“I hate 'touristy' things, yet I might need to change my generalisation...”

Tally Ho! Cycle Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$33.03*
and up
London Landmarks, Historic Ale Pub and British Bicycles Bike Tour with a Local...
Ranked #7 of 189 Outdoor Activities in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: At Tally Ho! Cycle Tours we provide fun, small group, guided bike tours of London's iconic sights and hidden wonders. Saddle up for a bike ride with a quirky vintage twist, ride a handmade traditional English bicycle and follow your guide safely along cycle paths and back streets to discover London in a unique and entertaining way. Our bike tours are offered in English by locals with a passion for history, culture and cycling. French, Spanish, Italian and Mandarin language tours are available for private and group bookings. We offer bespoke private excursions for families, groups, hen parties, stag do's, corporate team building, student groups and individuals seeking support in taking up cycling in London. Looking to hire a retro / vintage bike in London? We have Pashley bicycles, restored mid-century classic bikes and retro tandems available for hire by the day or half day.
Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I hate 'touristy' things, yet I might need to change my generalisation...”
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Lovely tour on a Sunny (I know right?!) Monday morning. Since its not holidays anywhere right now, we had a private tour of the main sights in London without the stress of trying to overtake the masses of Japanese tourists for the best photo shots. Jack, the tour guide, was very friendly and was ok with a little deviation in his usual tour to go to Hyde Park.
Having crossed the fat tyre tour groups (tally ho's main competition) a few times, I was super happy with the tally ho choice, the old British, but SUPER comfy, bikes, the small groups, the relaxed approach was fab. Don't let the meeting location, or the 'office' put you off.
Overall, a great way to get to know London!

1 Thank Corine A

• Korean first
Porthleven, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The Best Time in London”
Reviewed 29 June 2012

My husband, Hugh, and I went on a city centre tour with Jack from Tally Ho and it was the highlight of our weekend break.
To start with, the bikes are fantastic, so English and so comfy and easy to ride. Jack took us to places I never knew existed and told us loads of interesting and quirky facts. Then finished it off with a pint in a real ale pub - perfect.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A tour to talk about!”
Reviewed 24 June 2012

The Tally Ho! tour was excellent and the adaptable informative approach by Jack was fantastic. The bicycles we used really were vintage but extremely comfortable and easy to use. The big noisy bell worked a treat for getting through the rabble :-) We learnt a lot of interesting facts and funny stories whilst visiting historic and modern landmarks. The route we took was safe and the availability to walk across busy junctions if necessary was well planned out. It is certainly something we won't forget and definately something we will be recommending to our friends and family. If you are looking for something to make your trip to London stand out then you have to take this tour!!!

1 Thank Rachael N
Saskatoon, Canada
“Highlight of my month in London”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Out of everything I did in my month touring around London, the bike tour to Greenwich was one of the highlights of my entire trip. Riding a bike through London is like you're sailing, with none of that plodding around the streets on a walking tour or suffering traffic on a bus. Jack is extremely knowledgable and knows quirky details about many locations; don't be afraid to ask him questions! He clearly loves the history of the town.

I've also done the Central London tour, and while I was a bit hesitant about the traffic, don't worry - it's quite easy.

Riding in style on a vintage style bike? It really is the way to see London. Highest recommendations.

Visited May 2012
Basingstoker
“New way of looking at london”
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We completed the tour on the 9th June, Jack was very charming and knowledgeable, we are very familiar with london but Jack was able to take us on routes which we had not traversed before and give us facts about London that we were not aware of. The bikes were very comfortable and the route took in lots of quiet areas so we felt safe. We have reccomended him to all of our friends as a fun way to see the sites of London which is also very good value for money.
Thank you Jack and we will see you in the autumn for a return visit on another tour.