Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Steve D
Andover, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Weekend in London
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Oct 2017via mobile
Second time at the hatter perfect little hotel. Outstanding staff brillent bar and food perfectly place for south bank bough market shard etc or just over river cov garden etc. Rooms great building work all around but that's London and you get a free drink in the bar 😂😂😁
Date of stay: August 2017Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1.6 miles from The Mad Hatter Hotel
1.0 miles from The Mad Hatter Hotel
View more hotels in London
1,685 results
All reviews south bank blackfriars bridge hat factory great location fullers pub national theatre globe theatre pub downstairs tate modern fresh milk london eye good size lovely hotel bed was very comfortable lovely room tea and coffee would stay again
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 October 2017

We made the BEST decision EVER to finish our journey at The Mad Hatters Hotel, done blindly as we were meeting our friend who was also staying there, and it was so close to everything we wanted to see and do. Our room was from heaven...OOH THAT BED!!! Fantastic, friendly, funny and helpful staff, food was YUMMY, services spot on!!!!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mad Hatter H, General Manager at The Mad Hatter Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Hi Judith

Wow what can I say thank you so much for this fantastic review I hope we see you all again very soon, reviews like this truly make my day

Kind Regards

Tracey Lewis

Reviewed 18 October 2017

This is a great location but essentially it's rooms above a pub . The rooms are a reasonable size but looking a bit tired. For the price I expected something a bit more boutique. Food is usual pub grub but pretty good

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Maxine D
Mad Hatter H, Manager at The Mad Hatter Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear Maxine
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, we are glad to know the location of the hotel was convenient for your time in London and that you enjoyed the quality of our food.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

I recently visited with a friend, we were looking for a nice meal to have and know that Fuller's serve good food. I have a condition whereby I cannot eat large / adult meals so was pleased to see a children's menu on offer. However, upon attempting to order said meal, I was immediately refused service (my friend wanted to order a full, adult meal). There was no explanation as to why apart from "I've been told I can't do that" - did the bartender think I was trying to scam them? What do you get out of not allowing someone to order a small meal (might I add at about 2/3rds the price of a full meal regardless). Other places would happily serve you the smaller meal (indeed I often order a child's meal for my elderly relatives as they cannot physically eat a full adults meal). Absolutely shocking, it seemed completely jobsworthy with no explanation as to why this simply could not be done. We've gone to wetherspoons instead, at least they will serve us.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Mad Hatter H, Manager at The Mad Hatter Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Guest
We do apologise for the inconvenience cause, I would like the opportunity to fully investigate this, if I could please ask you to contact me directly on madhatterdeputy@fullers.co.uk. I look forward to hear from you .

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We chose it for the value and location It was exactly what I wanted and even more comfortable than I expected. My only problem was the bathroom floor was incredibly uneven. But I do understand it's an old building.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, we are glad to know you enjoyed your visit, we will give the feedback to our maintenance team regarding the bathrooms floor.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed for one night with friends while visiting The Globe, the rooms adjoin a pub under same management - due to nearly building work, which did not inconvenience us, we were provided with a complimentary drink in the bar.

We would have rated this higher but had a slight issue with no power to our room on arrival, which wasn't fixed until we returned from the theatre. However, reception staff friendly and helpful otherwise.

Room clean, and of a good size for a London hotel, and well located for Southbank attractions.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, we are glad to know you enjoyed your visit and apologise for the inconvenience with the power in your room, we will give the feedback to our front office manager.