US$253
  • Pool
US$336
US$178
  • Fitness centre
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$236
US$229
  • Restaurant
Hilton London Canary Wharf(London)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
The Tower(London)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$122
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn London - Camden Lock(London)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$630
US$484
Agoda.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We have stayed during the years many times at this romantic guesthouse in a charming old villa in artistic hampstead. The very friendly owners Annemarie and Jim have created a home away from home. It's the perfect place to stay in London because although you are in a very big city when back in Hampstead it's like being in the countryside in a beautiful old village. A quiet and perfect place to relax. Kenwood and the Heath are just a short walk to the east. In a few minutes you are in the fashionable High Street. Historic Hampstead has lot's of good pubs, restaurants, deli's and bakery's to have excellent breakfast. The underground is a 5 minute walk. Hope to come back soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed at the Hampstead Village Guesthouse for two nights in one of their small rooms. It was cozy but comfortable, although the arrangements are simple and basic. Nevertheless, given the price, it was very reasonable and nicely done. However, if you are fussy about a big comfortable bed and lots of space then it is likely this is not for you. But if you are happy with a simple, clean and bright room then it is just fine.

The particular attraction of the HGH is its ideal location. Hampstead is a beautiful, historic area of London, with nice cafes, pubs and restaurants all nearby - and the Heath etc. It is very easy to get into central London - which is a short tube ride away on the Northern Line. It is relaxing to be able to return to the relative quiet and calm of Hampsteand and this guesthouse is a pleasant oasis. The owners and operators were very helpful and kind to me and make their guests feel welcome without fussing over them.

I would strongly recommend the HGH to any visitor who is not expecting luxury but rather looking for an attractive place with some real character, reasonable comfort and and ideal location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We lived in London for 4 years. So when it came time to revisit after 10 years away, we knew exactly where we wanted to stay; in the exact same location as where we used to live: Hampstead, North West London.
There is simply no better location in the city in terms of location (near the hampstead heath), easy access to the city (via the Northern Line), people watching on the High Street (main street) and getting away from all the crowds (as the guest house is right off the bustling hight street and is in a quiet neighborhood).
The guesthouse is a wonderful, authentic English experience. With gracious hosts, English landscaping, and a storied past. It is like walking out of this century into a Jane Austen novel. The real draw is the access to the Hampstead Heath. Known as the "lung of London" due to its miles of park land, it is a place that has inspired poets and artists throughout the centuries and is just minutes away from the guest house. We would recommend the Hampstead Village Guesthouse.

Room Tip: We stayed in the studio, which is a private "villa" just next to the guesthouse. It was great for our family of 4.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I live and work in London so I know my way around. Hampstead is one of my favourite neighbourhoods, it's so pretty! When my mother came to visit over Easter week-end, she thought it might be best if we shared a room in a hotel. I seized the opportunity to pretend I lived in Hampstead for a few days and I was not disappointed. My mother and I both live in very noisy places (I have five housemates, she has twenty students living in her building) which is why Hampstead Village Guesthouse was such a dream. It was really like a home away from home, we slept wonderfully for the first time in months. People visiting London might bark at the prices but it's actually quite reasonable for London and Hampstead. Our hosts were very welcoming. Our room felt like a proper English home and gave me hope I would live in such a charming place one day.

Room Tip: We were in 'Guest' room and I loved it. Though I have to admit the bathroom and shower were a bit cramped, as my Mother and I are small this was not a problem.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2014

A friend who lives in the area recommended the Guesthouse and I am so happy that I did listen. It´s not the first time that I stayed in London for a couple of days but this time it was like waking up in a children´s book. Absolutely lovely!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends