“Top notch service and perfect location” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Bloomsbury
Ranked #57 of 1,089 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tonsberg, Norway
“Top notch service and perfect location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

This was my first stay at The Bloomsbury Hotel and I will no doubt book the same hotel when I visit London next time. The room was spotlessly clean and elegantly decorated, complimentary Wifi and impeccable service. I have never experienced such devoted hotel staff ever before. They were very helpful with all of my questions and enquiries. Delicious breakfast.
2 mins walk to nearest tube station (Tottenham Court Road) and Oxfort Street - the perfect location for both business and pleasure. No tube changes to get to Liverpool Street/Stansted Express makes this a great location if you travel to/from Stansted Airport.
I'm already looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DanielHealey, Manager at The Bloomsbury, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear MariaVil

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us, especially breakfast and of course our location in the capital is truly amazing, we are blessed.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I've heard good things about this hotel and finally tried it. The staff was happy to accommodate me into a room even though I arrived way too early for check-in. The first room I got wasn't to my liking (near service area and too far from lift) but they were happy to accommodate me and changed a room. Wifi was excellent throughout the hotel. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept on. A great hotel especially for weary business travellers!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Jeanoo,

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. I am delighted to note that we were able to accommodate your needs so quickly, and that you got some well deserved rest. We take a great deal of time in choosing our beds and bedding.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

My girlfriend and I went to London for 5 days, and decided to stay at The Bloomsbury. Great decision! We were welcome with champagne and roses on the bed and bath top. The staff were so gently and asked constantly if they could do anything better for us. The breakfast was wonderful, and so was the service. The room got cleaned, up to three times a day, which made the experience better. We'd recommend The Bloomsbury for everyone who wants the best location in the heart of London, wants luxury and an romantic atmosphere! It's worth every penny!

Room Tip: Let them know that you want a room with a view of the street!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nicolaj T
Dear Nicolaj T

Thank you for these fantastic comments. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear the roses petals and champagne were well received and further to your comments, I was thrilled to be able to recognize the housekeeping team for being extra attentive.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

This was a lovely hotel situated in a central location. The British Museum and the Tottenham Court Road tube station are only ~ 1 block away. Restaurants, pubs, and theaters of Leicester Square, Piccadilly Circus, and Covent Garden are also an easy walk from the hotel and the tube makes any other attraction easily accessible at a reasonable cost. We stayed for 5 nights in a standard room. Overall, the room was clean, tastefully decorated, and quiet. This is central London and our room was small (as you might expect in NYC). The bathroom was also lovely, but again, small and difficult to navigate with two people (if makes for a comical exercise for a second person to try to retrieve an item when the bathroom is already occupied). In retrospect, I would recommend upgrading to a larger room, especially if you are staying more than 2-3 nights – we found it difficult to navigate around the room with our two suitcases given the limited closet and floor space. Additional wall hooks along the long wall opposite the bed would be an appreciated addition, especially for bulky coats which are difficult to fit in the closet. Wireless internet is provided and we had no difficult with access; there are also two computers and printers for use in the lobby. We never enjoyed the hotel restaurant although we often stopped at the bar downstairs for a nightcap and were pleased with the selection and service. Overall, we would not hesitate to stay here again, but would likely opt for a larger room.

Additional information that might be of help:

If traveling from Heathrow, it is approximately an hour by tube to the hotel (with 1 transfer). You will have to navigate steps; if you have physical limitations, I would not recommend this option. Otherwise, this is the least expensive (and very easy) option at less than 6€/person.

For first time visitors, pubs in central London close at 11-12, even on weekends. This made the hotel bar a much appreciated option given its late last call.

A related point to above: this is central London and many commute into the city. As a result, restaurants (just as pubs) close relatively early. On a positive note, for those preferring to eat later in the evening (~9pm) we found reservations were rarely needed.

For tourists, do take advantage of the 2-4-1 offer by the National Rail Service for many popular attractions. Details are available on a number of tripadvisor forums.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Virginia412
Dear Virginia412

Thank you so much for this fantastic feedback. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and that you were especially impressed by the service provided by the team. As you will most likely realize, we cater for the various needs of our travelling guests, which includes rooms of a smaller size through to the larger categories of Superior, Deluxe and Suites.

Thank you again for kind comments and I do hope we are able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Great weekend was had in the Bloomsbury, brilliant location for all attractions, the staff were most helpful and friendly, the room was amazing and quiet. We enjoyed a superb meal in the hotel restaurant.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Chris H

Thank you so much for this fantastic feedback. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and that you were especially impressed by the service provided by the restaurant team.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I enjoyed the stay in the bloomsbury; the location is perfect. the hotel is nicely decorated, nice restaurant and bar. the rooms are perfectly equipped with nespresso, tea maker and iron. excellent staff.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear AliceSI

Thank you very much for your kind review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to enjoy the restaurant and bar.

St Helens, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We were so very well looked after it was unbelievable. Outstanding room- we were upgraded, gift of fresh fruit in the room. Quiet and peaceful which more than made up for the last time we were there when we complained about noise from the hotel's heating/ air con system which had the master unit outside our room. The staff are all fantastic - so well trained, the bar manager spent a lot of time on an American couple and not us on Sat evening- where were our nibbles? But a small point. Great breakfast!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Lesley T

I am delighted to learn that your most recent stay with us was a resounding success! Thank you for posting your wonderful review.

I hope to welcome you back, and on behalf of our resident Cocktail Bar Manager, we would be delighted to make a drink to your taste with our compliments for this minor oversight.

With best regards