“Bliss”
Review of The Dorchester Spa

The Dorchester Spa
Ranked #21 of 725 Spas & Wellness in London
More attraction details
Owner description: The Dorchester Spa brings an exclusive pampering destination to London. Exuding 1930s Art Deco glamour, combined with a contemporary edge, its design is inspired by the iconic British style of The Dorchester.
Reviewed 2 September 2012

My friend and I went for a treatment followed by champagne afternoon tea at the Spatisserie. It was absolute bliss. You can use the experience shower and relaxation room before your treatment and afterwards. My only quibble was there were only two main stream women's magazines - all the rest were hunting, shooting, or Country Life so a few Instyles, Vogues etc. would have been preferred. I also think it would be good to have a separate room for couples as I wasn't that keen sharing the room with couples smooching but it was a minor point. I had the spirula wrap which involved a scrub followed by the wrap, a scalp massage and then a body toning cream. My skin felt amazing afterwards. The rooms are really relaxing and the therapists are great. The champagne afternoon tea was delicious - the scones particularly are good but I wasn't such a fan of the pastries if I'm honest but you can choose which ones you like and you can sit in there in your robe which we did, feeling very indulgent. Service was excellent. Afterwards, there are hairdryers and straighteners - there is shower gel and shampoo/conditioner but it's not branded and seems to be the same as you'd get in a gym so for the price, I'd expect toiletries to be provided, hence not giving this an excellent rating. The whole atmosphere was lovely and decor done very well. Overall, a fantastic experience and highly recommended.

1  Thank Greekjoy
John S, Manager at The Dorchester Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Dear Greekjoy,
I am delighted to read how much you and your friend enjoyed champagne afternoon tea and treatments in the spa. I will share your comments with the team and I look forward to seeing you here again.
Kind regards, John Scanlon, Hotel Manager, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"techniques"
"session"

Reviewed 24 March 2012

We went for the day for a treatment and then spatisserie afternoon tea. Between us we had the mud wrap, facial and a massage and all treatments were amazing. Ended perfectly by afternoon tea. Service was exemplary.

1  Thank Nicola S

Dear nnwj,
I am delighted you enjoyed the afternoon tea in The Spatisserie and how much you enjoyed the mud wrap and facial. I will share your comments with the team and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 16 November 2011

I went with my sister for a post traumatic bonding session. We both had 2 treatements and visited the 'Spatisserie'. The surroundings are fabulous.and the staff courteous. The facila that I had was fantastic, people were commenting the next day and they did not know that I had gone. It really is very good. I wish that I could go again. Or more often as it is pricey. But, you get what you pay for?

1  Thank vijawo
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Upon arrival at the Spa, I was kindly greeted and led to the "Tea Room" where you'll be rendered speechless at how wonderfully decorated the whole place was. The decor was catered to a very girly girl taste but in a classy way. I was given a nice smoothie to drink which kicked start a healthy morning.

We were then given the tour of the place. The place itself is small. Do not expect a swimming pool or a large area of places to relax. It's nicely packaged with enough treatment rooms and it does have a steam room!

I had a yoga class there which was intimate in the sense that the room was small and there was three of us in total who were able to fit into it. The size didn't really bother me though as the quality of the yoga class was great!

The Carol Joy Facial did my skin wonders for a week or two. I asked a few questions from the therapist who was very helpful in ensuring that I'm looking after my skin right! It was such a nice experience.

The massage has melted the aches and pains from the world and has done me a world of good after that.

The relaxation room where everyone waits to be called for there treatment, was stunning and I ended up sleeping there straight after my massage and pedicure. Make sure you try their rose water.

The lunch was amazing and we were spoilt for choice on the salads and deserts.

It is worth going even for experience's sake. It was a little taste of respite and heaven from the hustle and bustle of London. Just what I needed....

1  Thank Babydoll_Nexa
See more reviews
Reviewed 18 April 2010

My friend and i had afternoon tea at the spatisserie while on a trip to london.
The Dorchester is a lovely hotel and the spa was stunning. the Spatisserie is beautiful, the lighting is soft and the atmosphere relaxed and intimate.
We had champagne afternoon tea and greatly enjoyed the sandwiches, pastries and champagne.
For the most part the service was excellent and they happily refilled our cake selection (even offering at time of service).
We sat for a long time enjoying the snacks and the atmosphere, however, we had a little trouble getting the bill and had to ask a number of times and wait approx 20 mins before it was presented. this wouldn't have been a problem but we had plans for the rest of the day and had to leave.
that was the only slight flaw in an excellent experience. i would highly recommend the spatisserie and will return if i have the opportunity.

2  Thank LDNETOMH