“Refuge for a weary traveller”
Review of The Bloomsbury

The Bloomsbury
Ranked #56 of 1,069 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Refuge for a weary traveller”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was delighted with this hotel when I spent a night there after a wearying sojourn in Africa. The staff gave me a warm welcome and allowed me to check into the room early, for which I was very grateful. The room was more spacious than I expected for a major city, and was very nicely appointed. The bathroom seemed quite luxurious, as well. The location, within easy walking distance of the British Museum and other central London attractions, was very convenient, allowing a person to return to stash packages or rest for a few minutes between destinations. Although I ate dinner in the hotel's restaurant mainly because I was too tired to go anywhere else, I was pleasantly surprised at the delicious food and the charming, candlelit atmosphere. My 6:15 wake-up call on the morning I left was followed by the delivery of a perfect cup of coffee, a very nice touch. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ann G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dyer, Indiana
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Brian, the concierge, was like an old friend every night waiting for us when we came home. He gave us great suggestions, helped us with our reservations, and always had a smile on his face. Maria in the restaurant was so helpful in getting my lactaid-free milk and greeted me daily by my name. Louise at the front desk explained the bill to me and was so helpful--what a place. It's worth every penny. The hotel room was clean and bright with nice amenities. Great location--we went to the theatre two nights we were there and it's all within walking distance, and the British Museum is in the next block. If you're going for fish and chips, a few blocks away is Rock and Soul--yummy! If we go back to London, why would I stay anywhere else?

Room Tip: We were at the end of the hallway and it was very quiet.
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind and thoughtful review. I am delighted that your experience was so enjoyable and that both Maria and Brian made your stay special.
Our location is wonderful to easily reach Covent Garden, Soho, Holborn, The British Museum and many of London’s main attractions.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Fantastic hotel very welcoming ,Concierge go above and beyond ,reception staff lovely check in and out very quick offered towels, refreshments. Rooms very comfortable and spotless beds turned down every night and chocolates .Dressing gown ,slippers , Nespresso provided .Towels changed daily and rooms cleaned .Joel the bar men in Landseer bar is one of the nicest people you could every meet service excellent a true gentlemen and a credit to the Bloomsbury. Breakfast is quality and nothing is to much trouble always addressed by our full names nice touch in my eyes that they take the time to remember guests thank you Maria for looking after us would not hesitate in recommending this hotel best hotel I have ever stayed at and look forward to going back next year . Kind regards Mr & Mrs Cavener

1 Thank Karen C
Dear Mr and Mrs Cavener,

Thank you very much for your kind and thoughtful review. I am delighted that your experience was so enjoyable and that Joel made such a fantastic impression. I will be sure to share and recognise the exceptional service with Joel and Maria.

We have really thought about our breakfast offering, I am delighted you could enjoy it throughout your time with us.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I stayed in The Bloomsbury Hotel for two nights and we could not have enjoyed our stay more: The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, The room was really spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was also spacious, very nicely decorated and stocked with shower gel and body lotion etc which were lovely to use. We were also impressed that there was not only a kettle in the room for making tea but an espresso machine for real coffee.
The breakfast is fabulous: The pastries are as good as the best French patisserie, there is fresh fruit and excellent yogurt along with an extensive menu of cooked dishes and the healthy options are a fantastic idea.
As for the location: It could not be better: Incredibly central but in a neighbourhood of character.
The fact that this hotel was designed by the famous architect Lutyens was the icing on the cake.

Room Tip: We stayed in a deluxe room on the 6th floor and it was perfect.
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind and thoughtful review.

It is a real pleasure to hear of your experience, all the small details like the Nespresso Machine, Patisserie at breakfast and the Super foods are very important to us. It is these details that make the difference, I am so pleased you could enjoy in this fabulously restored Luytens building.

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is just a fantastic hotel. Rooms are large and really clean the staff are very helpful. Location is amazing right in the heart of theatre land. Food service was slow but food good when it did arrive! We will be going back!

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review.

I am very pleased that you will be returning to The Bloomsbury London! Your comments are a delight to read and thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

A lovely hotel, excellent staff, best location possible for seeing London. It's right near a tube stop, but we never used it because almost everything is in walking distance. The room is very nice, with a great shower. It is small, but more than adequate for 2 people. Definitely will stay here again when we come back to London.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hkon001
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review.

We too share your enthusiasm for our location, it is almost unbeatable, we are very fortunate to be located in London’s most central point.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury Hotel and London.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Excellent hotel, welcomed in from heavy rain and Porter took cases from us and showed us to the reception desk to allow us to check in where we were given hot, wet cloths to freshen up! Room on 7th floor, adequate sized, lovely decor, clean bathroom with toiletries which were replaced during our 3 night stay. Well stocked tea tray with Nespresso machine, although we didn't use it as we weren't sure how to! Didn't see instructions however they may have been there and we just didn't see them. Bed turned down and dressing gown placed on bed with slippers on first night along with 2 chocolates! Bed turned down every other night and chocolates appeared again! Free Bottles of water were replaced daily
Breakfast was fabulous with a large continental buffet and hot options available. The staff were very welcoming and friendly especially Maria and Espelita who were very attentive and always asked if we would like more toast and coffee etc!
When we were leaving the friendly porter who we had spoken to a couple of times in the lift took my case to the front door for me and My husband was offered a couple of small bottles of water for the flight home.
All in all a lovely hotel, pricey but in a great location. Would certainly go back again and recommend to anyone
NB if you are coming from Heathrow, don't do what we did and get off the tube at Holburn as it's quite a walk with luggage. Change at Leicester Square and head for Tottenham Ct Rd and it's just round the corner!

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind and detailed review of our hotel.

It is music to my ears to know how well we looked after you both, although I am sorry that the Nespresso machine was not easy to use, we are addressing this with a small card which we hope will allay future concerns.

I must say Maria and Estelita are truly unique ambassadors of the hotel, they epitomize our service ethic and demonstrate what we look for in all of our team members. It will give me great pleasure sharing this with them both.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury Hotel and London.