“Excellent hotel in central London”
Review of Arosfa Hotel

Arosfa Hotel
Ranked #84 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Excellent hotel in central London”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

The Arosfa is an excellent choice for affordable accommodation in central London. Located a few minutes' walk from Oxford street, you are within walking distance to most central-London attractions (Picadilly circus and Leicester sq. are about 15-20 minutes walk), and with the nearest tube station (Goodge street) only 2 minutes away, transportation is very easy to anywhere in London.
Breakfast is another highlight of this hotel. Well above the standard 'english breakfast', you can choose from the buffet which has a large variety of cereal, fresh fruit, cheese, ham, spreads and yogurt, pastries, juices and more, all of which come on top of the cooked breakfast made to order.
Above all, the hosts at this small hotel are amazing. Both Tessa and Atilla are extremely nice, welcoming and helpful, and made us feel at home.
Indeed, the Arosfa has one drawback you should be aware of - some of the rooms are small, and the bathrooms in the smaller rooms are tiny (imagine a toilet, a sink and a shower all within 1 square meter - quite claustrophobic, though much more manageable than I feared it would be). However, they do have larger rooms if you book early enough, and the smaller rooms are priced accordingly with rates that are unbeatable in central London for any comparable hotel. So just book early enough and know in advance what room you'll be getting to avoid disappointment. I certainly recommend this hotel and will be back here for any future London visit.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ogol17

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
Dorset, UK
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I've just come back from a night in London. I usually stay in chain hotels, but I fancied something different this time.

It's in a brilliant location - WC1. It's a 5 minute walk from the tube station, with an organic supermarket, a French patisserie and a music shop all within spitting distance.

Beautiful old building - lots of stairs and obviously tight on space but it's SO comfortable you won't notice.

The owners are so friendly and helpful. There's a very comfy guest lounge with 2 computers for internet use, a big stack of books and some tres chic furniture!

I had a single room on the second floor overlooking Gower Street. It's a busy road, but the windows blocked most of the noise.

The free breakfast was great. Plenty of cereals and fruit, yogurt, cold meats and pastries to choose from, and the cooked breakfast was hot and tasty.

Overall, I think if you're looking for a B&B in London, you could do A LOT worse than this.

Pros: Friendly, personal service. Free wifi. Free breakfast.

Cons: Having to leave!

Room Tip: I imagine the rooms at the back might be quieter, but the noise at the front wasn't a problem fo...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank spankyredhead
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2013

The owners of this hotel could not be have been more helpful, our room was extremely comfortable, warm and cosy.

Breakfast was cooked to order something you don't always get in the bigger hotels, if we visit the Metropolis again we would have no problem using this hotel.

The hotel is on bus routes with tube and railway stations nearby, a good range of places to eat, shopping and theatres within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
New york
Reviewed 31 March 2013

First of all, let me say I have been to a lot of B + B, but the reason why this place stands out is just the kindness of the hosts and the quality of the care that they take in making your stay pleasurable. I initially booked a reservation online and asked Tessa if I could have a double facing the back. Tessa replied they were all booked for doubles facing the back, but if I wanted a queen bed with a single bed room in the back, they had one left. She was so kind to give me a discounted rate (slightly more than I would have paid for a traditional double), which was so kind, given that she could have rented that space out for more money.
We arrived very jet lagged on a cold, rainy march day and after getting a bit lost (our fault as we don't follow directions well on maps), we stepped on a warm lit foyer, where Tessa immediately set us at ease and had us rest on the main lobby area (with chairs, sofa, TV, computer access, coffee, water, lemonade) while they took care of getting our stuff to our room. We were greeted by the most lovely shitzu, Frankie, who was so friendly but polite, we scratched his tummy for a bit. We arrived early at 11 AM, so I didn't think we would have our room open, but it was all settled in and Tessa asked if it was to our satisfaction, which was a nice thing to ask, but we would have any place at that point, we just wanted to lie down and clean up a bit. Tessa gave us a local map and circled some areas of interest, but given our jet lagged state and the london rainy cold weather, we just settled for a local walk to a pub and the british museum that day. The location of the B+B is in close to many tube stations, the closest is Goodge and is basically a 2 minute walk. We took the tube a lot due to it being so cold, but on warmer weather, we would have walked more and I believe a lot of the local/central tourist locations are within 20 minutes walk.
The room itself was renovated and very stylish but comfortable. Yes, the rooms are not huge but there was plenty of space for our luggage on the floor and to walk around, and we even had a picnic dinner the first night (as we were too tired to really go out) in our room. The bathroom had heated towel racks (wonderful after getting out of a shower) and there were amenities to use (shampoo, body soap, etc) provided by the B+B. The shower did remind me of a star trek shuttle, but the water had good pressure and was nice and warm, and my husband who is 6 foot 2 was able to fit in with no problems. There is coffee/tea service, hair dryer and a place to hang and put your clothes in the room as well, along with flat screen TV and wifi access in the room (although we did use the computers upstairs as well). The queen bed was extremely comfortable (so comfortable we almost overslept twice for breakfast- got up just a few minutes before it officially ended), but Tessa and Atilla didn't mind us being the last ones in and were very welcoming each time.
The breakfasts were extremely filling (it is a combination of premade cold selections - ham/cheese/pastries/bread/cereal/juice/fruits) along with freshly made coffee or tea and a hot plate full english breakfast. Because we ate so well in the mornings, we didn't have lunch until 2 PM most days which left us a lot of time in the morning for sightseeing. We had a smaller lunch usually which helped to save money :)
Tessa and Atilla both went out of the way to be helpful. We were trying to get the most of of the 2 to 1 deals, but I forgot to print out the passes to one of the places we wanted to visit (churchill war rooms), I asked Tessa if she minded if I used their office printer and no problem, it was done. They offered to print us anything we needed (airport tickets, etc) as well. On the last day we were there, we had to leave extra early (7 AM), but Tessa prepacked a breakfast for us, so we could have it in the train ride to Brussells. Atilla was up early to greet us and help us get into a taxi to the train station and helped us with our bag. I was just sad not to see Frankie on my last day, every day when we came up from breakfast and after a day of traipsing around London, we would get a happy greeting from her and we would play with her for a bit, I call it "dog therapy" for tired travellers.
Next time we are in London, we are sure to book this place, which I hope will be soon! I am a bit afraid the word will get out and will be hard to find an accommodation next time if this place becomes too popular, but I feel Tessa and Atilla deserve to get the accolades for their hard work. They are basically working 24/7 every day of the year (living downstairs near the breakfast area). Owning a B+B where you actually live in and interact with your guests on a daily basis is a work of love, and it clearly shows in their place.

Room Tip: We stayed in the back, very quiet, didn't hear a thing at night.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dubu
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 29 March 2013

My family and I recently stayed at the Arosfa Hotel. We got the family room for 3 nights and an extra room on our last night. Both rooms were on the second floor. We were extremely happy with the accommodation and service in this lovely place. The rooms were nicely refurbished and the owners would go out of their way to make your stay in London comfortable and memorable. I had a chance to travel in different parts of UK last year staying in different 4 star hotels but none of those places can match the quality of care and personal attention that Attila and Tessa provide (an added bonus is their dog Frankie who would charm and entertain hotel guests.)

I would definitely go back to this hotel and recommend it to friends who want top notch accomodation at a reasonable price.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jesus g
Southeast USA
Reviewed 27 March 2013

The owners are extremely friendly and make the stay here special. The rooms are cozy - code for small - but our downstairs room was very quiet, clean, and the bed comfortable. The recently remodeled tile bath is a successful exercise in efficiency in space and worked well. Breakfast was very good and prepared by the hosts. Given the small rooms, there is a ground floor living room to read, work on the computers, have some tea, or receive guests.

Location is great. We paid 130 BP/night with breakfast for a double. The 12 room place was fully booked.

Enjoyed our stay, Thanks!

Room Tip: The basement double is very quiet but we could here large trucks and sirens. I expect Gower Street r...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank RichardSoutheast
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I stayed 3 nights at Arosfa. The location is great, with tub and bus station less of 5 minuts walking. The neighbourhood was very interesting, with waterstone bookshop in front the hotel. The room was small, but clean and comfortable. The lounge had computer with Internet acces. Also you had wifi for smartphones and tablets. The breakfast lovely. But the best was the service from Tessa and Atilla taking care of the smalls details and giving suggestions. I would definitely return. Thank you guys!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo