“Terrible spa at the hotel and completely overpriced!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Kalon Spa

Le Kalon Spa
Ranked #112 of 315 Spas & Wellness in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Le Kalon Spa is our oasis of serenity and rejuvenation within The Bentley London. Following the theme of the hotel, our Spa promotes relaxation and luxury. With its grand marble interior, intricately hand painted walls and soothing colour palette from when you enter the Spa, the experience begins. Choose from a selection of treatments including traditional and cutting edge therapy, all in the surroundings of our beautiful sanctuary.
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Terrible spa at the hotel and completely overpriced!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2011

After finding the Le Kalon Spa listed as one of the best spas in London (Times on line) I decided to treat my boyfriend to a treatment as well as indulging myself as well.

From the outset things went terribly - we were left waiting in the reception area of the hotel as we were a bit early for our appointment, but 5 minutes before our appointment time no one had come to direct us so we had to remind the staff that we were still waiting!

We were then lead though a series of grubby corridors and an elevator to the spa. The spa itself was very outdated; we were both made to change in the men’s facilities are they had another couple in the women’s area which was a bit strange; the changing area was freezing cold, grubby, dusty and we were provided with worn out dirty towels.

The massage room itself was less of a room and more of a corridor with one permanent massage bed and one temporary one which I took and every time any kind of pressure was applied it felt like the entire bed was going to collapse!

This wasn't the main issue though; the air-conditioning was so cold that I couldn't enjoy the treatment as all as I was tensed up by the sub-zero like temperature; when asked if the temperature could be turned up we were advised that the cooling system of the hamam could be overridden and that’s why it was so cold and that they had received similar comments about the cold temperatures (but have done nothing to rectify it!)

The quality of the massages were also terrible, the masseurs seemed inexperienced and had poor technique to the point of nails actually scratching during the massage!

In summary this is one of the worst spas I have been to - from customer service, levels of cleanliness, quality and value for money this place gets about the same sub zero rating as its temperature and I can't imagine the hotel itself is any better from the state of spa.

12 Thank Rambo1980