“Not the best, little trashy, the company made it the night it was”
Review of Funky Buddha Club

Funky Buddha Club
Ranked #1,013 of 1,305 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Between the Victorian elegance of Berkley Square and the Imperial magnificence of Piccadilly, Oozing with Eastern decadence and oriental opulence funkybuddha is a distinctive and well established nightclub since 2001 located in the heart of Mayfair, one of the most prestigious areas of London. With an immersive interior design blending a modern cutting edge aesthetic with the mystical orient whilst pulling together an interesting mix of surrealism and luxury. funkybuddha impresses with the beaming neon lights of the dance floors, giant Buddha statues and multi colored waterfalls. The nightclub consists of a sensitive and imaginative arrangement of member’s areas, private rooms, and the main dance floor; it provides a setting that offers its guests plenty of sophistication and an important sense of exclusivity, with a cocktail list of popular classics and exciting modern alternatives and a wide range of canape’s inspired by Far Eastern cuisine.
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We got to the club a little early so there were not many people which we expected around 11pm.
I received a free entry and my partner paid around £20.

The club downstairs was filled with booths so if you did not have a booth there was no bar stools or anywhere to sit which was disappointing. The drinks were around £17 for a double vodka mixer which I believe is the norm for mayfair but for the venue it was I did feel a little ripped off.

I have heard it was once an exclusive night to go out but by the looks of it that reputation has faded, it was a Saturday night and it wasn't busy enough to even open the second room they had.

The music was good but there was just something missing about this venue it just didn't attract the best crowd.

Over all, I would not go back but its each to their own..

2  Thank m0gli

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This review might not stop anyone from going but if you like £11 for one shot, a tiny dance floor, stuck up people, old men and awful woman beating bouncers then this is the place to go for you! Paid for a table was well and good but not worth the priced paid. Dancing and having a good time I accidently bumped into a bouncer by bumping into him being an accident I carried on, Then Amy (my friend) accidently did it, the bouncer then grabbed her arm and shouted "If you ever do that again, I will chuck you out" The VIP table was in such a tiny space that we then began to worry so stayed away from him. My friends boyfriend who was celebrating his 21st then got chucked and beaten up! Amy followed him to then get pushed, punched in the back and shouted at by a male bouncer! Disgusting and I wont ever go back.

4  Thank 603Bethany123
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I was taken here as a surprise celebration so I never read any reviews before visiting. I must admit I was disappointed because when we arrived I just expected more somehow. We were not subject to any rudeness from security they were actually very pleasant. The VIP section was ok but we were the only table and surrounded by security it feels a bit weird. The waitress was nice enough as well as the brazillian guy that was working there so I cannot fault that either. I think the music was a bit to heavy in fact much heavier rap than we anticipated and quite cut as soon as a good song that one could dance to came on. The club also seems to cater to a much younger age group. We left early with the excuse of me being ill as the music was actually that heavy it was causing my head to pound. If you are in the twenties age group and into heavy rap then this is probably your thing. For us we just hated the music and hoped it would get better but it got worse. The security are also a bit overwhelming to be honest if they were less obvious it may make it nicer the one walking up and down the VIP area looked really strange as it was only our table there but other than that after reading other reviews we were treated quite nicely. I wouldn't be back as it's just not suited to me

1  Thank Globetrotter201026
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I've been to Funky Buddha many many times. Even if your in a big group or it's just the two of you, it's always assured you will have a good time. The music is on point, up to date and mixed with some classics that always gets the crowd going. When you become a regular they make an effort to remember you and treat you with respect and want you to have the best time, unlike many other west end clubs I've been to where theyr too unprofessional to remember that they've met you before.

As for the rest of the staff, they are gorgeous inside and out. Many people complain that the bouncers and security are too serious but if you think about it, that's their job and it only makes me feel safer while I'm knocking back the many selections of yummy shots they offer.

2  Thank VictoriaCoatesNoot