“Been twice. Serves it's purpose affably.”

The Mad Hatter Hotel
Ranked #184 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Over a large pub bar. Basic but clean and adequate rooms. Looks more I treating from the outside but that hardly matters. Friendly helpful staff. Not a bad position for South Bank antics. Parking not easy round here. Would come back. Breakfast was OK but there are other places close by to grab the first meal of the day.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HillyCirencester
Write a ReviewReviews (1,183)

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Chose to stay here based on reviews and we were satisfied overall with our 2 night stay. Room was spacious and clean. Staff were friendly and helpful in helping us plan our day. Very close to the Blackfriars station and Southwark station. Walking distance to the Tate modern museum. We stayed Wednesday and Thursday night so we could hear clubbing music from nearby but it didn't bother us as we watched tv or slept. All the drinks and biscuits were complimentary as well (still/sparkling water, tea, coffee, hot chocolate) and there was a kettle in the room. Internet connection was very spotty but it may have just been our room on the third floor.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 15 April 2014

2nd stay at the Mad Hatter. Room was nice, very clean and had all the facilities you would expect. Location is superb for a london visit.

All of the staff, both hotel and in the bar, were really friendly and helpful.

Will definitely be booking here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The room was large, very spacious and nicely decorated. I stumbled upon this hotel by accident and was pleased with it overall.
Only issue was there was no air con, they had a fan on the floor but this wasn't an issue for me.
I was by myself so the room seemed a bit too much for me.

I'm a huge fan of Alice in wonderland and loved the theme of this hotel.

The only negative thing I would say is the price is very high but I'm assuming it was high for me as I am thinking in terms of Australian dollars and as you know, the currency rate isn't that great.

Nice hotel and nice stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

I went to the Mad Hatter quite by accident, I was recommended by friends to try a Fuller's pub and this was the nearest one. Had the Sunday lunch and must say that the beef was some if the tenderest I have eaten, plenty of veg and gravy. Friends had the "Pork Pippin pie" and the "Mad Hatter Pie" which I had to try and were FABULOUS. Staff friendly, reasonable prices and a beautiful pub. Would thoroughly recommend if you are in the area, if not then go find it. Will return

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

This is the second time family have stayed here and again it was lovely. The room was clean and quiet. We ended up after a long day just having dinner in the pub and apart from a small problem ( that was dealt with quickly and with no fuss) it was lovely. The staff are all so nice and friendly and are a real credit not only to the management but to Fullers.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank emmac66
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Always comfortable, and always great service- never disappoints;
Great service from all the staff, comfortable room- with ground coffee, and a great breakfast - even had pancakes on the specials board.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business