Jenkins Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in London
See available hotels
The Euro Hotel(London)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Staff were very polite and breakfats was yummy. This Hotel seems to be run by the Judd Hotel accross the road so you are alone with a key. Staying somewhere for the first time and needing the toilet in the night and not being able to find it can be a pain so if you are not ensuite then locate this first. Also the shower isnt marked and its somewhere upstairs. Room 3 is next to the boiler so its not so peacefull. I would stay here again as it was good value but I would choose an off-suite again.

Room Tip: choose ensuite
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I would like to say avoid this hotel because of the décor or service like some of the other reviewers but it is simply not possible. We did not get that far.

We advised that we would be arriving around 2200hrs we actually arrived at 2145. The night porter told us we were to be in room 1 and then realised he did not have a key for it. After a little playing around he managed to find a key which when we attempted to open the door failed miserably. Simple, we thought, wrong key. The porter came over after much shaking of the head and tried a variety of his own keys; eventually the master key let him into the room only to find it was already occupied.

He then advised us that there was, in the immortal words, ‘no more rooms at the inn’ and that he would try and find us something somewhere else. After much ringing around he did locate a B&B for us which was far from satisfactory but at that time of night beggars could not be choosers.

While waiting for a room to appear another guest in the hotel was saying that he had stopped at the Jenkins for the previous 15 years and had thought it was a great place to stay – until this visit and launched into a litany of woes, of which I cannot verify the veracity of, but I do know he was demanding a refund and moving out to another more functional hotel.

Intriguingly the porter apparently (or conveniently) had no telephone numbers for the hotel managers/owners for either of us to complain to. However he did kindly say that we would not be charged for the room we were not able to stop in!

In this day and age of computerised room records this should simply not happen; it is at the very least completely unprofessional.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dacs
Reviewed 13 November 2012

First of all I collaborate everything the previous reviewer from room 1 had to say; I was allocated room 3 on the ground floor with similar Harry Potter characteristics as room 1, my toilet was the one behind the secret door except when I tried to get in the light didn't work so I had to wiggle the bulb and pray. My cupboard (sorry room) had a single bed-headless bed located parallel to the wall opposite an open fireplace, just past the large TV balanced precariously on a wonky lamp table. When I squeezed past the bed to reach the kettle I found the cup with the handle broken off and one of the UHT milk carton's was open and contained a yellow grunge; I planned my evening out using the one thing that did work the Wi-Fi ! I returned from my evening out only to find the access to the toilet now blocked by a portable radiator behind the secret door, the toilet was locked but with no apparent occupant! In the morning a had a luke warm shower in the cubical with curled up wall covering that was located on the 1st floor. On the positive side, the room was warm and breakfast was OK - good service but stale muesli and how long were those yoghurts going to sit on each table getting warm? If like me you are on a budget then go to an IBIS and get the tube but don't stay here unless you're the boy who lived!

Room Tip: Don't book room 1 or 3, perhaps the others are better!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Sivrajha
Reviewed 29 October 2012

On a possitive side, the staff, particularly the staff at breakfast, were very friendly and helpful. This should not detract what an awful place this was (in my experience, based on Room no 1)

The reception was across the road at the Judd Hotel where you collected keys etc and also had breakfast. It was explained to me that the room (the offending No.1) was difficult to find (and indeed it was even after been given directions.

The room was grim. The access to the room was through an unmarked doorway approx 0.5m wide - I thought it was a cupboard door. This led to a toilet (not the one for the room mind you)and the door to the room. The door to the bathroom (en suite) was narrower than the first one. Both doors had to be entered sideways. Would this meet building regulation standards?

the room was just a mishmash of odds and sods as furniture. The bathroom was a disgrace. Water poured everywhere from the shower (in the bath) and the tiling on the walls wasn't even tiling - it was ill fitted vinyl flooring.

Simply unpleasant. Harry Potter had a better deal - his room was under the stairs .....

Room Tip: There may be good rooms in the hotel, but in all honesty my recommendation is to avoid
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank W5WPH
Mark0brien, General Manager at Jenkins Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Simply unpleasant. Harry Potter had a better deal - his room was
Thank you ‘W5WPH’ for posting your review. As mentioned in previous reviews we bought the hotel earlier this year and plan to do a full renovation once the relevant permissions have been granted.
The hotel is clean and superbly located for the Eurostar and West End.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

I stayed at the Jenkins on two separate nights last week and found both stays to be enjoyable. The management and staff were friendly and efficient. The two rooms i stayed in were both clean and bright with en suite facilities. My only problem was that the beds were too small for my frame however they did apologize and said they would try and do something about it if i stayed there again (which i will).

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo