“The Arosfa is a Real Gem”
Review of Arosfa Hotel

Arosfa Hotel
Ranked #81 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Berryville, Virginia
“The Arosfa is a Real Gem”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Can it possibly get any better than this?! A beautiful, historic B&B, reasonably priced and centrally located! Proprietors Tessa and Atilla are a lovely and personable young couple who go out of their way to make their guests feel welcome and comfortable. Tessa even arranged for a very resonably priced cab to take us to Heathrow for a very early morning departure. Breakfasts are generous and delicious. The rooms immaculate and comfy. You can be sure I'll pay a return visit and the sooner the better! Can't recommend the Arosfa enough!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Irene N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed 9 July 2012

At 104 GBP/night for a double room, "budget" does seem like a bit of a misnomer. However, I scoured tripadvisor for other options in Bloomsbury. And, I was forced to conclude that 104 was about as cheap as it gets in that area of London. So, I went for it.

Stayed one night in May 2012 with a friend in a double room. Bathroom was ensuite.

Gotta say, my overall impression was "FINALLY, a budget hotel that gets it!" I always budget travel. When I'm in a decent budget hotel, I often wonder why they don't just add some fresh paint to the walls and a few nice accessories. I'm not asking for 800 thread count egyptian cotton -- but would a complimentary throw be too much to ask for?

Well, Arosfa has it. The style starts in the shared sitting room. Best use of clear plastic and clear glass ever -- increasing the sense of openness in the room. The style continued in the room -- silk throws on the beds, simple sepiatone photos as art, neutral TWO-TONE wall color. Room was not huge, but big enough for two adults to move and dress in without a struggle. Bathroom was miniscule, but was clean and had soap, shampoo, etc.

I also HAVE to mention the back garden. I mean, they are supposed to love their gardens in Great Britain, right? Well, Arosfa has one! (How rare is that in a hotel?) Enjoyed a cup of tea and the ambiance. (See photos)

Also thought service was very good. Staff was particularly helpful and friendly. Left a jacket in the room. when I went back to get it, it was missing. In case it had gotten mixed up in the laundry, the staff took my email in case they found it. Two days later, I received an email asking for my address so they could mail it to me. I explained that it was a cheap jacket (20 euro), so I wasn't sure it was worthwhile to mail it. However, two weeks later I had my jacket in my mail. I have to count that as going out of the way!

Arosfa is definitely on my list of options for places to stay on return trips to London. As of this review (July 2012), it seems like the reservation system on their website might not be working. I tried to use it to check pricing, and I could find no available rooms on any date of any month. Might be worthwhile to email them.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Recently we stayed three nights at the Arosfa Hotel. We were impressed with Atilla, an owner, who greeted us at the door upon our arrival. Atilla makes everyone feel important as he is interested in everyone and in giving the best possible service. He is very personable and is happy to assist you with an questions about the city. The reception room of the hotel is charming. There is also a small garden area that the guests are welcome to use. It is lovely being right in the city to have a small yard. It was our wedding anniversary on the day we arrived at the Arosfa. When Atilla showed us to our room there was a bottle of wine and an anniversary card to greet us. Our room was comfortable with an ensuite bathroom. The price was very reasonable and it is centrally located in London with easy access to the Tube stations. We would highly recommend this wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Room has a ceiling fan. There is no elevator, so if your are on one of the top floors, there are ma...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I stayed at the Arosfa hotel for 2 nights this week, following recommendations of trip advisor. Not only were the prices very very reasonable but the staff was more than welcoming and efficient. In addition it is the centre of London with easy access to Tube stations and a few minutes from the British museum and the University of London. I definitely would recommend staying at Arosfa and will definitely stay there on my next London trip. Linda

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Dubai
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We are a family of 4 and stayed at the Arosfa for 6 nights after having read all the wonderful reviews on Trip Advisor. We booked a quad room which was comfortable though the bathroom was tiny. Overall we had a great time owing to the convenient location (easily walkable to Euston Square and Goodge street tube stations) and the excellent service from Tessa and Atilla.They went out of their way to make you feel at home . They even packed breakfast for us on the day we had booked a day trip for which we had to leave very early in the morning.
This hotel is also convenient for many popular tours departure points and shopping as Oxford Street is withing walking distance
Breakfast was wonderful which included the traditional English breakfast as well as continental.
Many restaurants with a choice of different cusines in nearby Tottenham Court road and Goodge Street.
We will definitely return to this great 'lil' place for our next stay in London!

Room Tip: Book in advance as there are not many rooms .
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I stayed at the Arosfa for a week with a friend of mine and we had a wonderful time. I am not going to lie, I chose it because I was doing my thesis on a pre-raphaelite poet at the time and when I heard there was a B&B in pre-raphaelite painter John Millais' old house I knew I had to stay there, ha. But still, geeky art connection aside, it's choice I'd recommend to anyone. Excellent service, well-served breakfast, good value for money and the best location imaginable - pretty much around the corner from the British Museum, within walking distance of the West End. Yes, the bathroom is ridiculously tiny and if you are not fit walking up and down those flights of stairs will not seem very attractive, but it wasn't a problem for us, and quite frankly, if you are looking for affordable accommodation right in the centre of the city, you can't do better than this. I wish I could go back!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
New Zealand
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I chose this place after reading other reviews here on trip advisor and I was not disappointed. I was traveling on my own for a week so the small single room I was allocated was perfect, clean, well appointed and it had a view over to the biggest Waterstone's Book Store in London. Breakfast was great with a good selection of full English as well as cereals and fruits etc and all staff were helpful and friendly. I walked from Euston Road station which was very close and a 10 pound taxi ride to Waterloo Station when I left. I will definitely stay here next time I am in London

Room Tip: A room at the back of the building might be quieter than on the road front
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo