“Warm hospitality”
Review of The Corner House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Corner House
Ranked #292 of 572 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I spent four lovely days at "The Corner House".
I arrived late in the evening and Joanna gave me biscuits and fresh fruit, it made me feel at home straight away.
The room is cosy and comfortable, with a lovely view of the park and breakfast is delicious and very filling, I only needed a sandwich at lunchtime!

Joanna parla perfetto italiano e tutte le mattine a colazione mi ha fatto compagnia e mi ha dato tantissime informazioni su Greenwich e sulle attrazioni di Londra.
Quando sono andata via ha prenotato il taxi per me, assicurandosi che la tariffa fosse buona: é stata davvero gentilissima!

Se torno a Greenwich torneró senz'altro alla "Corner House"!

Emilia V.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 February 2012

I have stayed here on a number of occasions on business and find Joanna very welcoming and accommodating. House is centrally located in Greenwich and is walking distance to the train station and off course to the beautiful Greenwich Park. Breakfasts are amazing and the decor is something between vintage and chic. Would suit couples wanting to get away for a romantic weekend...

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Candice v
Reviewed 26 February 2012

A big thank you for all your hospitality. You extended me a very warm welcome and nothing seemed too much trouble - like the time Bill brought me breakfast in bed because i wasn't feeling well. I loved your well-appointed rooms and the fact that the corner house is in the centre of Greenwich. Obviously, you take great pride in your establishment and I really appreciated it. Like the famous general, I will return.
Dave Bradshaw,
Clitheroe

Room Tip: Go for the room opposite the huge bathroom.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank David B
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Stayed here for two nights just a couple of weeks ago and absolutely loved it, the location and the hospitality.
The decor of this bed and breakfast is stylish and chic, with very expensive travertine flooring which can adds lots of charachter to the room. To the less sofisticated eye the natural veins in the "marble" could look "shabby". We went on reccomandation from friends and the place was spotless and had a great will definately go back again!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2012

My wife and I stayed in November 2011 and liked it so much we returned for a mini break in January 2012. Rather like settling into a comfy pair of slippers the accommodation is cosy, warm and inviting. Breakfasts that burst my new year resolutions....lovely!
Joanna, the owner, is very knowledgeable regarding local sights and exhibitions, and nothing was too much trouble. The rooms are clean, comfortable and well appointed. The location is perfect, opposite Greenwich park, and a short stroll from the centre of Greenwich and the Maritime museum, River cruises can be made from the local pier, and there are many lovely restaurants in the area.
This is a definite "must stay" place for us, and we hope to be back to sample the delights in the summer..

Room Tip: All rooms that we have stayed in were comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 510Mike
Reviewed 29 January 2012

My partner and I have had the pleasure of staying at the Corner House now on two occasions. The property is perfectly located for exploring the beautiful surrounding area of Greenwich. We found our rooms extremely clean and well equipment - the antique furniture adding a special touch. The proprietor Joanna, was very welcoming, friendly and happy to suggest places of interest to visit during our stay. The breakfasts were cooked to perfection, hearty portions which kept us well fuelled during the day. The memory of our stay is at odds to the adverse comments made by 1 or 2 previous guests. I would thoroughly recommend this lovely, well positioned property, its a superb place to relax, within easy walking distance to Greenwich Park and many local restaurants where you can enjoy a lovely romantic meal. 10 out of 10 Joanna!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda B
Reviewed 12 December 2011

My wife and I stayed two nights in early December occupying the top floor en suite bedroom. The floor of the en suite was absolutely filthy. We had to cover it with towels to walk on it. No guest soap of any kind was provided. The water in the hot tap and shower ran either tepid and scalding by turns at an inconstant pressure. On exiting the shower cubicle, the door handle came away in my hand.

The room itself was inadequately heated although we did find an elecric heater to plug in which helped to certain extent. There were no shades on either bedside lamp. Neither were any tea of coffee making facilities provided inspite of this being offered on the web site.
We were not given a key to our room and returned on the second evening to find the door locked. It took the Propietor twenty minutes to locate a key to let us into the room.

As for breakfast, well I've eaten at "greasy spoons" with higher standards! All in all our stay was a dismal experience and certainly not worth the price of £85 per night. The Corner House failed to meet even to most minimal standards I would expect from a B&B.

Room Tip: Don't bother "good" rooms non-existant.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple