“Blooming lovely”

GreenLeadersSilver level
West Country, UK
“Blooming lovely”
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

We booked the Bloomsbury when visiting London for a friend's birthday and were very impressed by both it's splendour (to us provincials it seemed VERY swanky) and its warm welcome. Literally a stone's throw from Tottenham Court Road at one end of the street and the British Museum at the other, if you are doing touristy London it's very happily situated. We arrived on a sunny Saturday afternoon in March having nabbed a bargain deal on the internet so were very pleasantly surprised to find a quality hotel with unerringly polite and helpful door and desk staff. We were on a budget so didn't check out the cocktail bar (although the voucher for a free cocktail was a nice touch) and headed up to our room - closely followed by the doorman with our bags. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble. We were located up on the sixth floor in a compact but well-appointed room. Tasteful decoration, lovely modern bathroom, and the usual TV, tea and coffee making facilities as well as a nice view of the Centre Point Tower (no, really - we thought it was cool) meant we were happy bunnies. We slept in a very comfortable bed and despite the hotel being busy, weren't disturbed at all by other guests coming and going. We didn't stop for breakfast as we'd spied an attractive looking diner opposite and headed there (VQ - also recommended) but having stayed once I would most definitely choose this hotel again - it's not often that you experience such a quality hotel in this price range in the capital, and this one is well worth a return visit.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
DanielHealey, Manager at The Bloomsbury, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for your thoughtful and kind comments. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were especially impressed by the levels of service, location and understated luxury in the heart of London.

Thank you once again for your comments and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Thank you to The Bloomsbury Hotel for a lovely stay and for making my husband's special birthday even more so! We didn't get a free upgrade when I asked but they sent two glasses of bubbly and a desert with 'happy birthday' written on the plate to our room a few minutes after our arrival- fab!

The location is great especially for shows. The hotel staff are polite and accommodating and the hotel itself is clean, elegant and very comfortable. The Rooms are well decorated, it's a nice boutique hotel with no 'chain' feel to it. There are also nice touches like espresso coffee maker. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for this fantastic feedback! I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent celebration with us and felt the service and comfort levels were first class throughout, we are very grateful for the recommendation as a Boutique hotel in London - The Doyle Collection offers understated luxury in a warm, personal and genuine environment.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Superb hotel which I've had the pleasure of staying at on business many times over the last 3 years. The staff are friendly and attentive, the rooms contemporary and the food excellent. Malaka - the duty night manager is the bar to which every hotel manager should be assessed and Maria who manages the Restaurant provides excellent service with a smile, even at 7am!!

If your considering the hotel for a business or private function the George V suite at the end of the corridor is by far the best!

Highly Recommend this hotel

P.s It also smells great - You'll understand what I mean when you go there!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TravellingTrader
Thank you for this fantastic feedback! I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your experience with us and felt the service and comfort levels were first class throughout, we are very grateful for the recommendation.

Thank you also for taking the time to highlight Maria and Malaka, they are both delighted to be mentioned and I was pleased to be able to recognize them personally as a result of your review.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is a really superb hotel. Every amenity you could need is there and the staff couldn't be nicer. I almost don't want to write this review so that the hotel isn't booked next time I'm in London. But alas, they treated us so well that I can't withhold the nice worlds. Thank you all for a very nice stay!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your thoughtful and kind comments. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were especially impressed by the levels of service, it gives me great pleasure to know we will welcome you back to The Bloomsbury London.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My experience at the Bloomsbury was an absolute pleasure starting from the time I checked in and lasting up until the very moment I checked out. The staff was extremely friendly and courteous and really knew how to make a guest feel welcome. My room was furnished with every imaginable amenity and the bed felt great to sleep in. I think the best aspect of our stay though was becoming acquainted with the resident bartender, Joel. My associate and I were traveling on business and whenever we stopped by, he made us feel as if we were at home. The quality of his drinks could only have been matched by his warming personality and we will be sure to stop by there the next time we're in town, even if we don't happen to be staying at the hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for this fantastic feedback! I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your experience with us and felt the service and comfort levels were first class throughout, and notably so in our bar!

Thank you also for taking the time to highlight Joel who was thrilled to be mentioned and I was pleased to be able to recognize him personally as a result of your review.

Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We have just returned from a lovely weekend in London and stayed at the Bloomsbury Hotel-from the moment we arrived we were made to feel really welcome and the staff were very friendly and chatty and took an interest in what our plans were for the weekend. The room was very comfortable, the bed was lovely,the mixed nuts in the mini bar were amazing, and the full english breakfast was the perfect remedy for a hangover!! Oh and my husband was particularly impressed that there was the Sky Sports channel.....
Will definitely recommend!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your thoughtful and kind comments. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and were especially impressed by the levels of service, snacks in the Landseer Bar, our cooked breakfast and of course our TV offering!

Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Just returned from an excellent one night stay at The Bloomsbury, and must say we were extremely impressed with the hotel, the staff, and the service we received. Our stay was part of my 50th Birthday celebrations, and my wife and I could not have received a better service from start to finish. We were spending the whole day in London, so arrived at 9.00am to off-load our luggage, and were immediately offered an early check-in there and then, and given vouchers for complimentary cocktails, in recognition of my Birthday.
Having spent the day sight-seeing, we returned for dinner in the Landseer Restaurant, and once seated were offered complimentary champagne (again a nice touch). When our smiling and courteous waitress accidently tipped my glass over, I was brought a replacement without hesitation. The wonderful meal was topped off with an exquisitely made surprise Birthday Cake, which made a delicious dessert. And breakfast the next day was amazing too.
On a rare night away without the kids, we were made to feel totally at home and relaxed and I really cannot recommend this place highly enough. Well done to all the staff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kevin Y
Thank you for this wonderful feedback! I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your experience with us and felt the service levels were first class throughout, in celebration of your 50th birthday.

Your review has been shared with the team, who are all delighted we could make your experience so special.