“Good Hotel, Excellent Staff”
Review of Arosfa Hotel

Arosfa Hotel
Ranked #91 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Good Hotel, Excellent Staff”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed here for one night with my wife & daughter. It's a lovely old Georgian House. The staff were very helpful. We stayed on the top floor and they carried my luggage upstairs for me (being a Georgian house there is no lift). It's also very convenient to be able to leave luggage before checking in and after checking out prior to catching the train. Breakfast was also very good. Hope to come again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
Paarl
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Arosfa. My son of 12 and I stayed for 5 days. Alison and Ralph were always friendly, always welcoming. Although the rooms were small, they were very neat, but very well planned and gave us everything that we needed. My son loved the excellent breakfast that started off our days. The hotel was very well located within 5 minutes walking distance to 3 underground stations, as well as to the British Museum. I already booked my stay for March next year.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Cumbria UK
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Key points for me were: value for money and fabulous breakfast.
We stayed one night, arriving late and departing early. The managing couple, just newly started, stayed up for us past the normal staffed times and welcomed us warmly. The room was small but had everything needed - even a small TV and kettle. Lots of little shelves etc to put things. The bathroom was tiny, but got the job done. The water pressure and temperature were great - nothing small sized there. The room was hot - I don't know what arrangements might be in place for summertime but hope they manage better than our stay in November.
The bonus for me was realizing how close to the British Museum the hotel was, and that the museum opened early enough to allow a short visit, then check out, and still make a Saturday morning Eurostar. I will return here!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Very clean room. Excellent service. The staff is remarkable. Though breakfast starts at 7:30, mine was ready at 6:15 when I needed to leave early. Breakfasts were cooked to order and very good. At night the door is locked at 10:30 but when I needed to arrive late (after 11:00 PM) Alison and Ralph were waiting for me. Ralph carried my heavy suitcase to my room. There were apples, cookies and bottled water on the table. I practically felt being at home.
The location is very good - just 3 stops on the tube to Charring Cross and walking distance to Oxford street.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Alex D
Ashby-de-la-Zouch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

My sister and I stayed in a twin room for two nights, the room was small and cosy but very clean and had everything we needed. The breakfast was amazing with so much choice as well as being offered a cooked breakfast there's fruit salad, croissants etc its a short walk from euston station and close to the west end and Oxford street. We left our bags in the lounge area for the day and were able to sit in there and enjoy a coffee whilst waiting to leave for our train. Will defiantly stay here again when visiting London.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank lyndsey l
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

By London standards the hotel offers fantastic value for money, although some might feel the price is high when you look around you soon realise it isn't!

The owner made us feel very welcome from the moment we arrived and the whole hotel has a "homely" feel about it. The room was very clean, this was the main plus point for us as many hotels in the UK are often not very clean in our experience. The room is modern, basic and compact but all you need for a stay in London. The shower was great and the flat screen TV is always a nice touch.

We paid the extra charge for breakfast and this was just like the hotel, very nice. Overall I can't fault this hotel at all, in a city where you can pay a lot for not very much, look no further than the Arosfa Hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank USA_honeymoon
Lund, Sweden
Reviewed 4 November 2013

It was splendid!!! Fantastic service. Breakfast the best we ever had. It was personal and they made your cooked breakfast and seved it at your table the way you wanted it, Kindly, friendly ....What more could we say. We´ll come back!

Room Tip: We think any oom is okey-