“Met my high expectations; I'd stay there again”
Review of Arosfa Hotel

Arosfa Hotel
Ranked #84 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Denver, Colorado
“Met my high expectations; I'd stay there again”
Reviewed 11 April 2010

I stayed a week in a double en suite room at the Arosfa. I had fairly high expectations based on TripAdvisor reviews. My expectations were met. From check-in to check-out, the staff were helpful and pleasant at all times.

I booked a double room based on prior stays in London hotels, knowing that I would want the extra space of a double vs. a single, for a week long stay. The room was comfortable and had all the amenities I expected. In fact, the digital TV had a surprising range of programming and channels. Of course, I didn't go to London to watch TV, but that was a nice little bonus amenity. The water pressure in my bathroom was low, but after I mentioned it to the staff, it was adjusted to be stronger right away. Let me emphasize, the en suite bathroom was tiny, although completely functional.

Breakfast was ample and cheerfully served in the lower-level dining room.

The residents' lounge is a large attractive room, with an internet-connected computer that's free for guests to use. It was pleasant to use the computer there or just to sit and read in between my excursions around London. The staff also helped me successfully get online with their free wi-fi system, using my netbook.

I really liked the location of the Arosfa. It's in the University of London area, and also within walking distance of the British Museum. Gower Street is well served by buses, the Goodge Street tube station is 3 blocks away, and other Tube stations are a bit farther away but still walkable (Russell Square, Euston Square). There is a large Waterstone's book store directly across the street from the hotel; I liked the store a lot but it was dangerous to my budget and my baggage allowance.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Toofargone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
Fremont California
Reviewed 11 April 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Arosfa for 3 nights in March 2010 with 2 kids (ages 6 and 101). This is a good hotel with convenient location to central London. The hotel is located near an underground tube so it was very easy to visit all the famous sites. The hotel is near shopping (Oxford street) and restaurants. The daily morning English breakfeast (included in the hotel price) was great. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. The bathroom is very small but this was not a problem for us. We will stay here again if we are ever in London.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank BayAreaResident
Scotland
Reviewed 8 April 2010

My second visit to the Arosfa as a solo traveller to London on business and I wasn't disappointed - I think this hotel is brilliant and I'm quite fussy! I'm scared to say too much because then everyone will want to stay there and I won't be able to book it!! Its in a great location for Euston, Regent's Park, UCH and UCL, all the medical establishments like the Royal Colleges etc etc. It is absolutely spotless and the rooms are very well set up with toiletries etc. I have been in single rooms before which have been dismal but this one although very small which is to be expected, was prettily furnished and the tiny bathroom was the cutest I have ever seen. Lovely hot shower, soft white towels. Breakfast nothing fancy but full english included in the price. you really couldn' t ask for more in Central London. Only down side is stairs not for the faint-hearted. Thanks Arosfa

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank RuffyScotland
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 8 April 2010

Just spent two nights at Arosfa. I had a single room. It was small (good luck avoiding this in London!), but there was a full (tiny) bathroom IN the room. I had stained glass and regular pane glass windows in my room overlooking the back garden. It was very quiet and the bed was very comfortable. There's a plasma TV in the room and plenty of channels to watch while lounging on the bed. The room was clean and cute! I was extremely pleased with my stay!!!!

Location is GREAT! The Goodge train stop is a 3 minute walk away. Very convenient for getting around the city.

Every morning breakfast was served very quickly and it was very good! You can have a full english breakfast and there are juices, cereal, and breads as well.

I had to check out immediately after breakfast and everything was ready for check out. All I had to do was sign. Very efficient!

There are plenty of London traveler's guides in the reception and a very nice reception room with free internet. Any visitors must stay in the guest area and are not allowed in to your room. Hence, free of any riff-raff. :0)

A very efficient, clean, friendly place!!! I would definitely reccommend this place!!!! I am very happy I stayed here!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Jen31373
Virginia, US
Reviewed 7 April 2010

We stayed 2 nights with 3 adults and 3 kids (10, 7 and 7) in their apartment setup which is a locked off area with 2 bedrooms and a common bathroom. One of the rooms has a small kitchen in it. It was very clean and very comfortable. Breakfast in the mornings was great. You could have a traditional English breakfast or opt for cereal and pastries. The owners were very helpful and friendly. It's about a 10-15 min walk to the British Museum and St. Pancras or King's Cross Station or about a 5 min walk to Goodge street tube station. It was also nice to have free access to a computer. We would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Lugano, Switzerland
Reviewed 7 April 2010

If you read all of the reviews then you have an idea of what to expect. The rooms my daughter and I had were small, cozy, snug and incredibly clean. What we didn't expect were to find personalized, handwritten Easter cards with chocolates left in each of our rooms for Easter and this was really a nice touch. The wonderful smell of breakfast wafting up from the restaurant in the morning was better than any alarm clock. If i could have changed anything it would have been to have a firmer bed and maybe a bit more water pressure inthe bathroom, but this is totally subjective on my part.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Ireland
Reviewed 6 April 2010

My young daughter and I stayed for 3 nights in a family room, which was very nice for us but would probably be quite cramped if there were another adult and child also in it. Very clean, very quiet, helpful and friendly staff, excellent nights sleep, nice breakfast, great location. No complaints and would definitely revisit and recommend.

• Stayed March 2010