“Disorganised and disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Chuan Spa

Chuan Spa
Ranked #36 of 321 Spas & Wellness in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Offering a tranquil haven in the heart of London, Chuan Spa is London’s first hotel spa to incorporate ancient principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) into its signature treatments, ambience and décor. Guests can relax in the vitality pool, salt-sauna and steam room before visiting the spa treatment area.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Disorganised and disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Once you actually get a treatment it is what you would expect for the price, but the booking system is so bad and the desk staff so hopeless you need another two hours massage just to get over the stress of dealing with it. On both occasions that I have booked treatments with the Chuan Spa I have booked in advance and in person at the hotel, and both times there has been a failure to record the booking correctly. So after a couple of weeks looking forward to a treat what you generally get is a very disappointing let down and no apology. For a business charging these rates it is totally unacceptable.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Oliver D
langham08, Manager at Chuan Spa, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Oliver D,

Thank you so very much for taking your valuable time to provide feedback on your recent visit to Chuan Spa.

I was sorry to note your comments regarding your booking experience. Please accept my apologies for this shortfall.

We are investigating the comments that you have raised and will be in contact with you .

Kind regards

Erinn Cracknell

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic Spa Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

My best friend booked this spa day for me and her as a little treat to ourselves after all the christmas stress.

Upon arrival the greeting was very friendly and a lovely lady showed us to the changing rooms, where our very comfortable robes and slippers were also kept. The slippers were large but thats not a problem because I have small feet!

The changing rooms were stunning, and the showers were beautiful. Everything was very clean, and we already felt relaxed.

The relaxation area was nice, however the chairs aren't the comfiest.
The treatment rooms are lovely, and our therapist called Stephanie was fantastic. She was very caring, and our massages were so relaxing. After our treatments we were brought complimentary tea and fruit which was a really nice touch.

The spa facilities are also fantastic the saunas, steam room and vitality pool are just perfect.

We would definitely return to this spa and we believe great value for money.

Visited January 2014
York, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Relaxing spa experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

My friend booked us in for a special offer called the twilight twinkle. This included a body salt scrub, and neck , shoulder and back massage, and a facial. Our therapists were friendly , knowledgeable and talked us through all the treatments. The treatments were tailored to our needs, and wishes accordingly. On arrival we were greeted with a friendly face, taken to the changing room, and offered robes, slippers and disposable underwear for the treatments. The treatments rooms were warm , and had soft lighting to give a relaxing and calm ambience. Throughout the treatments warm towels were placed over you , or rests placed under your head, or knees.
We both agreed that the massage was great and if you wanted a deeper one you got it. They worked on specific areas.
After the treatment we were taken back to the relaxation area, where we could listen to music on head phones and were given complimentary tea and fruit. Altogether just the kind of first class spa experience one would wish for. The treatments are not cheap, but what we experienced so was lovely , it was well worth the price. Would definitely return again.
The spa has lovely pool, jacuzzi , and salt sauna and steam room.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“1 hour massage not 1 hour!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

I wanted to like this spa but I left feeling severely shortchanged. Just to clarify, this review does not reflect our feelings towards the staff or therapists who were lovely, skilled, kind and helpful. My beef is rather with the overall system of how the massages seem to work.

My boyfriend and I were booked in for a 1 hour massage. The quality of the massages were good. However, it seemed the timer started exactly at the appointment time which isnt necessarily when your therapists start the treatment. I was very surprised when the treatment ended as I have received full hour massages before and this was definitely not one hour. Initially I thought it was all in my head...but after I exited the spa I realized the time on my clock did not make any sense if we had received a full hour of actual massage. It was more like 30 to 40 minutes! When I got back to my hotel room, my boyfriend mentioned the massage in no way could have been an hour. It was then I realized that we might have been shortchanged.

For 300 a couple, I think that the client deserves to have the timer start directly at the beginning of the massage. A one hour massage, should mean one hour, not one hour including everything else. I think the establishment should keep into consideration that many people are splashing out for these treatments and should be given what they are paying for. It is horrible feeling like you just paid double!

1 Thank Cor112013
langham08, Manager at Chuan Spa, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear Cor112013,

Many thanks for taking the time to review Chuan Spa. I am delighted you found our staff skilled and helpful and that you enjoyed your massage.

I have double checked and I confirm that your massage was a full hour, I am sorry you felt it was shorter. I do hope we can welcome you both back to Chuan Spa in the near future.

Kind regards

Erinn Cracknell
Director of Spa
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Unique Spa Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

As a frequent patron of Luxury Spas I was pleasently impressed with Chuan Spa. The quality of the treatments, with their TCM point of difference, was exceptional. I also particulalry enjoyed the calming oriental style decor.

1 Thank Paul W