“Assaulted by a member of staff (co-owner). Never again.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Funky Buddha Club

Funky Buddha Club
Ranked #552 of 1,277 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Between the Victorian elegance of Berkley Square and the Imperial magnificence of Piccadilly, Oozing with Eastern decadence and oriental opulence funkybuddha is a distinctive and well established nightclub since 2001 located in the heart of Mayfair, one of the most prestigious areas of London. With an immersive interior design blending a modern cutting edge aesthetic with the mystical orient whilst pulling together an interesting mix of surrealism and luxury. funkybuddha impresses with the beaming neon lights of the dance floors, giant Buddha statues and multi colored waterfalls. The nightclub consists of a sensitive and imaginative arrangement of member’s areas, private rooms, and the main dance floor; it provides a setting that offers its guests plenty of sophistication and an important sense of exclusivity, with a cocktail list of popular classics and exciting modern alternatives and a wide range of canape’s inspired by Far Eastern cuisine.
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Assaulted by a member of staff (co-owner). Never again.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Went tonight for a friend's birthday. A member of staff pushed me and tried to hit me because i didn't move out of her way fast enough. When I defended myself, I was asked to leave . I'm completely disgusted with this over-priced, over-rated club. Even the security guard acknowledged it was her fault and believes her to be racist but he couldn't do anything about it as the head bouncer (who didn't know what happened) told me all I could donis call the police or make a complaint but not come back in. I can only speak from my own experience but if business owners think that it is alright to assault patrons, then they clearly don't value your business. Go elsewhere, I definitely will. If I could give a negative rating, I would. A disgraceful establishment.

4 Thank AnyaCJ

Watford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Nothing Funky about this place!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Greeted by a woman who thinks shes just won Britain's Next Top Model when really she wouldn't look out of place waiting for a bus in the rain. Then got charged £20 on the door, then was amazed to find the shots were £10 each! Was I doing a shot of Jesus' blood? The club is small and full of wannabees. Stay clear of the place.

6 Thank Addy0211
Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Very tight club, nothing exclusive here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

I went to Funky Buddha last Friday, didn't have a good experience. The club is tight, lacks space, the ceiling is low. At the end of the night, I got all sorts of drinks poured on my shoe. Also got a lot of elbows.

I got invited to this club saying it was an 'exclusive' place. Nothing exclusive there. Very disappointed!!!

1 Thank Iamnotfussy
Whitby, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Awesome night out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

Funky Buddha wasn't planned, but we ended up there and it turned out a fantastic night, we had a table with a lot of friends, ordered all the drinks and cocktails, you couldn't fault the music ! It was mostly flash backs and new ones, dress up and get yourself there, cool photographer comes around also smoking shots, which was great, get yourself there!

Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Really really bad”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I last visited Funky Buddah back in 2007 where my friends and I had a fantastic time.......however....

Fast forward to 2013 and the club is no different to the clubs located in and around Leicester square. Most of the crowd were let in regardless of dress code and found that many were tourists or students wanting a cheap night out.

To make the evening even more annoying was the DJ. Funky Buddah management advertised that there will be a GLAM event on Saturday night however, the DJ was more like a 16 year old with an iPod shuffle.... you get the picture.

Needless to say me and my wife left about an hour later and settled in another club with an actual DJ!

Shame as the location and venue are fantastic. Management take not on your door policy and resident DJ :)

Visited October 2013