“Very impressed”

The Bloomsbury
Ranked #56 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Great location for shopping,theatres,restaurants,and attractions.
Hotel has lovely rooms ,comfortable beds,and a nice feel ,my only slight criticism was that I found the bar somewhat cramped,small and chaotic, however certainly one of the better hotels I have stayed in London and will return

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
DanielHealey, Manager at The Bloomsbury, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Barbara T

Thank you very much for your review.

We are very proud of our hotel, its location and proximity to some of the very best attractions London has to offer. I am sorry you felt the bar was cramped, it is a popular destination both in London and for our residents, although we do have two bar offerings to choose from, I appreciate your comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for The Bloomsbury

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We visited this lovely hotel 9/10 November , and can't wait to go back.
Lovely welcome, all staff were very good, helpful and cheerful. The aroma when you walk through the doors is relaxing without being overpowering. The whole hotel was clean and not tired like some we have stayed in, bedroom lovely , bed comfy, no noise from rest of hotel at all in room 316 or 317 . Breakfast very nice and well worth cost even better if inclusive as ours was, staff very attentive.
I have been in business in the service industry, I'm not easily pleased and soon find cause to complain as I have a tendency to pay attention to detail and feel others in the service industry should do the same.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear lola186336

Thank you so much for your review.

It is always nice to hear feedback from industry peers, it is warming to know that your experience was so positive.

I hope you had a safe journey back home, and very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury London in the near future.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband & I really enjoyed our stay. Our room was very comfortable & clean. We loved the expresso machine in the room & the fact that decaf coffee was provided as it rarely is.
The hotel is a brilliant location, close enough to walk to Oxford street but far enough away that the noise wasn't a problem. Our only criticism was the way we were treated at breakfast on the fisry morning of our stay, when the man in charge of the restaurant believed we only had continental breakfast included when I had paid for the English breakfast. Instead of going away & checking this he stood & argued with my in front of other guests which was quite embarrassing & then when he finally did go & call reception to check he didn't bother coming straight back to me so I sat waiting for what felt like a very long time. Eventually a waitress went over to him to check. He then cam back & said they had made an error & took my order, by this time my husband had already had the continental breakfast as he couldn't wait for food any longer which was extremely annoying as his was already paid for. Apart from this one man the rest of the staff were absolutely lovely and overly helpful.

Dear sarah s,

Thank you so much for your helpful review.

It is great to hear you took advantage of our in room Nespresso Machine, consciously, we opt to include decaf capsules as we appreciate the difference is in the detail.

I must apologize for your abrupt breakfast experience, I can certainly tell you that this is not the norm at The Bloomsbury, far from it in fact.

Owing to the detail in your review, I have been able to address this, I would like to renew our appreciation to you for this helpful insight.

If there is any aspect of your stay that you would like to discuss further, please do let me know a convenient time to call, my email is daniel_healey@doylecollection.com

With best wishes

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Our 2nd time here and once again a very pleasant stay. A hot hand towel and a welcoming drink were offered at check in. I had mentioned that it was our anniversary and we were given an upgraded room upon arrival and then 1/2 hour later there was a knock at the door and a lovely chilled bottle of prosecco along with a card arrived! All very nice touches that will ensure we would not hesitate to stay here again. The room was lovely and the hotel is perfectly situated for a night out in the West End. All the staff we came across were charming and friendly.

Dear LisaUKUk,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.

We hoped that when planning our guest experience journey, that our memorable touches would be the differentiation in what is a wonderful city, filled with fabulous hotels. I am delighted you felt this was the case too, and it is even more pleasing that you would stay with us again when in London.

With belated congratulations for your anniversary, I hope to be able to meet you on your next visit to The Bloomsbury London.

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a three night stay at this great hotel. The staff really make this a lovely place to stay. It is fabulously located for theatre and shopping. The room was lovely especially as we were up graded. Very comfortable and well appointed on the sixth floor. No problem with any noise and I'm a light sleeper. Didn't eat breakfast but the pre theatre meal was lovely.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear jenniwren10

We hope you had a safe return trip home.

On behalf of the entire team, thank you! Such helpful comments galvanizes our efforts, we are very proud of our hotel, its location and moreover the guests that we have the benefit of hosting and making feel at home.

Perhaps you will have the opportunity to join us for breakfast on your next visit.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed at the bloomsbury this month on a shopping trip! The hotel is well maintained, clean and very well organised. The check in was great, hot towel and a drink on arrival is such a nice touch. Our room was beautiful and immaculate, breakfast excellent although the coffee taste could be better. Nice buffet! Dinner is lovely, beautiful ambience and the phillipino barman was fun, we had to wait in the bar to get a table but we probably should have booked! Thanks!!!

Dear Mike G

Thank you for your kind review! We hope you had a successful shopping expedition in our wonderful capital city.

I will certainly share your kind words with our restaurant and bar team - they will be delighted.

We look forward to welcoming you back, and if I be of any assistance with future restaurant reservations, please do let me know by email; daniel_healey@doylecollection.com .

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed at the Bloomsbury Hotel two weeks in a row for business. A very warm reception by Ben on the desk, hot towel offered and lovely festive cinnamon drink too which were lovely touches. The room was tastefully decorated and bed very comfy for a great night's rest. Breakfast has a great continental selection. I enjoyed the fruit salad, as nice choice of fruit including few types of melon, pineapple and papaya, yum! Coffee/Tea, toast and fresh juice is brought to you by order which is good service. Also dined in the hotels restaurant. I opted for two 'small plates' of squid and seafood noodles which were very tasty however they were bigger than expected so I probably could have been satisfied with one, however I'm sure those with larger appetites would have been more than happy. Really love this hotel, keep it up!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Raksha B,

I am grateful to you for your review, not only does this give us the opportunity to thank Ben, but it is also a great source of encouragement.

It is very pleasing to hear that both breakfast and dinner were enjoyable to you, we believe in sourcing the freshest ingredients available and cooking them well, keeping produce as king.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon, for business or pleasure, the team are working away on the next edition of our welcome drink!

Daniel