“Place to feel at home in London”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hampstead Village Guesthouse
Ranked #127 of 557 London B&B and Inns
Veitsrodt, Germany
“Place to feel at home in London”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The guest house was an extremely good location to stay during our London trip. It was both close to green woodlands and meadows and to a beautiful main street with lovely small shops and cafés / restaurants. The next underground station (Hampstead, Northern line) wasn't far away, either (ca. 300 mtrs.). Annemarie and Jim made us feel at home in their nice house; when the sun was shining, they even offered us to have breakfast in their garden. Definitely, we will return to this place next time we travel to London!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Beautiful guest house in probably the most adorable area of London! The guesthouse is very clean and unimaginably charming! I found myself wanting to take pictures of everything. I stayed with Annemarie and Jim for 3 nights while I was studying in London and I have never felt so relaxed and able to focus. Hampstead is lovely with the Heath if you fancy a little walk in nature and a breathtaking view of London. Plenty of delicious restaurants to choose from, a few of which have won some great awards. In the morning Annemarie made me a vegan breakfast which was delicious and beautifully presented! Annemarie and Jim are wonderful people! I thoroughly enjoyed our chats and I already miss you!! I really look forward to returning soon!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I was looking in internet for a place to stay 3-4 days in Hamstead and I was very lucky to find Annemarie and Jim's Hampstead Village Guesthouse.Traditional architecture and comfortable home close to everything in Hamstead. I loved to have tea in my room without having to go to the kitchen; everything is in your room to make the tea and enjoy a tasteful England tradition.
I recommend this place to everybody planning to visit London. And, by the way, price is great for London.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This guest house is very beautiful located next to Hamstead Heath and near the metro station. The house and the rooms are very charming and the beds comfortable. Our room had a bunch of small, fine furnishings and was very pleasant. We rented a fairly large room with its own bathroom, which also would have fit a family. If you are lucky with the weather, breakfast is served in the cozy little garden. The couple who own it are very friendly and helpful. We were two friends who were away for a long weekend and it suited us perfectly. Jogging in Hampstead Heath, then breakfast in the garden followed by a walk up towards Highgate Cementary and further into the city. You simply get the best of everything!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Vevey, Switzerland
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed with Annemarie and Jim last year at mother's day. We arrived late and found the bed ready to snuggle up ,the next morning we woke up to the lovely smell of coffee from Annemarie's most gorgeous kitchen where we had an English breakfast just as one would like it. it will be like coming home next time we come and I cannot wait.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 23 March 2014

A guesthouse I will recommend to everybody visiting London. A perfect mix of a beautiful historical house, uniquely decorated rooms respecting the long history of the house, warm/genuine hospitality and an excellent "good old" home-made cosy English breakfast at the kitchen table (or in the garden if the weather allows). Nicely situated in one of the distinguished parts of London and easily reachable from London City by tube or bus in a short time. Very good restaurants and nice English pubs around the corner. All in all, very much worth the experience and stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I have stayed at Annemarie and Jim's guesthouse many, many times over the past ten years. I come to London every April for the London Book Fair, and I usually stay a few days after the fair to enjoy the city and see friends. Hampstead is a wonderful area to stay in-- beautiful and convenient. I've stayed in almost all of the rooms in the guesthouse, from the tiny and cheap, to the larger rooms when I've had a companion with me. They are all different, and part of the fun of staying there is discovering what treasures each room has to offer. Annemarie and Jim are wonderful hosts (Annemarie even cleaned a sticky bit off my suitcase with rubbing alcohol when I was last there), and the prices are beyond reasonable. I recommend this place to everyone I talk to who is visiting London and doesn't need (or want) to be right in the thick of things. Hampstead is one of the most beautiful parts of the city, and this guesthouse is the perfect way to experience it.

Room Tip: If you're looking for a VERY economical room (and don't have much luggage with you), the tin...