“Yha hostel !”

Ranked #26 of 823 Speciality Lodging in London
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Yha hostel !”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

me and my friend only went to stay for a night after hackney weekend on 23rd june and overall we thought it was great for the amount of money we paid. saying that it was also in the middle of london, about a 5minute walk to kings cross station, if that. the beds seem comfy and clean when we got there and the bathroom in the room was also clean, however the shower seemed a bit awkward with the way it was facing. the staff at reception were very friendly and welcomed us very much. i would recommend everyone to come stay at this hostel if they are visiting near kings cross, with the £22.50 per person we paid, we thought it was great!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Upstate SC
Reviewed 11 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here for three nights. As other reviewers have noted, the location and price are the best things about this hostel--it is right up the street from Kings Cross and St. Pancras stations, right across the street from The British Library, and the bus stop is nearly by the front door. This was our first time staying here since the "remodel" of a few years ago--the free breakfast is gone, the self-catering facilities are gone with not even a fridge for guests to store any items, the tea kettle in the room is gone--you even have to pay for a morning cup of tea or coffee, and the friendliness of most of the staff is gone (with the exception of Maggie and Samantha). Everything is still clean, the beds are comfortable for bunk beds, and we never waited for a bathroom, although some of the bathrooms on my hall were in sad shape. We didn't have a room that faced Euston Road so the noise was not a problem for us. One thing that I enjoy so much about the hostel experience is the sense of community and that is no longer evident here--the atmosphere felt very impersonal. We probably will choose another place to stay when we travel to London again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from Euston Rd. are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank UpstateSCRose
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 July 2012

My sister and I arrived in London at 8 p.m. on a Thursday. We had made tentative plans with a relative but things did not work out. Needless to say, I was very worried about finding a place. Thankfully, we asked someone who recommended this hostel, which was right by the King's Cross Underground stop. I had not stayed in a hostel in over 20 years but was very satisfied with the lodging. There is a nice cafe that is open 24 hours and multiple TV rooms. The bedrooms are clean (although it would be nice if hand soap was provided in the restrooms) and relatively roomy. There were nice-size lockers in each, but you need to bring your own lock.

Staff were friendly and seemed knowledgeable. They assisted us in being able to stay for several days, although they were already pretty booked. Rates seemed quite good (i.e. 25 to 30 pounds/night) for London.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We chose it because it's really close to the euro star train station near St Pancras station.
The room was pretty big (2 BUNK BEDS) not too clean but good enough as a place to sleep in after a day of traveling.
It's also close to the underground so you can easily get to anywhere in the center.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 June 2012

This hostel was my base when I stayed in London earlier this month. I stayed twelve nights altogether in three different rooms. Two of the rooms I stayed in faced Euston Road and were very noisy due to road traffic below. I found it very hard to sleep in these rooms. Finally on my third stay at the hostel, I asked to be put in a room on the opposite side of the corridor to Euston Road and I slept like a baby - there was no noise at all. If you plan to stay at this hostel I recommend that you ask for one of the "non-Euston Road facing" rooms on arrival (although there is no guarantee you will get one). Apart from the noise, I have only good things to say about this hostel. It was modern and clean. There was inexpensive clothes washing and drying facilities available. There were lockers in each room (you will need to bring your own lock) and additional lockers/storage downstairs (for a daily fee). Most rooms had their own en-suite, but there were also extra bathrooms located on each floor. The location is excellent, being so close to Kings Cross train station. If not for the noise, YHA St Pancras would have been one of the best hostels I have stayed at.

Room Tip: As for a room on the opposite side of the corridor from Euston Road.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Aussiesarz
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I chose this hostel because of it's proximity to Kings Cross Station and the convenience of being 1 minute from the train station was fantastic. BUT the noise from the station was unbelievable. I asked to move rooms several times to try to get some sleep but nowhere in the building was actually quiet. Staff were fantastic and the food at the cafe was great - well priced as well. If it wasn't for the lack of sleep, I would recommend this hostel. I myself won't be going back there though.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back of the building if you can but I don't think there's any dorms ro...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Warwick
Reviewed 6 June 2012

This hostel is in such a good location, right opposite St Pancras, and just up from King's Cross and Euston, and good bus routes all along the road. We had a 4 bedded ensuite room, but were lucky that opposite was an additional shower and toilet which we made use of. Rooms are good, we had a view of the noisy road (which was the only downside) and plenty of floor space and cupboards, bathroom was good too - everything worked and for the price we could not complain. The staff were all young (they were the only 'youth' about the place) and very helpful and knowledgeable and nothing was too much trouble, both the Reception and bar staff and should also mention the cleaners who even emptied our bins each day! There are useful storage lockers in the basement so when you check out just go down there and store your bags till needed. Everything is very secure with key cards. We ate both a breakfast and an evening meal at the hostel and it was great to chill, eat and watch the celebrations on TV. Our room heater did not work and we needed to dry wet stuff, and the staff even provided us with a drying token. Other places to eat nearby are plentiful, a good Irish breakfast at O'Neills and an M&S food place in St Pancras, so you will never starve there. Perfect for the 4 of us for the Jubilee and would definitely stay again!! Thank you all for such a fun stay!!

Room Tip: Main road is very noisy!