“Very Unique Spa Experience”
Review of Chuan Spa

Chuan Spa
Ranked #36 of 345 Spas & Wellness in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Offering a tranquil haven in the heart of London, Chuan Spa is London’s first hotel spa to incorporate ancient principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) into its signature treatments, ambience and décor. Guests can relax in the vitality pool, salt-sauna and steam room before visiting the spa treatment area.
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Unique Spa Experience”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

As a frequent patron of Luxury Spas I was pleasently impressed with Chuan Spa. The quality of the treatments, with their TCM point of difference, was exceptional. I also particulalry enjoyed the calming oriental style decor.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Paul W

London, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I had a very disappoiting experience of membership at the Chuan Spa earlier in the year, I had decided just to forget about it but I saw that they were advertising for membership recently so thought I should share my experience for any prospective members. I work very near to this spa and joined this summer, having asked a lot about the access of guests and children to the facilities as this was a concern for me. The very first ocassion there was an issue with four unaccompanied children being in the pool area whilst I was there on my own - outside of the hours permitted. There was another issue with children on the jacuzzi outside of the permitted hours on the second ocassion. I then contacted the manager to say that I understood their constraints but it wasn't really the experience I was paying for and was persuaded to keep my membership and reassured the issue was being addressed. The next visit was fine but then there was a reoccurence on the fourth visit and on the fifth I decided to cancel my membership. this was within a month of starting. Whilst I understood the issue of servicing the hotels guests - some of whom clearly had more money than manners and different cultural values, the way that the management handled the cancelation was truely shabby. Despite being led to understand by omission that there would be no issue with providing a full refund - when it came to it they tried to deduct all the day I had been a member, despite the overall poor experience I had had. I did eventually get all my money back but this was after repeated emails and even having to go and wait outside the changing rooms for the Manager. I have subsequently joined another spa with gym facilitaties in a hotel and it is a world away from the experience I had at the Chuan - better and infinitely more beautiful facitilites, really professional staff and management, added extras and the ability to meet the basic comitments of the membership contract. My advice - look elsewhere.

4 Thank LK490
langham08, Manager at Chuan Spa, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear KasH490,

We sincerely apologise for your Chuan Health Club experience being ruined by children using the pool outside of their set hours. We do enforce the child swimming times and are therefore sorry we let you down.

So please to hear you have found an alternative solution.

Kind regards
Chuan Health Club
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great treatments, not-so-great public areas”
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Visited the spa for their Body Elements package with my partner. We arrived early, as invited, to use the full spa facilities. Although it looks great at a glance, some of the special touches were lacking. The mens' locker room needed a clean-up; there were discarded towels in the hot tub area; and the shared areas lacked a sense of "serenity" that you would hope for. In particular, the Relaxation Area upstairs was not at all relaxing. It is right in the middle of the spa and you can hear people coming in from the street to make bookings or ask questions; and a lot of people staying at the hotel just wandered through as well. It's a really disappointing aspect because, when it comes to the actual spa treatments, Chuan is great.
Our therapists were excellent - very down to earth, friendly and eager to put us at ease. They gave us a fantastic massage in a beautiful treatment room which was - unlike the rest of the spa - very peaceful! The Thalgo facial was the high point. Really, really energising. I will definitely return but don't expect it to be quite the haven of calm that it claims to be.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Snowster007
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Relaxed”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Just can't get enough!! I really do love this spa. The staff are all so friendly and I always walk out feeling relaxed and refreshed, and ready for getting back into the city life. I always have a massage and relax in the vitality pool and steam rooms. Gosia is a true asset to the team. She gives the best massage. I'll shall be booking again. Thank you ladies.

London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Easily worst pedicure i ever had”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Went here as part of day out with friends. Had booked pedicure. Staff clueless. Cut nails really far back. Cut my skin on my toe. Buffed the skin on my toes instead of nails. Nails werent even cut straight. Paid 54 pounds for a half hour treatment which will need to be redone before i can show my feet again. Worried that cuticles damaged as randomly cut on some toenails and not others. Very high prices for such poor quality service by untrained staff.

3 Thank LondonRolf
langham08, Manager at Chuan Spa, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear LondonRolf,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. We are very disappointment to hear that you were not pleased with your pedicure and are investigating the issue.

If you would like to discuss these matters further please do not hesitate in contacting me on 0207 973 7598.

Kind Regards