3,711 results
All reviewsbritish museumcoral roomdominion theatreoxford streettottenham courtcovent gardenbeautiful hotelnespresso machinewest endsuperior roomafternoon teaturn down servicequiet streetexcellent locationwould highly recommend this hoteltube stationcentral location
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed at the Bloomsbury Hotel two weeks in a row for business. A very warm reception by Ben on the desk, hot towel offered and lovely festive cinnamon drink too which were lovely touches. The room was tastefully decorated and bed very comfy for a great night's rest. Breakfast has a great continental selection. I enjoyed the fruit salad, as nice choice of fruit including few types of melon, pineapple and papaya, yum! Coffee/Tea, toast and fresh juice is brought to you by order which is good service. Also dined in the hotels restaurant. I opted for two 'small plates' of squid and seafood noodles which were very tasty however they were bigger than expected so I probably could have been satisfied with one, however I'm sure those with larger appetites would have been more than happy. Really love this hotel, keep it up!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
DanielHealey, Manager at The Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Raksha B,

I am grateful to you for your review, not only does this give us the opportunity to thank Ben, but it is also a great source of encouragement.

It is very pleasing to hear that both breakfast and dinner were enjoyable to you, we believe in sourcing the freshest ingredients available and cooking them well, keeping produce as king.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon, for business or pleasure, the team are working away on the next edition of our welcome drink!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

My wife and I decided to return to the bloomsbury as we were on a shopping trip. As usual the reception staff were excellent, couldn't do enough for you. I requested low floor which we were given. The restaurant food was very good with very good service! The room was very clean and bed comfortable. Breakfast was ok but the service was not!! We felt we were being rushed to finish our breakfast on the first morning of our stay as the manager on duty constantly was looking at his watch and looking towards our table. On the second morning we asked for toast to be better toasted and it was as if we were asking them to cut their arm off for us. Not too good considering the price we paid for our two night stay. Overall this hotel is beautiful and would return but without paying to have breakfast

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sjm250985,

First and foremost, thank you for choosing to stay with us once again, it means a so much to see our guests return.

I am delighted that our reception team were so welcoming and gracious towards you, we have a wonderful team of people who are all here to go above and beyond. I personally will investigate your comments in regards to breakfast, a meal in the day we value greatly, it is of notable importance to us to execute this well. I appreciate your thoughtful comments.

We look forward to your next visit to The Bloomsbury London.

Daniel Healey

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed 3 nights and had a very good experience. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. room 605 was very compact, shower only, no bath, but we had all we needed and a very generous hospitaily tray which was replenished in the evening. a comfortable bed with good linen. I would have given this hotel rating 5 but the soundproofing was inadequate as I was woken by next doors alarm clock etc!!
I would however stay again in this hotel but upgrade to another room.we did not sample the breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear myopinion70

Thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel.

As you perhaps will know, we do have various room types available - with space increasing in line with the category. Additionally, all of our suites are designed to include a free standing bath and walk-in shower.

I am delighted to read that you will return, it would be fantastic to meet you both and perhaps you will have the opportunity to enjoy breakfast on your next visit.

Daniel Healey

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed for one night as we going to theatre,lovely hotel, great location and very clean and tidy. We asked if we could have an upgraded room prior to arrival and they did, nice surprise.Staff were very pleasant and helpful especially concierge when we asked if we could leave our luggage in the hotel after checkout whilst we visited other sites, also iv'e never seen a taxi arrive so quick when we realised we were going to miss our train, many thanks for making it a fantastic visit to London .

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
DanielHealey, Manager at The Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Chris J,

Thank you very much, for your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular the service offered by the Concierge team.

Good to hear that we got you to the train station in good time!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury London

Kind Regards

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed here for two nights recently. I felt we got by London standards a good rate at booking but when I saw the location I felt we got a bargain. The hotel has undergone a recent renovation and it is simply very smart. The lobby area is lovely and smells constantly of glorious scented candles.

The location is a 5 min walk to covent garden, Shaftsbury avenue, soho and oxford street. Also within 5 mins is the glorious charlotte street - do not miss it. And make sure you check out ROKA. My tip for one of the best restaurants in London. Holborn Tube ( picadilly line ) is an 8min walk - i timed it. A two min cab ride if you are getting the tube from LHR. Tottenham Court tube ( central line ) is two mins walk. Overall the area is really safe. Bloomsbury is quaint and gorgeous whilst being a stones throw from all the hyper activity of the west end. It is an interesting mix.

Our room was average size - it is london - but was spotless and was tastefully decorated. I wouldnt say luxurious - more pristinely functional. Breakfast was fine - there is much on offer in the area so maybe venture out and find something.

All in all we will be back

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear mgbentour,

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Great to hear that you enjoyed the The Bloomsbury Hotel, as you know, we are situated in the heart of 18th century Bloomsbury, just down the road from the British Museum and in the shadow of Centre Point, the iconic modernist tower, where the vibrant West End meets the burgeoning East, where Theatre Land meets the City.

We hope to welcome you back very soon,

Kind Regards