still awaiting a response? We ended up here on impulse last Thursday and i am disappointed to have wasted my money and come here to celebrate my anniversary. You would've thought management would be more understanding but they are not and have ignored my email. Quick to take money. Anyone thinking to book any packages think again!!

3  Thank baljitk
See more reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I came here for the first time for a friend's birthday. She invited around 15 people and got a special offer, because she knew someone who worked there. We practically didn't have to spend a huge amount for the table and drinks, so that was a good start.

Now the night begins *drum rolls* and the party hasn't started yet! My boyfriend and I came in super early and then everyone joined in, but obviously some people pushed in the crowd to get to their friends, which the dumb bouncers ignored. The club didn't open till' 10.45 and the free entry would've ended before 11, so they cheekily made us wait forever in line and let the pushers give priority first cos' they were in front and then we resulted having to pay £20 each, which was an obvious scheme to start off! Even when we were on the guest list, they will make some sort of excuse to stop you from getting in and don't believe the promises saying you will get free entry even if your on the guest list!
When we finally came in, we were shown to our table and it was the tinist seating area we've come across in any club. It wasn't round shaped so we couldn't seat together, it was basically a waiting line. The drinks were also limited, but I guess okay as in the end we did get a good service. Although I still can't imagine people paying £1000 for the table, having not much room to move around and the seats weren't that comfortable. The big bottle of vodka probably would've been £500 say the least.

Now this was the WORST part!! I came outside checking on my friends, just casually talking to them for a little while! As my boyfriend and I decided to go back I was rudely asked to step aside, because he said I was drunk. Okay, first of all WHO are they to say that without checking that I was! I've only had 2 drinks throughout the night and I know that won't result me looking funny and it's strange all the people they've rejected were all women. Somehow they have this funny sense that they can tell a person when their drunk. I don't know what kinda training they've took, but obviously it was pathetic thinking they had all this power! Disgusting behaviour they all had. The only time I could go in again was to be quiet, but obviously my boyfriend and I did have a row at them. It took us almost 20min to get back inside having to apologise to my boyfriend for the useless wait.

Throughout the time the night was nice and enjoyable, the DJ played good music (hip hop & rnb), but I'll never come back with those nasty bouncers. I still don't understand why they need 7 of them outside, when there's hardly some inside. The entry was a swindle, the table/seating area was so small and the room itself, the drinks were good as they were in offer, but nothing was worse then get treated like mud. I don't understand the hype with funkybuddha, I was really excited at first. Thank god I've experienced it rather then waiting, seeing it was just terrible.

3  Thank PandaCat07