“Another comfortable visit ...”
Review of Harlingford Hotel

Harlingford Hotel
Ranked #536 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“Another comfortable visit ...”
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Harlingford again last week for three nights, to pick my wife up at Heathrow after a night flight from North America. Got back to the hotel about noon, she was able to catch up on her sleep then we had a very enjoyable two days in London. Our room was number 8 on the lower ground floor. As always, the hotel is kept exceptionally clean by the excellent housekeeping staff and the rooms are so well designed and comfortable, making the best use of fairly small rooms.
Internet access was good most of the time, poor at others, but it was always easy enough to use the wifi in the lounge if necessary, as there the wifi is always good.
Very quiet and peaceful, we slept well on the comfortable bed! Lower ground level, you could hear the rumble of the tube train from below, but not too bad, in fact I found it restful. Tube doesn't run after midnight anyway.
All the staff are so friendly and helpful, but if anyone gets an especial accolade, it is the breakfast room staff. They are great. Quick, efficient and friendly service, and a great breakfast too!
We'll be back in ten days time, so looking forward to that!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Robin H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed here with a friend for a girls' weekend in London. The hotel was easy to find and ideally located (halfway between Euston and King's Cross). The staff were all really friendly and welcoming. We were expecting a very small room from the photographs but our twin room was more than big enough, nicely decorated and very clean. Breakfast was absolutely delicious. For somewhere so central, it was very peaceful and quiet. The walls are a little thin but it really isn't the hotel's fault that the woman in the room next door decide to tell her whole life story very loudly on the phone at 7am on a Sunday morning! Would definitely go back (and hopefully our next door neighbour will keep it down next time!)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Hannah_Alex
Reggio Emilia, Italy
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Last November I went to London with my family and we decided to book this hotel for a few days . We will never regret our decision! Our room was very comfortable, warm and well-furnished, breakfast was very good , the staff was kind and helpful.
The Halingford Hotel is close to the Tube station, the position is great.
Anyway, I would say that I had some problems with the shower...There wasn't much hot water!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Beatrice Z
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I've stayed at the Harlingford on several occasions over the last two years, most recently in December 2013. I arrived an hour before check-in but was able to sit in lounge and warm myself by the fire which was a lovely antidote to the cold, grey day. The single rooms are small but extremely clean and comfortable with free wi-fi. I love the full English breakfast here and the staff in the breakfast room are welcoming and friendly. The biggest plus point is the hotel's location - walking distance to Euston and King's Cross/St Pancras stations as well as to Russell Square Underground Station. The Brunswick Shopping Centre is less than five minutes away as is Marchmont Street with its cafes and shops.
The Harlingford is clean, safe, centrally located, reasonably priced, and offers a great breakfast to set you up for the day … what's not to like?

Room Tip: There's no lift - which the management makes very clear on the hotel website - so ask for a room...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank anjie_10
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I recently complained on these pages about the decline of breakfast from its previous high standards - so it's a pleasure to say that on a visit in November things were much improved. And everything else was fine - I've never had the problem with noise that other visitors report.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Richard S
Yorkshire
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I have stayed at a number of the hotels in this very conveniently located Georgian Crescent over the past few years, and this is definitely one of the best of them, in my opinion. There is just one feature of the hotel to which detracted from my stay, and that was the insistence that I had to pay for my entire stay on arrival. In fairness to the hotel, guests are informed that this is the hotel's practice, so it doesn't come as a surprise when you check in, but it still slightly spoilt my stay. I tend to stay in several hotels every year, both in Britain and overseas, and, in my experience this practice is most unusual. Moreover, given that you have to give the hotel your bank card number when you book, as is the fairly universal custom nowadays, I wouldn't have thought that the hotel would lose out financially in the event of guests not paying their bills on departure.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Pantile
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We booked the Harlingford for a long weekend in November, our annual shopping trip and a West end show. So glad we choose a family run Hotel, a warm welcome, room good, staff helpful and the best English breakfast I have had in a hotel for a long time. A charming Hotel we would recommend to any visitor to London. Will be booking again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family