The Tophams Hotel Belgravia
  • Room Service
US$269
US$200
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$114
US$214
US$191
galahotels.com
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$120
1,459 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed there on the 06/05/2014 for one night and I am so glad I did not have to stay any longer.
I paid for continental breakfast ( £15.95 ), an expansive one at that price. The waitress asked what would I like for breakfast, hard boiled egg, fruit salad or ham an cheese.

I asked for ham and cheese and was absolutely godsmacked when the waitress put a single slice of cheddar and a single slice of the cheapest ham there could be. The square slice of ham would not be given to an animal by any decent person. I cannot believe at the price this hotel charge that they cannot provide quality food.

When checking out I was asked if I used the mini bar which I had. I was again astonished at the price. 3 cans of soft drinks and a kitkat £14. You could say I did not have to use the mini bar but having worked late that night I didnt fancy going shopping. I pointed to the receptionist that the price was steep and no price list was in my bedroom as if I had seen the prices I would not have bothered. The receptionist did not offer any apologies for the lack of price list and frankly could not care.

If you are going to stay in a London hotel I would avoid at all cost.

Room Tip: Avoid like the plague
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
GM159, General Manager at The Tophams Hotel Belgravia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write the review about the hotel on Tripadvisor.
I was very disappointed to read your comments, breakfast was not up to the standard it should have been and there should have been a price list for the mini-bar in your room.
We are doing everything we can to ensure that the guest experience is improved at the hotel.
I hope we will have an early opportunity to welcome you back to Tophams to demonstrate we can do better and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any future bookings.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

we arrived thinking that the hotel was going to be wonderful, but looks can be very deceiving. the Chinese lady (receptionist) didn`t give us the impression that we were welcome. We had booked through Expedia and was told by the lady that we were to have continental breakfast, she was told that we had booked "full English breakfast" and that I had the paperwork to prove it, she said that the contract had changed with Expedia but I stuck to my guns. The room that we were given was next to the lift, it was hardly any daylight in the room. The safe was bolted to the floor, we had to be or knees to get to this but there was no combination, we had to get a "key" from the reception desk. The bathroom looked clean, until we looked closer, there were loose tiles on the floor, the shower head was covered in limescale as was the bath drain, the towels were dirty. I cut my finger on the "handle" of the dressing table. We were wakened at 1.50 in the morning with females running along the corridor outside, it felt like we were in a school dormitory. But to top all this off was the locking of the bedroom door. When we left the room, we closed the door and as usual we always try the handle just to make sure it is locked, but NO the door opened again, after trying a few things we managed to get the door locked and we left for some sightseeing. When we came back to the room, someone had been in the room as the door was NOT secure. I did report this to the housekeeper, but she told me(in broken English) that the door was fine, I argued the point that it wasn`t and eventually we got the door to lock, the next day the same thing happened. Bottom line, at no point did we feel secure in this hotel and would never return again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

I was very disappointed to read your comments and you did not have the experience you should have had. We failed you on many many levels.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

the rooms are very run down
the receptionist woman (CHINA ORIGIN) is RUDE, questioning our every move! I thought I found myself in a a triad's household being questioned!
what's in your luggage
where are you going
breakfast - hotel is obviously maximising cost and lowering the quality = result POOR QUALITY breakfast
overall horrible experience and NEVER EVER again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

I was very disappointed to read your comments I have spoken to the receptionist you mentioned in your report and reminded her that the highest standard of care and attention is expected at the hotel
We are doing everything we can to ensure that the guest experience is improved at the hotel so it is good to receive your positive comments.

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

On arrival there was a few things not in the room which should of been. After speaking to the reception she apologise for the inconvenience and sent a chap straight up with them. The room was fairly clean and comfortable. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. We went for the queen's garden party which is a 5min walk from the hotel no need to pay for taxi's all attractions within easy walking distance the longest walk for us was the london eye (25mins) would recommend this hotel if we return to London in the future this is where we'll stay. Thanks;-)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sutton02

Thank you for taking the time to write the lovely review about the hotel on Tripadvisor.
I hope we will have an early opportunity to welcome you back to Tophams and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any future bookings.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

very clean and comfortable room, good breakfast, kind staff , all in order...and the location was excellent for going around, near to Victoria station, we have been going to the most important sites we wanted to visit in the easiest way, so I would recommend for a tour of central London, Enjoy !!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple