3,708 results
All reviewsbritish museumcoral roomdominion theatreoxford streettottenham courtcovent gardenbeautiful hotelnespresso machinewest endsuperior roomafternoon teaturn down servicequiet streetexcellent locationwould highly recommend this hoteltube stationcentral location
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We have just returned from a one night stay at the Bloomsbury - fantastic!
From the moment we walked into the lobby we felt welcome. Ben on reception was lovely and even though we arrived before 11am our room was ready. Room was immaculate, decor lovely and plenty of space. We were out for most of the day and upon our return the candles lighting up the steps and lobby were beautiful. We had a drink in the bar which was nice and relaxing after the hustle and bustle of the city.
It was our anniversary and when returning to our room we had been left a complementary bottle of fizz - thank you Mikel that was so thoughtful.
Breakfast was yummy lots to choose from and we weren't rushed at all.
When checking out we were even offered a bottle of water for our journey - really nice touch.
All the staff at this hotel make you feel welcome - we would recommend this hotel and will be returning.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
DanielHealey, Manager at The Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear TheWelshs

I am delighted to read your wonderful review, thank you so much for doing so.

We are so pleased you enjoyed the room, and the service throughout your stay. It is the highest compliment to receive when a guest states they would return without hesitation.

We hope to see you both very soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 17 November 2013

After a little trouble getting to the hotel due to the taxi driver not actually knowing it's location my partner and I found the service on check in very pleasant with being given a refreshing drink and a hot towel and above all our room actually being available early.

The room it's self was good albeit slightly on the small side, but with a extremely soft comfortable super king size bed right in the middle of it.

Could not fault the service elsewhere apart from the lobby bar where my friends and I were left waiting quite a while before getting served and then being told the fruit juice I ordered was out of stock.

Overall a very nice hotel with friendly staff but we found over priced and not really value for money.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Alexnchris

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. I am delighted you enjoyed our welcome so much, the hot towels and welcome drink are just some of the nice touches you will have experienced throughout your stay, we appreciate you highlighting this!

Representing value for money is paramount to us, I am sorry that you did not feel this to be the case, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss further, please feel free to contact me at daniel_healey@doylecollection.com

Kind Regards

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Excellent all around. Very helpful, cheerful and courteous staff. Upholstery good. Pleasant lobby. Fabulous breakfast. Room size OK with good bathroom. Location awesome. Only downside, next door's hangers banging noisy. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear RogerA01

Thank you so much for your review. It is both very helpful and gratifying to hear such thoughtful comments. I will personally investigate the door slamming disruption you encountered.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury London in the near future

Best wishes

Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Bloomsbury hotel for my wife's birthday... I have to say. It was fantastic, the staff were great, very friendly especially after we had a nightmare journey. Mikel checked us in and as it was a special occasion he managed to upgrade our room, and somehow managed to get a lovely bottle of prosecco in the room. I highly recommend the hotel as the service is top class and the food is amazing.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Ian_and_Ellen_2011

I am so pleased that our welcome was such a pleasure for you both, especially after your challenging journey, equally, Mikel is very gracious for your thoughtful comment.

Wishing you a happy birthday Ellen, we are delighted to be able to recognise this when you were here, we hope you enjoyed the larger room and the bottle of sparkling.

We very much hope to welcome you back to The Bloomsbury London

Best Regards

Reviewed 14 November 2013

What a lovely hotel this is. A great location and fantastic staff.
As you walk into the enormous lobby the scented candles create a wonderful atmosphere and the check-in staff were warm and courteous.
The room had everything we needed but was a little on the small side but perfectly suited us for our 1 night stay.
Excellent tea and coffee making facilities and lovely toiletries in the bathroom together with really high quality robes.
We didn't eat the the hotel but had drinks in the bar later in the evening. Again, great staff (especially Jerry) who was very friendly and chatty, and the atmosphere perfect for quiet drinks.
All in all we had a great time and I do feel that this hotel is exceptionally good value considering the service and location. We'll certainly stay again.
Thanks to all thw wonderful staff that looked after us so very well.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rikontour2003

Dear rikontour2003

Thank you for your wonderful contribution!

We are very satisfied that you enjoyed some of the finer details we offer here, from the scented candles to the fluffy bathrobes. We offer complimentary Nespresso Coffee in all of our rooms which really is a hit with our guests.

Above all, we share your view that our team make the difference, we are all delighted to receive your kind endorsement.

Best Regards