“Perfect for brunch!”

Price range: US$4 - US$8
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Sunday morning and raining... I had previously checked their web (it was close to our hotel) and .. we found it. Large wooden table for us and start feeling.. at home. Wonderful atmosphere, the waiter was really cool and helpful. We enjoyed a 2-hours typical brunch with nice food. Around 16€ per person. Whatelse.. ? George Clooney there and it would have been 100% perfect! :)

1  Thank AidaAP75

Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

I took my friend here for lunch as we wanted somewhere close and reasonable price which it was with the TASTE card, 2-4-1,
The moment we walk into the cafe we were greeted with a un-welcoming manner, no smile, just a soulless 'Welcome'. I reminded the 'manager' at the time I have a taste card and she replied 'and you must buy a drink with that' sharply...later on I mentioned to her it didn't say that on the website site and she snapped back 'Thats why I told you at the beginning', actually that isn't answering my question! Anyhow the food was basic, goats cheese panini with not much cheese, but my friend had the tricolor one which did taste very nice and had a good amount of mozzarella! The chef brought over our meals again without a smile and when I said 'Thank-you' she gave a mean smirk, really horrible, I wanted to ask for some sauce, but was too afraid! The cakes looked so good and they are homemade and we would of ordered two, but didn't firstly want to give them anymore cash for icy cold service and not that great of a panini. Don't expect an warm generous welcome from the two ladies that I had to unfortunately be served by!

5  Thank LA4ME
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I visited this restaurant with friends and their child who had travelled from America to meet up with us for a weekend in london also grandparents from Newcastle. The manager was the most rudest individual I have ever experienced in a restaurant he clearly did not want customers and could barely look at us or interact with us as customers .... He was heard by my friends swearing profusely about us we decided to go to the steak restaurant next door which was fantastic. We are all well travelled and I must say that this manager although not british was an absolute embarrassment to the restaurant industry ... We didn't even get as far as sitting down.. Shame on you

8  Thank patricia1416
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Bad, unfriendly staff, way over-priced, and average coffee. If you want a nice lunch in town, I would avoid Carmina Cafe.

5  Thank Gav M
Reviewed 5 November 2013

As grim an experience as you can have in London ; cold and unfriendly staff, terminally bored, unhelpful, and treated us - the only two people in the place - like something scraped off the bottom of his shoe. No wonder it was empty.

6  Thank stanman16