“Affordable and solid location. Great hosts!”
Review of Arosfa Hotel

Arosfa Hotel
Ranked #92 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Arlington, Virginia
“Affordable and solid location. Great hosts!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I stayed here by myself for two evenings in February 2013. I was looking for affordability but with a solid location. Room was small for sure, but that was expected given what I read online, and was fine because I was by myself.

Breakfast and host were great, I arrived at ~7:30am from the States and they let me leave my bags, freshen up, and even have a breakfast on the house even though my room wasn't ready.

This establishment was a great find given my needs!

Room Tip: If you are concerned about noise, perhaps ask for a room that is not Gower street side?
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We chose this hotel based on good Tripadvisor reviews and, on the whole, we agree with the positives: It was clean and cosy; has a great location in Bloomsbury - an easy stroll from the theatre district, eateries on Charlotte Street and, of course, shopping on Oxford Street; Breakfast was excellent with masses of choice including cooked; and the staff was very friendly. HOWEVER... we were given one of the tiniest rooms I have ever stayed in, with no warning! Even by single room standards it was tiny but with two beds crammed in it was, quite frankly, unacceptable! There wasn't space for a bedside table, not enough space for two people to stand and get dressed at the same time but the worst thing of all was the truly dreadful pod-style 'bathroom' which was the size of a small broom cupboard! Manoeuvring to use the loo was a challenge!!! My knees pressed against the door as I sat (I'm 5 foot 8). The narrowest of shower cubicles was separated from the toilet and tiny basin by a curtain to prevent splashing. This meant that if you tried to use the bathroom after someone else had showered, the wet shower curtain soaked your clothes! What my husband and I couldn't understand was why the hotel didn't include this information in the room description. What would happen, for example, if a large individual booked the room at a time when the hotel was full and then found he or she simply could not physically fit in the pod??!! BE WARNED!

Room Tip: Avoid Room 14. It is TINY!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bclubleyprima
Redditch
Reviewed 17 August 2014

After a gap of around 3 years we stayed here again recently. The hotel has had some refurbish & décor improvements since our last stay. Rooms are small but well appointed with everything you need. The hotel is in a good location only a few minutes walk from either Goodge St or Warren St tube stations & your only a few minutes walk from the Tottenham Court Road end of Oxford St. Breakfast is served in the basement area with a good choice of continental or cooked English breakfast. The hotel is very clean & has nice friendly staff.

Room Tip: The rooms are on multiple floors & there is no elevator so if you have any issues climbing stair...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Cairndow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

. London's idea of cheap is not mine. The cheapest of those recommended any where near town was £ 80 a night. But as there was little alternative I plumped for the Gower St area, where I had not been since my days at Uni. I remember the area as one of lovely, but grubby, houses, jazz dives, and university buildings. It is now clearly pretty trendy, with every other building a cafe or restaurant. there is a row of B&Bs. I went for the first available one that had an ensuite shower. a supposed double room was actually two twin beds right up against each wall with a few inches between each bed =no room to swing a kitten , let alone a cat. But as I was going to only sleep there it did not matter too much, and the people were charming. they apologized when I arrived, saying they were upgrading the room next to me, but that work would only be carried out during the day. I explained that I was a bit tired, and might need to sleep in the afternoon. They immediately said that I should tell them when I got back, and they would make sure that the builders kept quiet for me for a couple of hours - and they did! The breakfast spread was great, particularly for such a small place. Fresh strawberries, good pastries, and freshly cooked breakfast if you wanted it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a single room, which was small but as expected for London. The room was clean and nicely decorated. Bathroom however was very compact similar to an aeroplane bathroom - may prove cramped for anyone taller than average. There was no air con in the room and it got quite hot in the summer but cooled down at night with the windows open so only a minor issue. Breakfast was fresh with a huge variety plus an English breakfast can be made to order!

Arosfa is in a central location around the UCL and near a few tube stations so you can choose the one that most suits the line. There are a number of nice parks around the area and I actually preferred walking to taking the tube or bus.

Would definitely recommend!

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed 2 nights at a room on ground level, asked for a room facing the back as I am sensitive to noise. You could still hear the traffic, but we never heard anything from other people there - even though our room was situated next to the entrance and lobby!
The room was very nice, recently renovated as far as we could tell. The bathroom was small as for most places in London, but with a nice shower (even though the pressure wasn't that good).
We didn't have any problems sleeping, I found the bed a bit hard but my fiance thought it was perfect.
At arrival we were welcomed and got information about the area and the hotel, and the carried the bags to our room immediately. A very nice welcome!
The breakfast buffet was nice, with smoked salmon, poached eggs, toast, croissants etc - and they also ask if you want anything cooked as well.
The area is very nice, with loads of nice restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Excellent little hotel in Bloomsbury. Prices reasonable, great location, and the refurbished rooms are great. Very friendly owner and staff . Close to galleries, museums, the West End and Soho. I stay here every time I am in London.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business