“"A peaceful and beautiful retreat"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hampstead Village Guesthouse
Ranked #145 of 579 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We love this place! We have stayed here several times over the years and try to make it a part of any trip to London. The Hampstead Village Guesthouse is a really peaceful and beautiful retreat. We love the design of the rooms - each one has a very different character - and really like the colours and the attention to homely details. We particularly enjoy the quirky private shower rooms. We feel very much at home here. It is very exciting to visit London but we always feel a bit overwhelmed after a day out in the centre. It is very pleasant to come back to this guesthouse and unwind in such peaceful surroundings. The house is on a very quiet residential street, but Hampstead High Street with all its attractive shops and cafés is only a few minutes' walk away. This is a very comfortable and welcoming place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I staid for two nights in this charming little guesthouse. Very friendly owners made me feel very much at home and the place has a real cosy and typically British feel to it. I can definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Erwin L
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We've stayed here several times before, because my best friend lives around the corner.We always love this individual house and rooms .
Annemarie and Jim are wonderful and friendly hosts.
My daughters had a good laugh about the tiny bathroom in our room-it work well!
The entire house has a wonderful charm of itself. Its quiet and the garden is wonderful.
Its located near Hampstead High Street and the tube station.
The heath is around the corner for a walk.Thaks a lot

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The guest house was an extremely good location to stay during our London trip. It was both close to green woodlands and meadows and to a beautiful main street with lovely small shops and cafés / restaurants. The next underground station (Hampstead, Northern line) wasn't far away, either (ca. 300 mtrs.). Annemarie and Jim made us feel at home in their nice house; when the sun was shining, they even offered us to have breakfast in their garden. Definitely, we will return to this place next time we travel to London!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Beautiful guest house in probably the most adorable area of London! The guesthouse is very clean and unimaginably charming! I found myself wanting to take pictures of everything. I stayed with Annemarie and Jim for 3 nights while I was studying in London and I have never felt so relaxed and able to focus. Hampstead is lovely with the Heath if you fancy a little walk in nature and a breathtaking view of London. Plenty of delicious restaurants to choose from, a few of which have won some great awards. In the morning Annemarie made me a vegan breakfast which was delicious and beautifully presented! Annemarie and Jim are wonderful people! I thoroughly enjoyed our chats and I already miss you!! I really look forward to returning soon!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I was looking in internet for a place to stay 3-4 days in Hamstead and I was very lucky to find Annemarie and Jim's Hampstead Village Guesthouse.Traditional architecture and comfortable home close to everything in Hamstead. I loved to have tea in my room without having to go to the kitchen; everything is in your room to make the tea and enjoy a tasteful England tradition.
I recommend this place to everybody planning to visit London. And, by the way, price is great for London.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This guest house is very beautiful located next to Hamstead Heath and near the metro station. The house and the rooms are very charming and the beds comfortable. Our room had a bunch of small, fine furnishings and was very pleasant. We rented a fairly large room with its own bathroom, which also would have fit a family. If you are lucky with the weather, breakfast is served in the cozy little garden. The couple who own it are very friendly and helpful. We were two friends who were away for a long weekend and it suited us perfectly. Jogging in Hampstead Heath, then breakfast in the garden followed by a walk up towards Highgate Cementary and further into the city. You simply get the best of everything!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends