“Home from home”
Review of Arosfa Hotel

Arosfa Hotel
Ranked #82 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Arosfa. My son of 12 and I stayed for 5 days. Alison and Ralph were always friendly, always welcoming. Although the rooms were small, they were very neat, but very well planned and gave us everything that we needed. My son loved the excellent breakfast that started off our days. The hotel was very well located within 5 minutes walking distance to 3 underground stations, as well as to the British Museum. I already booked my stay for March next year.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Key points for me were: value for money and fabulous breakfast.
We stayed one night, arriving late and departing early. The managing couple, just newly started, stayed up for us past the normal staffed times and welcomed us warmly. The room was small but had everything needed - even a small TV and kettle. Lots of little shelves etc to put things. The bathroom was tiny, but got the job done. The water pressure and temperature were great - nothing small sized there. The room was hot - I don't know what arrangements might be in place for summertime but hope they manage better than our stay in November.
The bonus for me was realizing how close to the British Museum the hotel was, and that the museum opened early enough to allow a short visit, then check out, and still make a Saturday morning Eurostar. I will return here!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Very clean room. Excellent service. The staff is remarkable. Though breakfast starts at 7:30, mine was ready at 6:15 when I needed to leave early. Breakfasts were cooked to order and very good. At night the door is locked at 10:30 but when I needed to arrive late (after 11:00 PM) Alison and Ralph were waiting for me. Ralph carried my heavy suitcase to my room. There were apples, cookies and bottled water on the table. I practically felt being at home.
The location is very good - just 3 stops on the tube to Charring Cross and walking distance to Oxford street.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Alex D
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

My sister and I stayed in a twin room for two nights, the room was small and cosy but very clean and had everything we needed. The breakfast was amazing with so much choice as well as being offered a cooked breakfast there's fruit salad, croissants etc its a short walk from euston station and close to the west end and Oxford street. We left our bags in the lounge area for the day and were able to sit in there and enjoy a coffee whilst waiting to leave for our train. Will defiantly stay here again when visiting London.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank lyndsey l
Reviewed 6 November 2013

By London standards the hotel offers fantastic value for money, although some might feel the price is high when you look around you soon realise it isn't!

The owner made us feel very welcome from the moment we arrived and the whole hotel has a "homely" feel about it. The room was very clean, this was the main plus point for us as many hotels in the UK are often not very clean in our experience. The room is modern, basic and compact but all you need for a stay in London. The shower was great and the flat screen TV is always a nice touch.

We paid the extra charge for breakfast and this was just like the hotel, very nice. Overall I can't fault this hotel at all, in a city where you can pay a lot for not very much, look no further than the Arosfa Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank USA_honeymoon
Reviewed 4 November 2013

It was splendid!!! Fantastic service. Breakfast the best we ever had. It was personal and they made your cooked breakfast and seved it at your table the way you wanted it, Kindly, friendly ....What more could we say. We´ll come back!

Room Tip: We think any oom is okey-
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank hansinge_Lund_Sweden
Reviewed 3 November 2013

What a warm and wonderful Hotel this is. Before we arrived I asked if any of the rooms were larger because my husband was quite big , Liga e-mailed me that the room we had paid for was one of the smaller rooms. We just thought we would put up with a small room because it was just for 2 nights. When we got there, Liga had put us in a beautiful 3 person room with a nice connecting bath. What a surprise. It had everything we needed with a beautiful view onto the garden. The room and entire hotel was spotlessly clean. We loved the hotel. We like to have a good breakfast and then not eat again until evening. Well, this was more than a good breakfast, we ate breakfast while we waited for a complete cooked breakfast! We had the full english breakfast after having fruit, rolls, and yogurt. Plus tea and coffee. Wow! Martin and Liga work hard to make this all come together. They are great hosts.
Then there is the neighborhood, which is beautiful and quiet. There are restaurants, bars, grocery stores, the college and the British Museum right at your doorstep.
This is one of the most recommended neighborhoods and small hotels in London.

Room Tip: Room facing garden.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple