“Great stay”

Ranked #951 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Croy, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Thanks to all at Tophams hotel for a wonderful weekend
We had a lovely stay the staff and room were great
Breakfast was delicious
We William be back as soon as we can
The hotel is in a great location very Handy for Victoria

1 Thank Paul A
tophams186338, General Manager at The Tophams Hotel Belgravia, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you very much for positive review and we hope we can welcome you back soon.

Sean H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I was planning a tour around London with my husband and this is why I chose the Tophams Hotel. Such a lovely place! Staff is very polite, breakfast is more than what I expected, and the location is excellent as well. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rita N

Sean H
Middlesborough, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Nice friendly hotel, not sure what the other reviews were expecting, nice building, nice friendly people clean rooms , bit of paint needed but comfy and clean , very nice dining room and reception area.

Room Tip: Ask for main building room
1 Thank Autotune V
tophams186338, General Manager at The Tophams Hotel Belgravia, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the hotel.

We sincerely hope we can welcome you back to Tophams soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I needed a last minute hotel in London, I arrived about 9 so did not complain as i wanted to sleep. The staff were friendly on arrival. The light bulb was out outside my room and as it was down stairs it was quite dangerous. Two lights were out in the bathroom too. The hotel needs a major overhaul as it is run down. The floor was dirty. The grouting in the shower was old and the floor tiles were cracked.
The area is lovely and very handy for Victoria. The public areas are better kept. I did not have breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LouD46
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and we are very sorry you were so disappointed with your stay.

I am happy to advise you that as of the start of this week we are undergoing a major refurbishment programme throughout the hotel to ensure the rooms are once again of the highest standards.

We hope we will have an early opportunity to show you that things have improved.

Sean Harte

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I originally booked this hotel as a romantic getaway with my partner for her birthday and was looking forward to being pampered in a 4 star hotel.

Unfortunately the service provided is nowhere near as advertised and I would urge anyone to read this prior to booking with Tophams Hotel London.

Here's a list of issues of faults in our room / bathroom

* Extractor not working which makes the room very smelly.
* Bathroom taps leak over tiled floor making it very dangerous and slippy
* Flush on the toilet is hanging off. Although it works this isnt to be expected of a 4 star establishment
* Discolouration on ceiling where damp has leaked in.
* Bath has mould around sealant.
* Beds are very hard and quite small.

If you're thinking of booking breakfast then save your money!!! £6 for an instant coffee in the morning!

The bacon and tomatoes was burnt and inedible - the egg was dried up and inedible. Portions are very small and my vegitarian partner almost starved with only 3 teaspoons of baked beans and few slivers of mushroom.

We've actually had better at a youth hostel/ student lodgings at a fraction at the price!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and we are sorry you were so disappointed with your stay.

I would like to advise you that at the start of this week we have started a major refurbishment programme to address some of the issues you raised.

I have also brought you review to the attention of the Head Chef and your comments about breakfast have been taken on board so that we can ensure we do better.

I hope we will have an early opportunity to demonstrate to you that things have improved.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

£30 taken as a deposit for chargeable services. £4 for a can of pop which half of ones supplied were out of date! Mini bar was not used and we were told it would be back in the account within 2 days a week later we are still waiting. The ceiling in the bathroom was mouldy paint was peeling off the walls and the ceiling looked damp and as if it was about to collapse under its own weight. I would keep well away the rating given I would say are being over generous.

• Stayed January 2014

Desenzano Del Garda, Italy
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I was expecting a nice room at the Colonade, but they obviously overbook to send you to this absolutely terrible hotel. We had to sleep on the floor because the mattress was unsleepable and blood stained! Even the woman in charge admitted that she would not sleep on the bed when we called her up to the room! As we arrived in our room, I needed the bathroom but the toilet had obviously not been cleaned from the previous person as it had horrible stains on it. So I called the reception and asked for someone to come clean it. With a knock on the door a young lady arrives with no cleaning things to magically clean it. She simply took a dry piece of toilet paper and started spreading the pee stains that were still drops around the rim. As I asked her what the heck she is doing, she replied, I am not a cleaning woman. So I asked her to bring me some cleaning spray so I can finally use the toilet. As the lady was there I asked if there was anyway to turn the loud "brumming" noise off coming from the ventilation as it was like being on a cruise ship. We turned all the switches off and the temperature control with no luck, in fact even from the main computer at the front desk it was impossible. The room itself had a small closet that was hanging off and inside was a mini bar and a broken safe. A TV was pointing against the wall in the wrong direction and couldn't be moved so watching anything was impossible unless you stood against the wall. The bath had brown stains, because the tap constantly dripped, but with that said, if it were to be cleaned every day then the brown stains would not have been there. When we complained, we were asked if we wanted to speak with the management, I said yes and the answer was ok but they are not here on weekends. Then although I had already paid they asked for my credit card or a payment. Luckily I had read tripadvisor and denied. The night was an absolute nightmare, the bed itself was nothing but springs, there was absolutely no padding between the springs and the sheet itself. Upon checking I also noticed that the mattress was full of horrible blood stains. When I complained about that, even the lady in charge said she would not and couldn't sleep on it herself! Again I asked for the management to contact me and I demanded a refund for having to sleep on the floor but obviously they have no intention of doing that. I left a message for the management with my email and my telephone number and nobody called. As for the breakfast, even that went wrong. For the two of us we got 5 slices of cold toast, 2 incredibly small croissants and marmalade. The butter was bought after we were finished! Don't be fooled by the location, the nice reception and the wallpaper that make it look like a 3 star hotel, as I wouldn't even give this 2 stars. As for the price in exchange for what you get, disgraceful!!! I highly recommend if you want to enjoy your weekend in London to stay elsewhere and save yourself the anger you will get if you stay here. Even as we left and I said, it's a shame things didn't work out, I know you are only a worker, so have a nice day and bye, the reception lady couldn't even say bye back. Luckily I made a complete video review which is much more detailed and shows you the real state this place is in and everyone can decide for themselves. As for me, I still demand my money back!

Room Tip: Do not choose room 203
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Marc M

I was horrified to read about your experience, rest assured we have taken steps to ensure all aspects of a guests stay are improved at Tophams.