“Really really bad”
Review of Funky Buddha Club

Funky Buddha Club
Ranked #780 of 1,288 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Between the Victorian elegance of Berkley Square and the Imperial magnificence of Piccadilly, Oozing with Eastern decadence and oriental opulence funkybuddha is a distinctive and well established nightclub since 2001 located in the heart of Mayfair, one of the most prestigious areas of London. With an immersive interior design blending a modern cutting edge aesthetic with the mystical orient whilst pulling together an interesting mix of surrealism and luxury. funkybuddha impresses with the beaming neon lights of the dance floors, giant Buddha statues and multi colored waterfalls. The nightclub consists of a sensitive and imaginative arrangement of member’s areas, private rooms, and the main dance floor; it provides a setting that offers its guests plenty of sophistication and an important sense of exclusivity, with a cocktail list of popular classics and exciting modern alternatives and a wide range of canape’s inspired by Far Eastern cuisine.
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I last visited Funky Buddah back in 2007 where my friends and I had a fantastic time.......however....

Fast forward to 2013 and the club is no different to the clubs located in and around Leicester square. Most of the crowd were let in regardless of dress code and found that many were tourists or students wanting a cheap night out.

To make the evening even more annoying was the DJ. Funky Buddah management advertised that there will be a GLAM event on Saturday night however, the DJ was more like a 16 year old with an iPod shuffle.... you get the picture.

Needless to say me and my wife left about an hour later and settled in another club with an actual DJ!

Shame as the location and venue are fantastic. Management take not on your door policy and resident DJ :)

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I honestly had one of the best nights out of my life at Funky Buddha. The first time I went on Saturday, we had free guest list and waited about 5minutes in line.. definitely doable! We were treated extremely well, had our pictures taken, met some amazing people and even had a few celebrity sightings and meetings! If you take advantage of their bottle service or VIP tables, you are served a flaming bottle of Grey Goose! Definitely something I've never seen before!The second time I went on a Tuesday. I knew to arrive early as the first 80 girls got in free and had free drinks until 11:30. It wasn't as busy on a Tuesday but the crowd was great! The bartenders and promoters were extremely friendly as well! I definitely plan to visit again when I'm in London again.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Funky is a crazy place! Bouncers are too serious, I didnt like that but, I guess, in most London clubs the same situation. Anyway we were in a guest list and went there for free( that was cool!) http://www.luxguestlist.com/en/clubs/funky-buddha-london/guest_lists - this list I found. Music mainly was RnB - I like it. Drinks I would say pricey, but whatever, I was ready ( always pricey in nightclubs). Crowd was good looking. I would return there sometime!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

When i first heard about Funky Buddha I imagined it to be a really posh and swanky club. How wrong was I????? Its a dingy little bar. Bouncers are rude. Its the sort of bar you would expect to get your drinks spiked!!

3  Thank Amy_Lou1988
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Went last night, four of us, told at the door that there was places to sit once downstairs.. twenty pound each to get in and then you were roped into the dance floor with no where else to go, expect the toilet and all the seats were empty but not to be used. Bouncers unfriendly, put my drink on top of the ledge to get something out my bag and the bouncer just pointed his foot to move it, then put my bag down again in nobodys way as it was pretty empty and he told me to pick it up, but didn't speak just pointed at bag and shook his finger. I went with my daughter and her friend and mum, we had been to dinner and the girls thought it would be fun to show us a club, so I am a respectable, not old, but more mature lady and not used to being treated like cattle roped on the dance floor to make the dance floor and club look busy on a Thursday night especially when £140 pound was spent on 45 min stay. Some might say what was I thinking, leave the clubbing to the daughter, it was just a bit of fun to finish what had been a lovely evening but actually I won't ever go again I prefer a place where I am treated with the respect I deserve. Bouncers need to learn some manners.

4  Thank Tracie M