Arosfa Hotel
The Academy(London)
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
1,864 results
All reviewsbritish museumgower streetgoodge street tube stationsingle roomfull english breakfastceiling fansmall hoteltop floorsitting roomno liftfriendly hotelcooked breakfastbreakfast was excellentflights of stairssmall roomthree nightswest end
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My two friends and I stayed in a triple room at the Arosfa, May 15 - 22, 2014. This is the nicest bed and breakfast that I have stayed at in London in the twenty years I have visited London. It is a wonderful and friendly place to stay and the hosts, Ralph and Allison are outstanding and nothing was too much for them to assist us with.
Our triple room was on the top floor but was not a problem for the three of us who are in our early 60's. The room was very nicely furnished and we had a nice sized bathroom. Our room faced the street and was kind of noisy but all three of us slept quite well. There is free Wi-Fi available in the rooms and the lounge and all three of us had no problems connecting to the internet.
The beds (one double and one twin) were very comfortable and the overhead fan kept the room at a comfortable temperature. The room came with tea/coffee making facilities and everything needed for preparing those beverages.
The breakfasts were absolutely wonderful and included in the room price. There was a buffet available which included delicious fruit, breads, cereal, juices, meats, cheeses, salmon, pastries and more. The cooked breakfast was great too. You had several choices such as a full English Breakfast including eggs, bacon, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes and toast and there were breakfasts also available for those with dietary restrictions.
I cannot say enough about the hosts, Allison and Ralph. They made us feel at home and were very helpful with anything we needed. They welcomed us to the Arosfa when we arrived after our flight from the US and offered us refreshments and to relax in the lounge while our room was prepared (we arrived earlier than anticipated.) After a relaxing break in the lounge, we went to explore London. When we arrived back at the Arosfa a short while later, our room was ready and our luggage had been placed in our room.
My two friends and I enjoyed the evenings we spent in the garden at the back of the Arosfa. Allison and Ralph always brought us our drink of choice and sat and talked with us. They are both so friendly and interesting to converse with. The garden is very pretty and there is comfortable seating.
The lounge is also nice. It includes comfortable seating, computers, printer, TV, a good selection of books to read in the evenings if you were so inclined and coffee, water and other beverages were always available for free in the lounge.
I want to commend Ralph and Allison on their outstanding hospitality. They went over and beyond what is expected to assist us in many instances and even after we no longer were staying at the Arosfa.
I highly recommend the Arosfa. It is centrally located and is a very short walk to The British Museum and to several Underground stations.
There is a very nice pub just a few minutes walk from the Arosfa and a Waterstones bookstore across the street from the Arosfa. There are many eating out choices, grocery stores and banks close to the hotel.
I will be staying at the Arosfa on any future visits to London. My two friends and I wish to give a personal thank you and commendation to Allison and Ralph for a wonderful stay in London.

Room Tip: Our triple room was on the top floor of the Arosfa. My two friends and I in our early 60's had no problem with the stairs but someone with mobility limitations might want a room on a lower floor. The rooms in the back of the Arosfa are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2014

From reservation through check-out we had a wonderful experience during our 2-night stay at Arosfa. The staff (Nicholas, Allison) were attentive and accommodating to our needs, questions and requests both prior to and upon our arrival. The hotel was easy to access from the airport and is located within walking distance of several tube stations and sites. The common areas and room were beautifully decorated and spotless. The breakfast was bountiful and delicious. Thank you for making our first days in London unforgettable.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We liked this hotel as it is in a good location near transport and shops and museums. The only down side were the stairs and perhaps if I was 40 years younger it would not have been a problem. However the staff were very helpful and carried our bags up to the room. Breakfast was adequate, we did not go for the cooked breakfast. The room was small but we were only using the room to sleep in. Pricewise for London it was good value for money. If you are here and London is having one of those rare hot days, then it may be uncomfortable as there is no air conditioning. Wifi was variable, in our room generally only 2 bars were showing but downstairs in the lounge room it was up to 4 bars. I would not recommend the hotel for overweight people or those with breathing difficulties as we met met one lady slowly making her way up the stairs and she was in some distress with breathing.
Otherwise it is a good hotel

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Great location near buses and tubes. Excellent breakfast with various choices. Staff was helpful and room, although small, was clean. Good value for money, would recommend this place to visitors around this area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Perfect hotel at perfect location (close to 2 tube stations) Very friendly and warm staff. Excellent breakfast with lots of options. We stayed in the family room. Decent size room and newly renovated bathroom. We felt like home on a holiday!

Stayed: July 2014