“Not good”

Price range: US$4 - US$8
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Bad, unfriendly staff, way over-priced, and average coffee. If you want a nice lunch in town, I would avoid Carmina Cafe.

5  Thank Gav M

Reviewed 5 November 2013

As grim an experience as you can have in London ; cold and unfriendly staff, terminally bored, unhelpful, and treated us - the only two people in the place - like something scraped off the bottom of his shoe. No wonder it was empty.

6  Thank stanman16
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I wish there was a rating which said good as 4 is very good and 3 is average. This place is just good. Staff were very friendly and the food was very tasty - appeared to be only suitable for a light bite or snack but all tasted very fresh and made to order directly behind the counter so you can see it being made! Espresso quality (which is always a good judge of I place i find!) was good. We had a discount voucher which helped with our opinion of this place based on price but even so I would certainly recommend if you see something on the menu you like.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

I am a frequent visitor of Carmina and Lancelot cafe and should say that I always was very pleased - fantastic atmosphere, delicious and always fresh food. Even without special offers it is very affordable place for any pocket. Good café for a lunch with friends, coffee break after shopping at Oxford or Marylebone streets or relaxing of wine in an evening. My favourites are mushroom risotto and carrot cake, which I definitely recommend to try. I am upset about unpleasant reviews regarding such a lovely place; and I should say that it is unfair to judge a place which you visited just once with some voucher and that voucher didn’t face your expectations.
Svetlana

1  Thank Svetlana R
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We tried to sign up for Travelzoo champagne afternoon tea voucher, but left it too late. We rang Camina and Lancelot and were told that they would still give us the Travelzoo offer, so we booked a table. When we arrived they would not honour the offer, we therefore took the 'buy-one-get one half price' offer on cream teas. Even with the offer, it was not cheap and arguably not exactly value for money. Whilst the scones were good, the cream and jam were less than plentiful. We witnessed couples having discussions with the management over the terms of the Travelzoo offer, and having seen the quality of the food, both being prepared and coming to adjacent tables, I would fully support the views expressed in the previous 'tea time' reviews. We left extremely disappointed and feeling somewhat ripped off.

3  Thank 1Dultimate