“Good Hotel”

The Bloomsbury
Ranked #56 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Stayed here on the way to paris, room only. A bit pricy at 220 quid.. Nice room, friendly staff, great location. Good but small gym - no water in the gym! On the flip side we were offered a bottle of water each on the way in and on the way out in the morning. Bath screen allows the floor to flood a bit but then don't they all! Bed comfey. Great coffee machine. We would definitey stay here again.

1  Thank jeffjames9999
GuestRelationsBlms, Guest Relations Manager at The Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2011

Dear jeffjames9999,

Thank you taking the time to provide us with some feedback on your recent stay with us, at The Bloomsbury Hotel. I am so pleased to see you enjoyed you stay with us and I thank you for the positive feeddback.

If you would like to book with us in the future, please do not hesitate in contacting me directly, and I will assit you with anything you may need.

I look foward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury Hotel in the future.

There are newer reviews for The Bloomsbury

Reviewed 22 August 2011

This is our second visit to The Bloomsbury Hotel and I have to say that we loved it even more the second time around. Don't get me wrong, the first time was FABULOUS - we were really looking forward to coming back to London, and upon our arrival we were treated very special (as they treat all of their guests). The rooms are fabulous, the staff very very attentive to your needs and the addition of all the other hotel guests that we met at the end of the evening around the bar, to talk about all of our adventures of the day made it a wonderful stay. Not to mention the very tasty drinks and wonderful conversation that were made by our fave bartender, Gasper. We will definitely be coming back next summer and are hoping we will be able to secure a room as the Olympics are there and we will definitely be going! Thanks to everyone who made our stay wonderful, we appreciate the kindness very much! Alex Anguiano & Cathi Nunn

Dear Ms. Nunn,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review from your recent stay with us at The Bloomsbury Hotel. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us even more the second time around.

It is so pleasing to read that you were treated with such attention and care, as we treat all of guests. I have passed on your positive feedback to all our departments, and in particular to Gasper. I have already contacted you regarding your future booking with us at the time of the Olympics. I look foward to hearing back from you and to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2011

My fiancee and I stayed here during the first week of July, 2011. It was my first time in London, and nearby the college (UCL) where my fiancee spent a semester abroad, so she knew the neighborhood quite well. I can't say enough good things about this place. Due to reasons far beyond our control, we arrived a full 24 hours late. But we had been able to call ahead to alert them to our delay, and they were very understanding. To help ease the inconvenience of our LA-London flight, they presented us with two free drink chits upon check-in. A nice touch, though our flight woes had nothing to do with the hotel. The room was small, but very comfortable. We had a view of an interior airshaft, but that was fine since we were in the city to explore. A nice feature of the room's location was that we were able to sleep in well past a 4:30am sunrise since the airshaft prevented it from getting too bright. We walked nearly everywhere, and the two times we didn't, the Tottenham Court Rd tube stop was a quick 3 minute walk. Its great central location made accessing the major attractions quite easy. We had a number of fantastic meals in nearby Soho. And after checking out, we had 90 minutes to kill before we needed to head to Paddington Station to grab the express to Heathrow, so we walked down the street to take in the Rosetta Stone a few other fine rooms at the British Museum! All in all a wonderful introduction to London for me! Easily a place I'd return to!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
GuestRelationsBlms, Guest Relations Manager at The Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2011

Dear arm90405

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback regarding your recent visit with us. I am delighted to learn you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. I am glad to see you found our location so conveniant during your time here, and that you found your room so comfortable.

I look foward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury Hotel in the future. If there is anything I may assist you with, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 14 August 2011

We love the hotel and everyone who works there! It may sound exaggerated but I think we hit a jackpot with this place. Having gone thru several different hotels that are part of a tour group - to have to stay in a place that provides real tranquil and great amenities are a welcome treat!

It all started when we were choosing our accommodations while back home in Canada. I emailed another hotel thru a friend's recommendation but never heard back. The Bloomsbury Hotel concierge (Paolo) though - responded with quick, accurate, complete replies! Wow! (I was inquiring about hotel transfer from Bloomsbury to Heathrow and got a great, quick reply). I was stressing about this before because we are hauling 4 luggages from the tour and we still have a convention to attend to in the US - so the replies are awesome and makes for easier planning. We booked with them without hesitation.

When we checked in that day, we were extremely early (we were just transferring from Westminster to Bloomsbury as our tour concluded that day) but they said we can go in our room now. Wow, how's that for service?!!? We got the doorman help us with the luggages and was just too delighted to see a very inviting room - well decor-ed and with airconditioning too. Great bathroom amenities as well and a turndown evening service too! Imagine that! :)

The breakfast buffet too was awesome. Maria and Maria Estelita are great servers. They make sure you get everything you need!

Free wi-fi all over the hotel, great location (everyone mentioned about the tube being closeby) and close to Covent Garden as well! What's not mentioned too is the free printing of the e-tickets too. Many hotels charge for that.

I always believed that great service starts from having great staff. And Bloomsbury Hotel has awesome people! Thank you so much. We will definitely go back to your hotel when we are in London!

1  Thank flowerdrumsong

Dear Flowerdrumsong,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your positive comments. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found our staff so friendly and professional, particularly our concierge and breakfast staff.

I hope to welcome you back to The Bloomsbury Hotel soon. If there is anything I can be of assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 12 August 2011

We stayed a couple of nights in the Bloomsbury and took in a couple of West End Shtows. The hotel is well located - near British Museum, Oxford St, West End Theatres etc.
Very professional front office staff who are very helpful and knowledgable. Rooms are modern, very clean and are large compared to the norm in London. Not the cheapest of course and the breakfast at £20 is a tad too high. Nonetheless a great stay and highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2011
GuestRelationsBlms, Guest Relations Manager at The Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback regarding your recent visit with us. I am delighted to learn you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, and that you found our front office staff so professional and helpful. I have already passed on your positive feedback to our team. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury Hotel on your next visit!

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2011

I found this place because of the great reviews and all the great reviews are true! The hotel is located 5 minutes from the metro stop and near a ton of restaurants and anything you could want to do. The room was modern, bathroom was very nice, room was comfortable and affordable. The concierge was super helpful in terms of giving us great restaurants, things to see & exact directions on how to get there. They even let us have a small refrigerator for our room at no cost. They also gave us 2 free drinks at the bar. I would highly recommend this hotel because it has a great price, great rooms and great service.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We have stayed in many London hotels over the last 20 years. This time we decided to go for something more grand. And booked a superiour room in The Bloomsbury. Special deal, three nights for nearly 600 euros,this is without breakfast.On paper it looks fantastic. And when we arrived it feld like we were in the movies, cab doors opened and suitcases brought up to reception before we could even blink our eyes. Checked in, and by the time we opened our hotel room door, we came back to reality and found that the room was the useal small London hotel room, but this one was also very dark, with hardly any naturel light coming in, as it was on a small awfull looking service courtyard. We had to refuse this room and the next, till we was offered a slightly bigger room, with stained carpet, and a window on a backstreet. But the bed is very comfy, if you can get some sleep, paperthin walls. We was in and out of the hotel lots off time but the doorman must have had the weekend off. Hardly saw them. On checkout,we weeled our suitcases down the steps ourselfs, luckely the steps are not very high. And yes, it is clean, but that is the least to expect. And it is in the area we wanted to be in, but he,so is the YMCA:-).