“Awful experience unacceptable customer service”
Review of Carmina Cafe - CLOSED

Carmina Cafe
Price range: US$4 - US$8
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I visited this restaurant with friends and their child who had travelled from America to meet up with us for a weekend in london also grandparents from Newcastle. The manager was the most rudest individual I have ever experienced in a restaurant he clearly did not want customers and could barely look at us or interact with us as customers .... He was heard by my friends swearing profusely about us we decided to go to the steak restaurant next door which was fantastic. We are all well travelled and I must say that this manager although not british was an absolute embarrassment to the restaurant industry ... We didn't even get as far as sitting down.. Shame on you

8  Thank patricia1416
There are newer reviews for Carmina Cafe

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Bad, unfriendly staff, way over-priced, and average coffee. If you want a nice lunch in town, I would avoid Carmina Cafe.

5  Thank Gav M
Reviewed 5 November 2013

As grim an experience as you can have in London ; cold and unfriendly staff, terminally bored, unhelpful, and treated us - the only two people in the place - like something scraped off the bottom of his shoe. No wonder it was empty.

6  Thank stanman16
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I wish there was a rating which said good as 4 is very good and 3 is average. This place is just good. Staff were very friendly and the food was very tasty - appeared to be only suitable for a light bite or snack but all tasted very fresh and made to order directly behind the counter so you can see it being made! Espresso quality (which is always a good judge of I place i find!) was good. We had a discount voucher which helped with our opinion of this place based on price but even so I would certainly recommend if you see something on the menu you like.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

I am a frequent visitor of Carmina and Lancelot cafe and should say that I always was very pleased - fantastic atmosphere, delicious and always fresh food. Even without special offers it is very affordable place for any pocket. Good café for a lunch with friends, coffee break after shopping at Oxford or Marylebone streets or relaxing of wine in an evening. My favourites are mushroom risotto and carrot cake, which I definitely recommend to try. I am upset about unpleasant reviews regarding such a lovely place; and I should say that it is unfair to judge a place which you visited just once with some voucher and that voucher didn’t face your expectations.
Svetlana