“'Amazing'”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
“'Amazing'”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We originally chose to stay at this hotel due to its location and after reading outstanding reviews on TripAdvisor we were not disappointed. The hotel is outstanding in so many ways. The staff are extremely friendly and their customer service is second to none. Nothing is too much trouble for them. Our room was very luxurious and spotlessly clean. We enjoyed every aspect of the room from daily newspapers, constant replenishment of beverages, bed sheets being turned down to weather forecast details and chocolates left each evening. The room was well insulated - quiet and peaceful stay. We spent a weekend in London to celebrate a birthday and were surprised with a complimentary bottle of wine from the hotel. Absolutely amazing stay - will 100% definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank paula c
DanielHealey, Manager at The Bloomsbury, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Paula C

Amazing is a word that we love to hear, our aim is to surprise and delight our guests with thoughtful and intuitive service. Your wonderful review is very kind, and it is without doubt pure motivation to continue our ethos as a guest-centric team.

Your commitment to stay with us again is music to our ears.

Feel free to contact myself if I can be of any assistance at all to you, at daniel_healey@doylecollection.com

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice and it really is the best I have stayed at when I've been in London, the first time I stayed there was a lady playing the harp when we were sitting downstairs but I didn't see her this time, I was on a high floor and it was lovely to look from the window and see the area when I got in at night, it was late so the street were almost empty and being high up there was no sound, very surreal and nice, the rooms are very comfortable with high bouncy beds, lovely en suite bathrooms, handy for theatre and shopping which is what this trip was, I'll definately be returning here when I'm visiting this part of London

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marie S
Dear Marie S

Thank you so much for your kind review.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, the peacefulness of our high floors and the decor in our suites.

We do feature in house live musical accompaniments around the festive period, Valentines and also Mothers Day if you are planning to stay around this time, it makes for a magical afternoon tea experience in our lounge.

We very much look forward to your next visit, do let me know if I can offer any assistance with your next reservation.

Best Wishes

Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013

i was visiting london for a few days and passed the hotel after visiting the british museum and decided to call into the hotel to relax and have a coffee before going to see a show
all the staff where very welcoming
i was sat having coffee and flicking through my a to z of london looking for the theatre for that evening
brian murphy came to me and said hello and asked if i needed any help with directions
i explained i was looking for the lyceum theatre and he went and got a good a4 sized map for me and with a pen drew my route to the lyceum which was great as i had no idea where to go
i then decided as mr murphy was so helpfull and i was so comfortable decided to have some food before going to the theatre which mr murphy arranged for us
i was staying at adifferent hotel however on my next visit i will stay at the bloomsbury !!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank john p
Dear john p

Thank you so much for your glowing review of The Bloomsbury London, and also, our Head Concierge - Brian Murphy.

Feel free to contact either Brian or myself for your next reservation in London, it would be a pleasure to handle this personally.

With best wishes

Hartlepool
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed here with my two children Tuesday 29th and Wednesday 30th October. We had to amend our booking due to trains not traveling into London the previous day, the hotel kindly amended our booking and did not charge us for the Monday evening that we where original booked. The staff at the hotel we extremely helpful and made the children feel very welcome. The rooms where well furnished, clean and comfortable.

We did not eat breakfast at the hotel as I thought that paying the £15 charge for children was excessive considering they are 8 and 4 considering I had to upgrade the room to accommodate one adult and two children.

Cost of hotel not cheap but not excessive for London. Location great.

Children loved the concierge Brian he had loads of time for them a credit to the hotel

I would return to the hotel again very enjoyable visit.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Joanne S

Thank you very much for your wonderful review, I am glad your children enjoyed our concierge team, and Brian in particular. Taking good care of our little guests is both enjoyable and important to us.

I apologize for the confusion, however our children's breakfast is actually £10.00, which includes a full menu as well as our buffet offering.

We look look forward to welcoming you all back for another wonderful family escape.

Scunthorpe
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Superb hotel, very good service, excellent location. The staff were attentive and very pleasant. The rooms were spotless with very comfortable beds and plenty of tea and coffee.Very conveniently located for the theatres and Oxford Street, and only a 15 minute walk to Trafalgar Square. Tottenham Court Road tube station is just around the corner but there are lots of roadworks there at the moment, and it gets a bit confusing. Breakfast at the hotel was nice, but I only had the continental, not the cooked breakfast so I cannot comment on that. The dining room service was very good, and didnt feel hurried at all. The tables do seem to be very close together though, and if you get a table at the edge of the room, the comfortable chairs are very low, so the table is almost at your chin!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Charlotte0501,

Thank you for your valued review.

It is music to our ears that you had such a wonderful experience.

I am also grateful for your additional comments in regards to your seating in the restaurant, but so pleased you had a great evening in Landseer Restaurant abd Bar.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury London.

Messingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Great location for shopping,theatres,restaurants,and attractions.
Hotel has lovely rooms ,comfortable beds,and a nice feel ,my only slight criticism was that I found the bar somewhat cramped,small and chaotic, however certainly one of the better hotels I have stayed in London and will return

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Barbara T

Thank you very much for your review.

We are very proud of our hotel, its location and proximity to some of the very best attractions London has to offer. I am sorry you felt the bar was cramped, it is a popular destination both in London and for our residents, although we do have two bar offerings to choose from, I appreciate your comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Kind Regards

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We visited this lovely hotel 9/10 November , and can't wait to go back.
Lovely welcome, all staff were very good, helpful and cheerful. The aroma when you walk through the doors is relaxing without being overpowering. The whole hotel was clean and not tired like some we have stayed in, bedroom lovely , bed comfy, no noise from rest of hotel at all in room 316 or 317 . Breakfast very nice and well worth cost even better if inclusive as ours was, staff very attentive.
I have been in business in the service industry, I'm not easily pleased and soon find cause to complain as I have a tendency to pay attention to detail and feel others in the service industry should do the same.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear lola186336

Thank you so much for your review.

It is always nice to hear feedback from industry peers, it is warming to know that your experience was so positive.

I hope you had a safe journey back home, and very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury London in the near future.